Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2018 Coaching news

I think with the overhaul that is going on we can have a coaching news thread. This can be for rumors of Packers coaches interviewing with other teams about positions. Coaches interviewing for openings on the Packers staff, etc.

RIP Gene Wilder

First couple of news bits.

This one happened a little while ago but, I didn't really see anyone mention it WR Coach Luke Getsy has accepting an offer to become Mississippi State's offensive coordinator.

Lions were granted permission to interview Winston Moss for their HC position.

RIP Gene Wilder

Sounds like Fangio is not only in the running for the Bears HC job, but some say he may one of the favorites. If the case obviously no longer a candidate for our DC gig.

QB coach Alex Van Pelt and OC Edgar Bennett gone as well from the Packers per @mortreport. Lot of openings right now.

Making way for Brett Favre, new OC/emergency QB. Lol. Anyways sucks to see Edgar go, but clearly the Packers are not satisfied about last season. Losing the OC not a huge deal MM is primary play caller anyways. QB coach need a change as Hundley showed some signs of a serviceable back others like the he didn't belong. That may have imploded their chances of flipping him for picks.

Ugh, talking about this possibly making way for Ben McAdoo as OC. Makes you remember that all these firings doesn't quite mean things are going to get better and that they most certainly can get worse.

Edgar Bennett & Van Pelt have been fired.

MM making a last ditch effort to save his job. Hopefully all these moves bring out the best in him.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Ugh, talking about this possibly making way for Ben McAdoo as OC. Makes you remember that all these firings doesn't quite mean things are going to get better and that they most certainly can get worse.
    McAdoo wouldn't be a horrible choice for OC. But I think Joe Philbin is on his way back in as Packers OC. He had great chemistry with MM and the offense for the most part was successful during his tenure.

Word is it will either be McAdoo or Philbin, maybe both, McAdoo as QB and Joe as OC. McAdoo would not be a terrible choice for either gig, great chemistry with Aaron, took the second worst offense to 14th and then 6th with a QB not nearly as talented as Rodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by flodapack View Post
    Edgar Bennett & Van Pelt have been fired.
    Van Pelt technically is just not under contract anymore and is looking for OC duty. But seems he won't be back regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    McAdoo wouldn't be a horrible choice for OC. But I think Joe Philbin is on his way back in as Packers OC. He had great chemistry with MM and the offense for the most part was successful during his tenure.
    McAdoo would be awful. The Giants offensive scheme was as lifeless as ours. They had no idea how to use some of their own star players. I do not want him taking over.

I read that Bennett has been " reassigned"...maybe to scouting dept

Quote Originally Posted by wwfd1220 View Post
    I read that Bennett has been " reassigned"...maybe to scouting dept
    That would be great as it would be pretty crappy just to throw Edgar out. I too read he remains under contract.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 01-03-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    McAdoo would be awful. The Giants offensive scheme was as lifeless as ours. They had no idea how to use some of their own star players. I do not want him taking over.
    See your thinking of McAdoo as a HC not as an OC. Again I think it will be Joe Philbin coming back as OC, but McAdoo will do just fine as well despite the likely fan objections. I would really be interested to see if they can get Philbin back as OC and McAdoo ad QB coach again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast