Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 Season Awards

The podcasts like Maiocco and the Price one did this and I thought it would be fun to get everyone's opinion.

Offensive Player of the Year
    Marquise Goodwin - He was on pace for 1000 yards, he overcame a lot of adversity, and his career somewhat changed midseason from going to only a deep threat to a legit WR for Jimmy G. He also produced career bests in many categories and seemed to inspire the rest of the team.

Defensive Player of the Year
    Deforrest Buckner - He was an anchor on that defense, played all 16 games, and improved from his rookie year.

Offensive Rookie of the Year
    Trent Taylor - This one was tough. I give the nod to Taylor for his critical 3rd down receptions and play on special teams. There are a lot of good candidates here Breida, Kittle, CJ Beatherd, etc...

Defensive Rookie of the Year
    Adrian Colbert - Again several good candidates, but Colbert made more impact plays that changed games more than any other rookie on the team. We got a steal in the 7th round.

MVP

Jimmy G. The team went from the Cleveland Browns to the Philadelphia Eagles with essentially one player. I've already posted how the defense and offense were both top 5 in his starts, and were in the high 20's or 30's when he didn't start.

I'm sure there are more awards to give, but I'd start here.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Surprised you went with Colbert and not foster

All of those are reasonable. I would have gone Foster for DROY, but understand why you went Colbert.

Colbert is legit, but drops picks though.

I actually agree with leftyís awards but I wouldíve inserted Foster instead of Colbert. Foster is everywhere!

I'm not as high as everyone else in on Foster. I mean he's talented, but he's going to last like 4 seasons. He can't play a full game. He's too small for the way he plays. Either he needs to add bulk or he needs to learn to wrap up rather than try and kill everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I'm not as high as everyone else in on Foster. I mean he's talented, but he's going to last like 4 seasons. He can't play a full game. He's too small for the way he plays. Either he needs to add bulk or he needs to learn to wrap up rather than try and kill everyone.
    I disagree. Most of the time that he got "hurt" (aside from the first injury) were just shoulder stingers. Stingers really don't go away until a player can get several weeks of not getting hit in that area. Besides, what did they take him out of the games for, one play per game? Also, he was a tad bit below his playing weight due to not being able workout in the offseason due to the shoulder surgery. This year he should be able to bulk up a bit. As far as his play when healthy, he was fantastic. According to PFF, no linebacker in the league had more positive plays on a play-by-play basis. He was great in both run and pass defense.

Don't think he missed more than a handful of snaps the 2nd half of the year. Think they kept him out part of the last two, but was healthy if needed.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0/fantasy/2017
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 01-03-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Thatís fine, but it adds up. Stingers are nerve injuries, Iím sure you guys have had them. If you continue to get stingers it could literal lead to nerve damage.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Thatís fine, but it adds up. Stingers are nerve injuries, Iím sure you guys have had them. If you continue to get stingers it could literal lead to nerve damage.
    Well yeah obviously I don't want to see it continue, but most of the talk of him missing time is alittle overblown I think is all.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Well yeah obviously I don't want to see it continue, but most of the talk of him missing time is alittle overblown I think is all.
    He has to learn to wrap up instead of try to blow everyone up

He has to learn to wrap up instead of try to blow everyone up
    That is true. Was visible on his college film. Need to bring in the rugby tackling coaches alot of teams are doing.

If Foster learns how to wrap up, he will be the best linebacker in the NFL next year. His instincts are up there with kuechley, he's more athletic than Willis, and his will is like Ray Lewis. He can be the greatest linebacker to ever play IF he can learn how to wrap up.

If Foster learns how to wrap up, he will be the best linebacker in the NFL next year. His instincts are up there with kuechley, he's more athletic than Willis, and his will is like Ray Lewis. He can be the greatest linebacker to ever play IF he can learn how to wrap up.
    His tackling reminds me of Reid. Reid was always injured or concussion or whatever it was. Think it was Reid at least lol

Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    His tackling reminds me of Reid. Reid was always injured or concussion or whatever it was. Think it was Reid at least lol
    Yup. Reid would tackle everyone high and he kept getting concussions. So he changed how he tackles and he doesn't get hurt near as much as he did.

So basically he needs to improve on wrapping up opponents and then youíll be high on him lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast