Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

2017/18 January Game Thread

Tuesday, January 2nd
    Lightning(28-8-2) vs Maple Leafs(23-15-2)
    7:00 pm et
    SNO

This is gonna be one tough game to win. Tampa's been unreal this year.

Goat recalled Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! anybody know if he's playing?
    2015 Re-Draft Dream Team

Hall-Backes-Cammalleri
    Lupul-Bjugstad-Brown
    Rieder-Rakell-Hayes
    Jaskin-Jenner-Stempniak

McDonagh-Doughty
    Orpik-Jones
    Campbell-Gudbranson

Bernier
    Tokarski

MLHS has the Goat between Martin and Brown. Hopefully it stays that way.

Great pace to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox:32075509
    Great pace to this game.
    Yeah really loving the pace. This is how every game should be.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Yeah really loving the pace. This is how every game should be.
    Yeah there was a point there in the 2nd where it was one team full steam then other coming right back. Unfortunate on the 2nd goal but the boys are playing well. Best game to watch all year so far. Can't wait for the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox:32075684

Yeah there was a point there in the 2nd where it was one team full steam then other coming right back. Unfortunate on the 2nd goal but the boys are playing well. Best game to watch all year so far. Can't wait for the 3rd.
    Tough game to lose but definitely entertaining.

Marner was excellent tonight. He was all over the puck and made Hedman look silly on one his rushes.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I thought the Leafs played well but the Johnny Bower tribute was the most memorable moment of the night. Truly well done.

This team needs to shoot more. I'm not talking about getting out-shot, i'm talking about having a chance at the net and the team trying a cutesy pass that would need a miracle to get through. Hyman had a chance to pass to Matthews but the Tampa Bay Dman was cheating over to Matthews, so Hyman shot it. I'm ok with that. It seemed like the Leafs were trying to force passes through all night. Marner, while he was electric in the 2nd/3rd, tried to force passes and was allergic to shooting. We need Matthews, Marner and Nylander shooting.

And Marleau was by far the worst at this. His passing has been terrible for the last 5 games or so.

I agree. They definitely need to shoot it more when they have a chance. Marner never shoots it, even on a breakaway lol.

I'd like to see Matthews be more aggressive with the puck. He has a tendency to pass the puck quickly rather than drive the play.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I agree. They definitely need to shoot it more when they have a chance. Marner never shoots it, even on a breakaway lol.

I'd like to see Matthews be more aggressive with the puck. He has a tendency to pass the puck quickly rather than drive the play.
    I think i've been seeing the same thing, especially on the rush. He seems to really want someone else to carry the puck up the ice and hit him with a sweet feed. I haven't been looking too closely at it but i don't remember the last time he set someone up on the rush. I remember in the Ranger game he went beast mode on the cycle to set up Will Nye but i don't recall any rush plays

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized:32077815
    I think i've been seeing the same thing, especially on the rush. He seems to really want someone else to carry the puck up the ice and hit him with a sweet feed. I haven't been looking too closely at it but i don't remember the last time he set someone up on the rush. I remember in the Ranger game he went beast mode on the cycle to set up Will Nye but i don't recall any rush plays
    He's been doing that all season. When he has the puck on the cycle, he will try to drive the play but on the rush, he wants to pass it as soon as possible. It's like he's not comfortable or scared of turning it over.

last night was a great example of where this team is. A good team that will finish in 6th place for the P.O's, but probably 8th or 9th in actual points. As-is, they'll be out in the 1st and Babs will be in the hot seat...you can bookmark this post and we'll re-read it in May.

Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn:32078301
    last night was a great example of where this team is. A good team that will finish in 6th place for the P.O's, but probably 8th or 9th in actual points. As-is, they'll be out in the 1st and Babs will be in the hot seat...you can bookmark this post and we'll re-read it in May.
    The Leafs are fine and actually played really well against TB. I'm not seeing anything that would suggest this team will fall off. You need to temper your expectations. They are still one the youngest teams in the NHL and their best players are sophomores. I'm seriously baffled by your post. You think Mike will be on the hot seat? Are we already forgetting where this team was two years ago?

Even if they lose in the first round, nothing changes. The team is still developing and learning how to play consistent. That comes with experience.

It's amazing how some fans can lose sight of the bigger picture as soon as they see some success.

Thursday, January 4th
    Sharks(21-12-4) vs Maple Leafs(23-16-2)
    7:00 pm et
    SNO

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast