Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this Wild Card weekend matchup?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buffalo Bills

2 11.76%
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

15 88.24%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    This game was the first time I heard Tony Romo on commentary. I kept hearing last September how good he is, but I thought he sucked yesterday. He sounded like some guy watching a game in a sports bar. Apparently, he's such a bad playoff performer that he even chokes as a commentator in the playoffs as well as choking as a player. Either that, or CBS told him not to tip off the play before the snap, and he couldn't adjust. But you still don't know if the play is going to be successful, or what will happen when they run it; it's not like hearing the radio call ahead of the TV that you're watching.

On Jacksonville's field goal, I didn't see the ball to through the uprights because I lost it in the sun. I had to wait for the play-by-play guy to tell me what happened. The camera angle for field goals and extra points should always be from behind the uprights (with the ball coming toward you).
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 01-08-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    This game was the first time I heard Tony Romo on commentary. I kept hearing last September how good he is, but I thought he sucked yesterday. He sounded like some guy watching a game in a sports bar. Apparently, he's such a bad playoff performer that he even chokes as a commentator in the playoffs as well as choking as a player. Either that, or CBS told him not to tip off the play before the snap, and he couldn't adjust. But you still don't know if the play is going to be successful, or what will happen when they run it; it's not like hearing the radio call ahead of the TV that you're watching.

On Jacksonville's field goal, I didn't see the ball to through the uprights because I lost it in the sun. I had to wait for the play-by-play guy to tell me what happened. The camera angle for field goals and extra points should always be from behind the uprights (with the ball coming toward you).
    I think that's what makes him great and what gets his hype. He's talking to us like a buddy not like a normal company guy. It's refreshing and he still gives plenty of football knowledge/experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I loved Romo on the color yesterday.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Yeah, I've noticed Romo is very hit and miss with people. He is a different type of color commentator. Some would be more excited while commentating but then only provide superficial analysis. Yet Romo is very in-depth, too, to the point of predicting plays, which annoys some viewers as well. I personally like him very much.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed Romo is very hit and miss with people. He is a different type of color commentator. Some would be more excited while commentating but then only provide superficial analysis. Yet Romo is very in-depth, too, to the point of predicting plays, which annoys some viewers as well. I personally like him very much.
    I say I enjoy it. It's intelligence without the condescending tone that his predecessor had. To me that plays really well to talk very intelligently about it but at the same time understand that he needs to explain it in a way that anyone watching at home can understand.

PROCESSING

If I like Romo, that says something.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Speaking of broadcasters, I wonder who replaces Jon Gruden on MNF. Maybe it's Romo.

I liked Gruden, but a problem with him is that he would use a jargon term and not explain what it means. Also, he got criticized on here for gushing over every player and coach. In retrospect, he might have done that to not provide bulletin board material for his future opponents. (Of course, I don't know how long he has wanted to return to coaching.)

Here's the GIF showing that the INT wasn't a catch:

First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Didn’t survive the ground. Not a catch.

PROCESSING

If only Tyrods backup had those last 10 seconds to win the game

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    If only Tyrods backup had those last 10 seconds to win the game
    Shrug.

Dalton got one last sling in there vs the Ravens when all hope appeared to be lost.

I want Peterman cut because he's so bad he isn't worth the roster spot, but Any Given Sunday, especially in the playoffs.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Didn’t survive the ground. Not a catch.
    I disagree. The ball is not hitting the ground; it's landing on his hands. Besides, what about when a receiver controls the ball and it's ruled a catch, even if the tip of the ball touches the ground? I was wondering if that rule applies to interceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I disagree. The ball is not hitting the ground; it's landing on his hands. Besides, what about when a receiver controls the ball and it's ruled a catch, even if the tip of the ball touches the ground? I was wondering if that rule applies to interceptions.
    Ball moves when he hits the ground, ball touches ground, didn't establish as runner. Same exact events with Jesse James. James not a catch, so neither is this.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ball moves when he hits the ground, ball touches ground, didn't establish as runner. Same exact events with Jesse James. James not a catch, so neither is this.
    It's definitely an edge case, but since in Ramsey's case the ball is apparently knocked from control with his hands to control with his arms, I would lean towards catch. Does the ball even touch the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It's definitely an edge case, but since in Ramsey's case the ball is apparently knocked from control with his hands to control with his arms, I would lean towards catch. Does the ball even touch the ground?
    I feel as though the nose of the ball is touching the ground. Looking at that GIF and this pic:

I conclude it did touch the ground.

And the flat out evidence:

PROCESSING

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast