Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this Wild Card weekend matchup?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennessee Titans

4 23.53%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

13 76.47%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    KC isn't very good either. They will make it close

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    This game is your last chance to hear Jon Gruden on commentary, if you care.
    Turkey hole!

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I'm a bit surprised to see so many people favoring KC to take this easily, since the Titans seemed to be, at least until their losing streak, one of (if not the main) favorite underdogs in the league.

I very much would have liked going against Jacksonville for a third time, but for all the flaws they have, I feel like Titans can win against every team in the AFC that is not NE or Pittsburgh. Try to take a lead, control the clock and don't get exposed defensively should, in theory, work much better against a KC/Jax type of team. I feel like Arrowhead Stadium is a pretty tough spot for visiting teams to play for, especially in the playoffs, but I wouldn't rule anything out.
    The Titans are talented but poorly coached.

Playoffs is where bad/bland playcalling tends to be exposed the most.

I think the Titans could easily win this game if they let Mariota call the plays, scramble when he wants to, and generally lead the team. But that hasn't been happening all year, so why would it change now?

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Titans are awful and everyone knows it...

But yet here they are I think ppl are sleeping on the Titans Defense big time they been red hot coming in to the playoffs I no one seems to care or even talk about.

I see Titans pulling the upset ...titans Defense playing well plus KC has struggle against running Qbs all year (they lost to the bills at home this year)

Also on a side note Murray being out is actually a good thing the Titans are 10 -0 when Henry gets 20+ touches.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Has them at #21, but at #18 when weighted toward recent games.

That's behind the Browns, Jets, Lions, and Packers on D.

-Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Running the football, and the Chiefs have arguably the worst run defense in the league.
    Their run game isn't exactly dynamic. And they may not even get to establish the run if KC's offense jumps all over the Titans defense early which seems like a good possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Their run game isn't exactly dynamic. And they may not even get to establish the run if KC's offense jumps all over the Titans defense early which seems like a good possibility.
    Is Dick LeBeau too old to be coaching at age 80?

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Is Dick LeBeau too old to be coaching at age 80?
    It's been a while since he's coached an above average defense. It's arguable that the game has passed him by.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    It's been a while since he's coached an above average defense. It's arguable that the game has passed him by.
    I remember that was my argument his last 2 years in Pittsburgh. The response I got most often was “lack of talent”.

Well a lot of this Steelers talent was there in LeBeaus time. That Titans defense has talent. The zone blitz is a scheme that is no longer as strong because of the rules helping offenses. The zone blitz was in its prime before the chucking rules game up because CBS would sit at about 5 yards and hit your WR to allow blitzers/pass rush to get home.

The zone blitz under LeBeau started to die because he didn’t want to press and bail because he wanted to avoid getting beat over the top. Watching a titans game or two shows that’s still the case to my eye.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I remember that was my argument his last 2 years in Pittsburgh. The response I got most often was “lack of talent”.

Well a lot of this Steelers talent was there in LeBeaus time. That Titans defense has talent. The zone blitz is a scheme that is no longer as strong because of the rules helping offenses. The zone blitz was in its prime before the chucking rules game up because CBS would sit at about 5 yards and hit your WR to allow blitzers/pass rush to get home.

The zone blitz under LeBeau started to die because he didn’t want to press and bail because he wanted to avoid getting beat over the top. Watching a titans game or two shows that’s still the case to my eye.
    It works pretty well against some of the less experienced quarterbacks, especially if they're allowed to play with a lead. I remember Rivers picking it apart rather easily last year, and same with Ben this year, though, and McVay did the same with his screen game. I think he can still very much coach, but at this point, it is what it is. It's true, though, that his level of talent in Tennessee has been mediocre at best. Last year he had very arguably the worst secondary to work with, and it's not like his unit is filled with Pro Bowl players this year either. They're top 5 in sacks but average in just about every other important criteria (yards, 1st downs and points per game), but I'm pretty sure that if you were to ask a random Titans fan he's going to tell you this unit has overachieved this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Actually I think they’re very good, much better than their record indicates.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Actually I think they’re very good, much better than their record indicates.
    Same with Tennessee man...they have underperformed all season. Lets not lie about it guys...TN was the pretty much hands down favorite before the season to win their division. Yes, its a weak division but they beat Jacksonville twice and everyone is riding their sack right now. Not much argument there. As awful as they played they still won 9 games and almost won the division. They deserve to be in the playoffs and they have a lot of talent that hasn't performed well, due to poor coaching on the offensive side of the ball. Coaching is definitely a weakness. I completely agree with that but big time players make big time plays in big time games so we will see how it goes. Could they get blown out? Sure. So could KC...their defense isn't anything to be scared of and their strength (running) happens to be the strength of our defense. I will always take a good run defense against a good run offense, doesn't matter what the teams are. Where TN could and may well lose this game is if TN can't cover Kelce and Alex Smith picks them apart. Lots of reasons TN could lose...lots of reasons KC could lose, but I am amazed at the lack of respect for TN.

Here's how I predict the game will actually go (no one knows...just for fun to see how wrong I am later)...
    1. Alex Smith with pick apart the Titans D but will be pressured a lot in the game and will lose a step as the game goes on. KC up at half.
    2. Titans will run well and eat up a lot of clock. Henry will have a big game which will set up play action for Marcus who will not wow anyone with his stats but will make smart plays.
    3. Byard will be on Kelce all day which will contain him as much as you can.
    4. Walker will have a big game.
    5. Game comes down to a winning kick.

I have the Chiefs winning 35-28.

Still going with the Titans in a close one. Mainly because I'm rooting for them. Not having Murray hurts, but don't sleep on Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    How you figure?

Ahhh. Its not football until theres a flag on the first play of the game!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast