Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this Wild Card weekend matchup?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tennessee Titans

4 23.53%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

13 76.47%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I'm a bit surprised to see so many people favoring KC to take this easily, since the Titans seemed to be, at least until their losing streak, one of (if not the main) favorite underdogs in the league.

I very much would have liked going against Jacksonville for a third time, but for all the flaws they have, I feel like Titans can win against every team in the AFC that is not NE or Pittsburgh. Try to take a lead, control the clock and don't get exposed defensively should, in theory, work much better against a KC/Jax type of team. I feel like Arrowhead Stadium is a pretty tough spot for visiting teams to play for, especially in the playoffs, but I wouldn't rule anything out.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I'm a bit surprised to see so many people favoring KC to take this easily, since the Titans seemed to be, at least until their losing streak, one of (if not the main) favorite underdogs in the league.

I very much would have liked going against Jacksonville for a third time, but for all the flaws they have, I feel like Titans can win against every team in the AFC that is not NE or Pittsburgh. Try to take a lead, control the clock and don't get exposed defensively should, in theory, work much better against a KC/Jax type of team. I feel like Arrowhead Stadium is a pretty tough spot for visiting teams to play for, especially in the playoffs, but I wouldn't rule anything out.
    Eh what? What exactly are the strengths of the Titans?

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Being very mediocre

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sure are a lot of you putting faith in a team that dropped 6 out of 7 at one point during the season. I'm going Titans for the upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Sure are a lot of you putting faith in a team that dropped 6 out of 7 at one point during the season. I'm going Titans for the upset.
    Only if the NFL rigs this game so the Pats wonít have to face the Chiefs, which is entirely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Running the football, and the Chiefs have arguably the worst run defense in the league.

Chiefs
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Running the football, and the Chiefs have arguably the worst run defense in the league.
    They won 5 in a row giving up over 100 yards rushing each game. The reason was because they were scoring often and early.

KC's offense has to get going and I believe against TEN it will.

We also don't know how Murray will be even though one can argue Henry's been better anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

KC will win. The Titans need both running backs healthy to keep each other fresh, since Marcus Mariota can't consistently complete passes. I'm guessing that DeMarco Murray won't even play. I would probably be picking the Chiefs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    They're not actually that good at running the football.

They're ranked 15th in rushing. 23rd in total offense. Defensively, they're 17th and allow 22.3 ppg.

The only reason they're in the playoffs, is because they had the easiest schedule in the NFL this year (tied with Jacksonville). Mariota has regressed. So has Demarco Murray.

KC has a habit of playing to their opponents level, but they've really picked it up in the last few weeks. Including a huge win over the Chargers. They should win this game comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    They're not actually that good at running the football.

They're ranked 15th in rushing. 23rd in total offense. Defensively, they're 17th and allow 22.3 ppg.

The only reason they're in the playoffs, is because they had the easiest schedule in the NFL this year (tied with Jacksonville). Mariota has regressed. So has Demarco Murray.

KC has a habit of playing to their opponents level, but they've really picked it up in the last few weeks. Including a huge win over the Chargers. They should win this game comfortably.
    No, it's not a strength in the sense that they have been successful at it this year, but it's still very much a big part of their identity.

You're right in what you're saying, but bottom line is the Titans defense has been solid ever since the Houston game, especially at stopping the run, and the Titans offense never clicked. Might be crazy, but it's not necessarily too late for that. They have only decided to try the no-huddle way late in the year, and it has worked pretty effectively when they went to it (it got to a point where players, such as Matthews, were even calling out coaches to use it more).

Bottom line is, while still the better team and while I would've liked going up against the Jaguars better, I don't think KC is out of reach. I don't necessarily think Alex Smith can pick apart LeBeau's defense the way Ben or Brady would likely do it, and I don't think the Chiefs D is as solid as it's been in recent years. The Titans won their last two trips to Arrowhead, and while it may take an upset to win for a third time, I definitely don't think that's such a crazy thing to imagine.

Just because they run a lot doesnít mean it is a strength. Kareem Hunt has almost as many yards as the duo combined and averaging a full yard more per rush. When you factor that in and Alex Smithís career year I think kcís offense carries them pretty easily. Which feels weird to say

Titans are awful and everyone knows it...

But yet here they are I think ppl are sleeping on the Titans Defense big time they been red hot coming in to the playoffs I no one seems to care or even talk about.

I see Titans pulling the upset ...titans Defense playing well plus KC has struggle against running Qbs all year (they lost to the bills at home this year)

Also on a side note Murray being out is actually a good thing the Titans are 10 -0 when Henry gets 20+ touches.
    Last edited by Blitzbolt; 01-04-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Titans are awful and everyone knows it...

But yet here they are I think ppl are sleeping on the Titans Defense big time they been red hot coming in to the playoffs I no one seems to care or even talk about.

I see Titans pulling the upset ...titans Defense playing well plus KC has struggle against running Qbs all year (they lost to the bills at home this year)

Also on a side note Murray being out is actually a good thing the Titans are 10 -0 when Henry gets 20+ touches.
    I kind of doubt that's the case, as he only got 20+ touches twice this year. There is a belief, however, that the team does better when he sees more action, which for the most part is only true because they tend to leave him out there to run the clock when they want to protect leads or the game gets out of hand.

Just found out Iíll be there, so, go Mariota!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast