Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I don't care what anyone else says TT was a good gm, wasn't great but, was good. He had a talent for finding mid to late round gems in the draft, he signed Charles Woodson and Ryan Pickett and was able to find guys to to plug in play the year the Packers miraculously ran through the playoffs on the way to the super bowl. 8 consecutive playoff appearances, multiple NFC Championship game appearances.

Did he make all the right decisions? no. Can you blame him for everything wrong with the Packers? no, the coaches have to take a lot of the blame. TT brought in the talent but, for some reason the coaches couldn't make them fit in the system.
    That isnt true at all... He had the luxury of picking and starting more guys which meant he would hit on more guys... How many teams picked as much as us and started as many rookies as us yearly? You will hit on 3 guys a year when you draft 11 and 9 make it into your starting unit... That isnt being a good draft guy... that is throwing a ton of crap at the wall with a few sticking... No other GM could get away with doing this and stay as long as he did without a guy like Rodgers constantly carrying the load and covering up for the lack of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Look at his draft history and tell me which gms could do better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See my recent post... Any GM that had a top QB and only ever built through the draft.

HE IS GONE... **** YEA BABY... I am so ****ing happy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    That isnt true at all... He had the luxury of picking and starting more guys which meant he would hit on more guys... How many teams picked as much as us and started as many rookies as us yearly? You will hit on 3 guys a year when you draft 11 and 9 make it into your starting unit... That isnt being a good draft guy... that is throwing a ton of crap at the wall with a few sticking... No other GM could get away with doing this and stay as long as he did without a guy like Rodgers constantly carrying the load and covering up for the lack of talent.
    The best teams always end up having a lot of picks from year in and out. That's actually what some people think is a strategy, because you increase the odds of hitting on a successful player with more picks.

lucking into HOF QBs doesn't make for a great GM.....and certainly totally ignoring the FA market doesn't
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    lucking into HOF QBs doesn't make for a great GM.....and certainly totally ignoring the FA market doesn't
    Is this my dupe? Because i ****ing love you.

As a Bears fan, I'm obviously not an expert on phenomenal GM's (lol), but I've never feared TT as a GM. Outside of Rodgers, I'm just not impressed.

Good move for GB. Seeing how the entire team went to **** when Rodgers went down should be proof enough that he's done a bad job getting talent. Rodgers just made up for his incompetence.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Maybe now they wont surround Rodgers with a bunch of scrubs and hike the ball every play with 1 sec on the playclock.

Good riddance.

No... No he wasnt but keep drinking the Kool aid...Not hard to GM when you have Rodgers and live by the draft.... He had no nuts outside of drafting rodgers.. He took no risks unless he bent a player or a team over... He never hit on first round picks outside of rodgers either and the insane weapons people speak of when they leave this team become **** or when rodgers goes down become ****... A trained monkey could have GM the packers.
    They weren't all misses. Harrell, Sherrod, and Jones were awful first round picks but other than that I'm not real disappointed with his early picks. Clay Matthews, Bulaga, Nick Perry, HaHa, and Kenny Clark are all good players picked at the end of the 1st round. BJ Raji wasn't a great player but he had a few good years and had a big impact on our Super Bowl winning squad. I know King isn't technically a 1st rounder but I see a ton of potential in the kid.

Don't get me wrong, he definitely had his flaws and bad picks..but it wasn't all bad.

I'm sure many GM's could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I don't care what anyone else says TT was a good gm, wasn't great but, was good. He had a talent for finding mid to late round gems in the draft, he signed Charles Woodson and Ryan Pickett and was able to find guys to to plug in play the year the Packers miraculously ran through the playoffs on the way to the super bowl. 8 consecutive playoff appearances, multiple NFC Championship game appearances.

Did he make all the right decisions? no. Can you blame him for everything wrong with the Packers? no, the coaches have to take a lot of the blame. TT brought in the talent but, for some reason the coaches couldn't make them fit in the system.
    This is pretty much exactly where I am with TT. I think he did an alright job during his time in GB. With that said I'm not overly upset to see him go, its time to have some new blood brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Maybe now they wont surround Rodgers with a bunch of scrubs and hike the ball every play with 1 sec on the playclock.
    They should just let me GM... Id have done this 2 years after our superbowl win.... Its always fun to see the arguments for how loaded the packers weapons were until Rodgers goes down or said weapons go to other teams and **** the bed

What a great ****ing day

TT did a great job turning around the mess that Sherman left us financially. He did a very good job holding the fort together in a transition from the Brett Favre era and the Aaron Rodgers pick will go down as all time. But at this point he needed to move on. The team has been plummeting in talent and Aaron needs some help. Been a lot of misses between the draft and FA.

Hopefully the new GM pulls out the check book that has been hiding for several seasons.

Is this my dupe? Because i ****ing love you.
    Pretty sure Wade03 is.

Hopefully in his new role he'll still help with scouting. He's excellent with scouting WRs and is good with under the radar schools/players.

This move was long coming, but I don't think the plan was for it to be this season. Losing Rodgers and falling apart like we did though was a perfect impetus to just go through with it now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12