Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DW3421 View Post
    Absolutely not! If this team finishes 4th, there is no way that they are swept, but that's not to say that OKC, who'll probably be 5th (if we're 4th) couldn't beat us. I think it is pretty rare though, that a home team is swept in the NBA playoffs!
    Okay. So maybe not "swept"...

but being the 4th seed in no way guarantees making it out of the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post

Agreed, especially when you will probably be taking on Westy!

This guy. Count your blessing your seeing the playoffs finally after 15 years damn. You are being that guy just to let you know, and there is no reason for it. The best is still obviously yet to come. Plenty of room to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    This guy. Count your blessing your seeing the playoffs finally after 15 years damn. You are being that guy just to let you know, and there is no reason for it. The best is still obviously yet to come. Plenty of room to get better.
    Just because there is plenty of room to get better doesn't mean that this team will. Being optimistic is great, but we also have to be realistic. This team just lost to a Nets team minus D'Angelo Russell while shooting something like 1-10 from 3pt range.

Wiggins stats are down across the board (including per minute and percentage) so I would caution counting on him improving the team from within. Towns offensively is efficient and effective but will need to find himself on defense eventually. Butler already is playing out of his mind to the point of him being the difference in most games. The supporting cast is a trio of veterans who are only going to get older at this point. That is reality.

Just because there is plenty of room to get better doesn't mean that this team will. Being optimistic is great, but we also have to be realistic. This team just lost to a Nets team minus D'Angelo Russell while shooting something like 1-10 from 3pt range.

Wiggins stats are down across the board (including per minute and percentage) so I would caution counting on him improving the team from within. Towns offensively is efficient and effective but will need to find himself on defense eventually. Butler already is playing out of his mind to the point of him being the difference in most games. The supporting cast is a trio of veterans who are only going to get older at this point. That is reality.
    1-10 from 3 and barely lost as dimwitty was hitting some crazy shots and lucky rolls. We fought and lost a close one. Fine with it. If we go 2-10 from 3 we win. I guarantee we will improve in our 3 point making.

1-10 from 3 and barely lost as dimwitty was hitting some crazy shots and lucky rolls. We fought and lost a close one. Fine with it. If we go 2-10 from 3 we win. I guarantee we will improve in our 3 point making.
    1. When?

&

2. It's not just "makes" but also "takes". This team is one of the very lowest volume 3pt shooting teams. That is symptomatic of a larger problem. Having the worst opponent field goal percentage in the league (47.9%) is symptomatic of a larger problem.

1. When?

&

2. It's not just "makes" but also "takes". This team is one of the very lowest volume 3pt shooting teams. That is symptomatic of a larger problem. Having the worst opponent field goal percentage in the league (47.9%) is symptomatic of a larger problem.
    When? Every game we play. We arenít going 1-10 again anytime soon. No team shoots 10% from 3.

When? Every game we play. We arenít going 1-10 again anytime soon. No team shoots 10% from 3.
    I did not say that this team shoots 10% from 3. I said that it was "symptomatic" of a larger problem. That larger problem being that the Wolves are bottom 6 in percentage across the league (Toronto is also there along with a number of losing teams) and are 3rd to last in attempts.

If you simply mean that the Wolves will not have another 1-10 night from 3, you are missing the point. Mere probability and chance is not real "improvement".

I did not say that this team shoots 10% from 3. I said that it was "symptomatic" of a larger problem. That larger problem being that the Wolves are bottom 6 in percentage across the league (Toronto is also there along with a number of losing teams) and are 3rd to last in attempts.

If you simply mean that the Wolves will not have another 1-10 night from 3, you are missing the point. Mere probability and chance is not real "improvement".
    This convo doesn't happen if they don't do something they will never do again...and that is go 1-10. Bad shooting and wins doesn't allow for this convo to take place. The worst shooting night ever and a loss is the only reason we are doing this, thus it's nothing.

This convo doesn't happen if they don't do something they will never do again...and that is go 1-10. Bad shooting and wins doesn't allow for this convo to take place. The worst shooting night ever and a loss is the only reason we are doing this, thus it's nothing.
    1. That was not "the worst shooting night ever".
    2. I and many others more qualified to do so have mentioned what a poor 3pt shooting team the Wolves are and why that is an issue.

1. That was not "the worst shooting night ever".
    2. I and many others more qualified to do so have mentioned what a poor 3pt shooting team the Wolves are and why that is an issue.
    Still, without this outlier game, this convo doesnít happen, and based on everything since, didnít need to happen.

While you need the 3 to win, it is extremely overrated. The only team that can really shoot you out of a game is Golden State, no other team in the league can shoot the 3 like them. Every other team in the league can't shoot that high of a percentage shooting 30 3s a game.

And it's not like the Wolves are horrible at 3s, they take 7 less threes than GSW, and make 3 less a game than them.

If you look 2-10 in the league in terms of percentages,

2) Indiana - Borderline playoff team in the east
    3) Detroit - Borderline playoff team in the east
    4) Sacramento - 13 win team, last place in the west
    5) Atlanta - 11 win team, last place in the east
    6) Pelicans - 6th seed in the west
    7) Cavs - 3rd place in the east
    8) Blazers - barely a 500 team at this point, and the Wolves smoked him by 20 last night
    9) Wizards - 5th seed in the east
    10) Spurs - Neck n neck with the Wolves

From 2-10, I would consider Cavs, Wizards, and Spurs the only good teams from that list from the entire league. And the Wolves aren't that far off percentage wise from the Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    While you need the 3 to win, it is extremely overrated. The only team that can really shoot you out of a game is Golden State, no other team in the league can shoot the 3 like them. Every other team in the league can't shoot that high of a percentage shooting 30 3s a game.

And it's not like the Wolves are horrible at 3s, they take 7 less threes than GSW, and make 3 less a game than them.

If you look 2-10 in the league in terms of percentages,

2) Indiana - Borderline playoff team in the east
    3) Detroit - Borderline playoff team in the east
    4) Sacramento - 13 win team, last place in the west
    5) Atlanta - 11 win team, last place in the east
    6) Pelicans - 6th seed in the west
    7) Cavs - 3rd place in the east
    8) Blazers - barely a 500 team at this point, and the Wolves smoked him by 20 last night
    9) Wizards - 5th seed in the east
    10) Spurs - Neck n neck with the Wolves

From 2-10, I would consider Cavs, Wizards, and Spurs the only good teams from that list from the entire league. And the Wolves aren't that far off percentage wise from the Spurs.
    Exactly! Without a horrible night, nobody even mentions it. T wolves fans just automatically default to dispair

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12