Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I would agree. I think it’s unwise to turn absolutely everything over at once. And one of mikes alleged gripes with ted was his unwillingness to participate in free agency. It’ll be interesting to see how the new gm navigates things.
    if AR gets a new deal this this contract year 2017 or before 2018 starts how much money will GB have for FA's?

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    if AR gets a new deal this this contract year 2017 or before 2018 starts how much money will GB have for FA's?
    I believe around $13-18 mil assuming he gets around $30-35 mil but keep in mind Burnett, House, Evans, and Richard Rodgers are potentially resigned.

Other than Evans no thanks on any of em.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    My only question is how did MM go unscathed so far? I mean he still could be let go but so far he's been the only one you haven't heard anything about. Maybe they are just waiting till we hire the new GM? But the fact Hundley looked like dog **** even though he's had him for 3 years is pretty telling imo. So far they're saying the want a new voice at DC and GM but not HC? Seems a little weird.
    My thing with Mike is that I don't think you are going to find a better coach this year. There are already more HC openings than there are quality candidates. If MM got fired, he would be at the top of every team's list.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    You would be crazy to not want Burnett back. He is the best defensive back on the team. He has had some injuries lately but for the right price I hope he is back.

My only question is how did MM go unscathed so far? I mean he still could be let go but so far he's been the only one you haven't heard anything about. Maybe they are just waiting till we hire the new GM? But the fact Hundley looked like dog **** even though he's had him for 3 years is pretty telling imo. So far they're saying the want a new voice at DC and GM but not HC? Seems a little weird.
    Perhaps TT was too loyal to part ways with MM. perhaps the new hire at GM will part ways with him. I sure as **** hope so!

Go packers!

Clean the slate. Bury the hatchet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering it is very likely the GM spot comes from within, don't expect Mike going anywhere this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    My thing with Mike is that I don't think you are going to find a better coach this year. There are already more HC openings than there are quality candidates. If MM got fired, he would be at the top of every team's list.

You would be crazy to not want Burnett back. He is the best defensive back on the team. He has had some injuries lately but for the right price I hope he is back.
    We have Aaron Rodgers under center. We would not have a hard time finding a top notch coach. Maybe call up Jim Harbaugh that would be my dream. Either way, it wouldn't be hard to find a replacement. MM is Rodgers made.

We have Aaron Rodgers under center. We would not have a hard time finding a top notch coach. Maybe call up Jim Harbaugh that would be my dream. Either way, it wouldn't be hard to find a replacement. MM is Rodgers made.
    LULZ. Jim Harbaugh isn't leaving that payday in Michigan for head coach of the Green Bay Packers.

Time to come full circle and fire MM as well. When Packers miss playoffs its time to purge the front office entirely.

Jim harbaugh can’t beat Ohio State or Michigan State. He had a good run in San Fran, but I don’t get the love for him. His crap gets old after a while too. That’s not the coach we need.

Just said it was MY dream. The guy tore it up in San Francisco and got let go for dumb reasons and now look where the 49ers are after he left.

My main point to my post is that it would not be hard to find a top notch coach considering we have the best QB in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Jim harbaugh can’t beat Ohio State or Michigan State. He had a good run in San Fran, but I don’t get the love for him. His crap gets old after a while too. That’s not the coach we need.
    It's silly to use his college resume as a knock on him. He wasn't amazing at Stanford either but he goes to the 49ers and takes them to the SB within his first few years. Maybe his act does get tiresome but I think it is worth a shot.

Michigan is young with a lot of talent. I expect them to turn a corner. But Harbaugh isn't leaving Michigan and that pay for a mere head coaching job in the NFL. Especially one in our market.

About the only coach I would be interested in that we would maybe be capable of luring in would be Josh McDaniels. I think he would be the best guy to start getting the best out of some of our hidden talents in Montegomery and Davis. And I also think his quick hitting offense would help Aaron Rodgers injury woes.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post

Yeah there is not reason not to bring back Burnett, and I would question if they bring back Evans due to his age, if he does come back obviously it will be a short term pact. The Packers have seen enough talent in the secondary walk away and go on to success IE Hayward and Hyde. They can not let Burnett walk.

As for McCarthy I agree he will be employed quickly, and there is not a better option available.

I will reiterate my point again, firing McCarthy makes ZERO sense. You don't implode a team after making the playoffs 8 straight seasons. The only realy knock on McCarthy that you can pin point on him was that he kept Capers too long. This was a team with very little depth and clearly relied on Aaron Rodgers. You don't fire a coach who has success with a franchise QB because said franchise QB was hurt. Despite the many knocks people have for Hundley he performed like a back up QB and kept them in relative contention for a while.

Again, who are you going to hire? McDaniel not only runs a system which is contrary to what is in place and if you wonder why I say this look back at previous comment, but he's been a failed head coach he was 11-17, but if people are going to knock McCarthy for relying on Rodgers success, then the same needs to be said about McDaniels who's only success has been with Tom Brady and under the leadership of elite coaches Bill Belichick (NE) and Nick Saban (Mich St.).

They would need to find a coach which runs a West Coast or modified West Coast, and while many teams run either a west coast or modified west coast, how many are better than McCarthy? There is no need to implode the coaching staff when this team is a couple tweaks away from contending again. Again where are we going to go? Harbaugh and hope you can buy him away from Michigan? Joing the Gruden circus?

Thompson's move was likely more because of not wanting to front office talent, and a bit of change of direction. Capers was a move that was overdue. The two biggest issues for this team were lack of depth behind for the most part quality starters and the defense. Both essentially are addressed by these moves. I have said it many times, if things don't change under the new DC and the new GM wants their guy then next season move on.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 01-02-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast