Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    8 million is what they save
    #BringBackMatty

Wow. Well I think that might be the end of my Cowboys fandom. That's ridiculous.

I mean it's super ****** of them to wait until now to cut him. It makes no sense and it limits the options that he has in terms of places to go. All in all, very dumb, and it's not usually how Jerry Jones operates. Treating a player like **** is not his MO.

Sorry but Dallas is better off without Dez on this team. Sorry Dez you were good once but age didn't treat you well.

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    8 million is what they save
    NO they will save 12.5 against the CAP. That's what matters, not how much the team is out of pocket. For all intents and purposes (cap) they save 12.5 million. This is true for post June 1st cut designation

My second edit of this post. I have now heard it is a cut immediately so the cap savings will be 8.5 million and not the 12.5 I stated above if they waited until June 1st. They can spend the 8.5 immediately where they would have had to wait to spend the 12.5 on June 2nd.
    Last edited by zookman65; 04-13-2018 at 03:34 PM.

I read that the possible reason why we waited so long to do this is because of the struggle between Jerry and the rest of the organization. Jerry didnít want to let him go but everyone else wanted him gone. Finally everyone else convinced Jerry to let him go.

Iím feeling really mixed on the whole thing. I will miss him, but at the same time he made things difficult on the offense by always needing to get so many passes just so he would be happy and not cause a big distraction to the team. Iíve found that Dak tends to play better when he can just throw to the open guy than just focusing on getting one guy the ball. Linehan better have a better offensive game plan this year, cuz teams are going to stack the box and force us to pass.
    [/CENTER]

Sad day...
    I would not of cut him. I would of given him one more year. The cowboys will miss his passion and his redzone offence.
    Its not a total disaster. He was diminishing and our offence was becoming a little vanilla and predictable. Maybe the change will help spark some ingenuity.
    Maybe we can get Earl Thomas with the savings and the extra draft picks. ( I'm dreaming )

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I mean it's super ****** of them to wait until now to cut him. It makes no sense and it limits the options that he has in terms of places to go. All in all, very dumb, and it's not usually how Jerry Jones operates. Treating a player like **** is not his MO.

seems this has more to do with non existent race issues on dallas end, as in you want this to be a race thing. maybe you made it a race thing. i've said all along this was likely his last year. i have no inside info but its just common sense he wasnt worth his salary and this is a what have you done for me lately league not what you did for us 4 years ago league.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    seems this has more to do with non existent race issues on dallas end, as in you want this to be a race thing. maybe you made it a race thing. i've said all along this was likely his last year. i have no inside info but its just common sense he wasnt worth his salary and this is a what have you done for me lately league not what you did for us 4 years ago league.
    Huh? A race thing? You're crazy lol.

dez's comments after his release say all we need to know about what he was here at this point in his career. sorry but if you need to be cut to get a fire under your ***? the 16.5 million doesnt do it then you dont need to be here. all the players, the captains made this move happen. get real you ego maniac. i liked you, me having you gone was business but you've really threw yourself under the bridge dez

That's why players should get as much as they can. There's no loyalty in this business. NFL contracts don't mean anything because they are not as guaranteed as the NBA. I didn't like Dez's production, but I don't think they treated him very well. Now, I am wondering who Dak is going to throw to. Hurns and Twill..

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Yea thatís the ****ed hp part is they really hurt his market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    I read that the possible reason why we waited so long to do this is because of the struggle between Jerry and the rest of the organization. Jerry didnít want to let him go but everyone else wanted him gone. Finally everyone else convinced Jerry to let him go.

Iím feeling really mixed on the whole thing. I will miss him, but at the same time he made things difficult on the offense by always needing to get so many passes just so he would be happy and not cause a big distraction to the team. Iíve found that Dak tends to play better when he can just throw to the open guy than just focusing on getting one guy the ball. Linehan better have a better offensive game plan this year, cuz teams are going to stack the box and force us to pass.
    Sadly he just never had a good rapport with Dez. He was so much better in targeting other receivers. And last year itís not like it was even coverage related. Sad to see him go though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Totally agree with Rocket above that players should take whatever they can get. Never fails to amaze me how many common folk on these boards fancy themselves as being sympathetic to the "plight" of the poor owners. There seems to be a trend finally for bigger percentages of contracts being fully guaranteed especially amongst QBs as evidenced by Cousins and Garapolo deals. The business side definitely sucks. Having said that there is a chance this lifts a weight off the Cowboys in terms of bringing some change to the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Totally agree with Rocket above that players should take whatever they can get. Never fails to amaze me how many common folk on these boards fancy themselves as being sympathetic to the "plight" of the poor owners. There seems to be a trend finally for bigger percentages of contracts being fully guaranteed especially amongst QBs as evidenced by Cousins and Garapolo deals. The business side definitely sucks. Having said that there is a chance this lifts a weight off the Cowboys in terms of bringing some change to the offense.
    They pay cheerleaders minnimum wage and those huge player contracts they cut as soon as the player is past their prime, so they hold all the cards. The NBA players union is definitely much stronger than the NFL players union. My next question is now, who is Dak going to throw to. Even with Dez, that receiving core didn't do that well last year and the NFC is stacked. Dak is still a young QB. You see young QBs like Goff getting a lot of support from their coach and GM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast