Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    The Cowboys just traded for Tavon Austin from the Rams. Witten plans to retire according to some reports. Discuss.
    dont tell me what to do

cowboys trade switzer for 2016 2nd rounder Ward from raiders

The Cowboys just traded for Tavon Austin from the Rams. Witten plans to retire according to some reports. Discuss.
    Apparently they will move Austin to RB and he will fill the role that Dunbar had. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Apparently they will move Austin to RB and he will fill the role that Dunbar had. Should be interesting.
    I am just afraid he'll get banged up if he plays running back too much...that's a super violent position with the strongest guys trying to knock your head off. But, I love that we finally have a guy there with speed. He's explosive so if they can figure out a way to get him the ball. I hate losing Switzer though. He was just starting to come into his own as a punt returner.

Switzer became an unnecessary commodity after the Austin acquisition as the return abilities of Austin out weigh those of Switzer. Also I don't think Beasley is going anywhere now that Dez is gone. So Switzer became repetitive.

I like the Ward acquisition. He seems like a good rotational player and adds depth to the DL. The only trade that should have happened and still may happen is the Thomas deal with Seattle. Acquiring him would definitely improve our D between he and the draft picks we made.

Looking forward to see how this plays out. If it doesn't happen, I can see the Cowboys bringing in another vet safety along with another vet TE if Witten retires. Here's hoping anyways.

I still think they need to spend that Dez cap space they saved. There is no way they can make it about how Dez cost to much just to keep that money and not spend it on other players. They need to improve the team. I think that means signing Hankins and Vaccaro or Reid. We need a run stuffing DT (Hankins) and a vet safety (Vaccaro or Reid). We can play Woods at FS and Vaccaro or Reid at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I still think they need to spend that Dez cap space they saved. There is no way they can make it about how Dez cost to much just to keep that money and not spend it on other players. They need to improve the team. I think that means signing Hankins and Vaccaro or Reid. We need a run stuffing DT (Hankins) and a vet safety (Vaccaro or Reid). We can play Woods at FS and Vaccaro or Reid at SS.
    We will see. I am in agreement with everything you said. But depending on what Witten does, we may have even more salary to spend. If it becomes evident that the Seahawks and Cowboys cannot agree on a Thomas deal they should sign one of Reid or Vaccaro. As for the run stuffing DT, Hankins may be a fit. But the Ward pickup may have deterred that move.

They may need to sign a TE on a one year deal like Celek formerly of the Eagles. He's more of a catching TE that will replace Witten. Here's hoping Witten sticks it out another year while we mix in some Gathers to see what we have in him. He could be the X factor in all of this.

I am just afraid he'll get banged up if he plays running back too much...that's a super violent position with the strongest guys trying to knock your head off. But, I love that we finally have a guy there with speed. He's explosive so if they can figure out a way to get him the ball. I hate losing Switzer though. He was just starting to come into his own as a punt returner.
    He won’t be running between the tackles or anything like that. At least I hope not. Although with Red and Linehan you never know. From my understanding he will be used primary as a pass catcher out of the backfield, on change of direction plays like sweeps and in the return game.

I heard today that Terrell McClain is available again. He might be a good cheap option at the 1-tech position as a stop gap until next off season.

I heard today that Terrell McClain is available again. He might be a good cheap option at the 1-tech position as a stop gap until next off season.
    Yeah I'd be OK with him again too, but I am not sure if we should bring him back after he left us to go to Washington of all teams... lol

Yeah I'd be OK with him again too, but I am not sure if we should bring him back after he left us to go to Washington of all teams... lol
    At the end of the day he only left for Washington because we didn't have the cap space to re-sign him or he would have stayed. Loved his time in Dallas and probably would come back if we offered him a deal. Would be a great rotational pickup.

After watching All or Nothing on Amazon it is very clear that Dez Bryant was an insufferable baby of the highest order. Watch episode 1 where he throws a tantrum because the receiver coach tells them in film study to be aware that Denver had one of the best defenses in the league. The coach finally says "tell me how you want me to say it Dez"

What an F'n baby.

Good riddance Dez

not 2018 but Donte Fowler Jr wont have his option picked up after the year. screams like a dallas free agent signing.

He won’t be running between the tackles or anything like that. At least I hope not. Although with Red and Linehan you never know. From my understanding he will be used primary as a pass catcher out of the backfield, on change of direction plays like sweeps and in the return game.
    They might run him just to keep teams honest....because some teams know that if a certain player is in there, it's a pass or a run just because of that player's skill set. I love having a guy with speed though. We really didn't scare anyone with speed the past few years. If Tavon can somehow be a better route runner.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    After watching All or Nothing on Amazon it is very clear that Dez Bryant was an insufferable baby of the highest order. Watch episode 1 where he throws a tantrum because the receiver coach tells them in film study to be aware that Denver had one of the best defenses in the league. The coach finally says "tell me how you want me to say it Dez"

What an F'n baby.

Good riddance Dez
    Dez is an emotional player for sure. He gets along with his teammates, but he lets his emotions get to him on the field sometimes... and with Dak being a young QB, it can be distracting for Dak to have to deal with that, while also worrying about that 300 pound guy coming to smash his face in. I feel sad for Dez that, that's how his story ended here. I know in his heart he was a diehard Cowboy, but his flaws kind of caught up to him. Dez needs to go to a team where a QB throws him open...or he plays more in the middle of the field where he can use his size. He doesn't really have the speed to get that much separation....

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast