Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Coordinator/assistant coach firing thread

Use this thread to track and discuss all coordinator and assistant coach firing.

First, Dom Capers is out as Packers DC, probably a couple years behind when he should've been let go- http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...tor-dom-capers

Thank god Capers is gone. Long overdue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be lots of movement on the Cowboy coaching staff. But contracts are expiring so they won't be firing. Wade Wilson has probably seen his last day as QB coach. And there's talks about Todd Haley may replace Linnehan. That 1 would be a firing . I hope it happens I never liked him.

Marinelli will probably return. It didn't look good for a while but they finished right on the edge of a top 10 defense. I think coming into yester they were 11th run and 11th pass. I wanted him gone mid season but the job he did with a young unproven group should get him another year.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Should be lots of movement on the Cowboy coaching staff. But contracts are expiring so they won't be firing. Wade Wilson has probably seen his last day as QB coach. And there's talks about Todd Haley may replace Linnehan. That 1 would be a firing . I hope it happens I never liked him.

Marinelli will probably return. It didn't look good for a while but they finished right on the edge of a top 10 defense. I think coming into yester they were 11th run and 11th pass. I wanted him gone mid season but the job he did with a young unproven group should get him another year.
    I do not want Haley in Dallas. Id honestly rather keep Linehan if hes the replacement. Why not talk to a guy like Caldwell to see if hed be interested in the job.

And with the firing of Capers do not be shocked if they actually do let Marinelli go. They tried to bring Capers in before he got the Green Bay job but I believe it was Todd Bowles and Wade that balked at that idea.

Wade Wilson is finally leaving!!!

Dean Peas has retired as Ravens DC

Broncos have fired:

ST Coordinator Brock Olivo
    Asst HC/RB coach Eric Studesville
    WR coach Tyke Tolbert
    OLB coach Fred Pagac
    OL coach Jeff Davidson
    Asst DB coach Johnnie Lynn

Retain:

HC Vance Joseph
    OC Bill Musgrave
    DC Joe Woods

Probably won't help unless Elway finally manages to find a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Broncos have fired:

ST Coordinator Brock Olivo
    Asst HC/RB coach Eric Studesville
    WR coach Tyke Tolbert
    OLB coach Fred Pagac
    OL coach Jeff Davidson
    Asst DB coach Johnnie Lynn

Retain:

HC Vance Joseph
    OC Bill Musgrave
    DC Joe Woods

Probably won't help unless Elway finally manages to find a QB.
    At his press conference yesterday, Elway really made it sound like we're going to be drafting a QB.

LOL @ Vrabel getting interviews for a HC position. Let the guy earn his stripes first. His pass defense with Houston has been one of the worst, and they are also the worst scoring defense. I mean just because you played under Belichek doesn't automatically qualify you to be a HC. At least co-ordinate/coach a top defense or even close to top first before teams should come knocking.

Yeah he did lose two studs in the front seven, but that isn't reason enough to catapult the guy to a HC.

Ravens retaining Marty Morhinwig as OC

Dowell Loggains was hired as the new Dolphins OC, with the current OC, Clyde Christensen, being moved to another role on the coaching staff.

Packers have fired their OC, Edgar Bennett, and will not renew Alex Van Pelt's contract as QB coach.

Looks like the Texans are searching for a temporary GM position while Rick Smith takes a leave of absence.

Seems kinda pointless to bring in someone external. IMO they should just select people internally to take over the position while Smith is absent. Make it a woman to generate some news.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Looks like the Texans are searching for a temporary GM position while Rick Smith takes a leave of absence.

Seems kinda pointless to bring in someone external. IMO they should just select people internally to take over the position while Smith is absent. Make it a woman to generate some news.
    A black women would be nice for press (especially after that jail house comment). Condeleezza Rice FTW. She claims to know her footbal. They don't have a pick in the first two rounds. Give her a few swings with the draft (if Smith isn't back by then) which is a crapshoot for most teams anyway.

Panthers are firing OC Mike Shula.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Panthers are firing OC Mike Shula.
    Take Haley.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Take Haley.
    I'd be cool with that. There's credible rumors that we're getting Norv Turner, which I'm not too thrilled with. I was hoping to get a young OC who could creatively create separation with his scheme and will utilize the short stuff, not Turner's hold the ball for 20 seconds and go deep offense.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast