Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Broncos would have 41 million just with letting go of Talib and CJ, which seems highly probable. And then you got guys like DT, Sanders and Watson who will probably be cut or restructured. We donít have Browns $, but they can certainly swing it.

Who replaces thomas and Sanders? Lol

Cousins gonna go somewhere where the top two pass catchers are no longer there.

sanders is likely gone. as is talib and cj
    The Denver Broncos are on the Clock...
    WHO DO YOU CHOOSE?:
    Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Thomas isnít going anywhere. You people who think that are going to be disappointed

Iíd guess and hope heíll restructure. I think itís more likely heís cut than coming back at the current contract though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    Iíd guess and hope heíll restructure. I think itís more likely heís cut than coming back at the current contract though.
    I don't think so. I think he's pretty safe actually. If we get Cousins, we need him as a receiver for Cousins to throw to. If we draft a rookie, we need that vet receiver to help the rookie.

Either way you slice it, DT is important to this team.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I don't think so. I think he's pretty safe actually. If we get Cousins, we need him as a receiver for Cousins to throw to. If we draft a rookie, we need that vet receiver to help the rookie.

Either way you slice it, DT is important to this team.
    Iím an admitted DT apologist, but given Elwayís history of asking for restructures on underperforming play and the 12 mill cap hit, Iíd have to think something happens to free up $.

I do agree with his importance and I think the washed up narrative is exaggerated though.

Idk how Thomas could be washed up when he's had pppr QB play the last 3 year's or so and still is respected as one of the best in the game.... But yet some BRONCOS fan's want too dump him..... And dump Thomas..... And sign cousin's who would have an even more pathetic offense to deal with than what we've had.

I don't disagree with what you've said about DT. He's probably lost a step, but he's a physical freak. The drops for some dilute the fact that he's posted 5, nearly 6 1,000 yard seasons in a row. The same fans who killed Manning in 14/15 and cheered him after the SB victory are probably the same ones hating DT now And like you said, the last two years hindered production with piss poor QB play. He's the best WR in Broncos history and that's no knock on guys like Jackson, Johnson or Smith. MG is right though. DT is pretty low on the list on the chopping block. I still bet there's a restructure/

I don't disagree with what you've said about DT. He's probably lost a step, but he's a physical freak. The drops for some dilute the fact that he's posted 5, nearly 6 1,000 yard seasons in a row. The same fans who killed Manning in 14/15 and cheered him after the SB victory are probably the same ones hating DT now And like you said, the last two years hindered production with piss poor QB play. He's the best WR in Broncos history and that's no knock on guys like Jackson, Johnson or Smith. MG is right though. DT is pretty low on the list on the chopping block. I still bet there's a restructure/
    I'd take Sharpe over all of those guys, including DT. I know he was a TE but he was a TE body playing WR. While I'm thinking about it, I'd probably take Eddie and Smith over DT. Actually, I'd definitely take them over DT.

DT is as good as it gets when he's motivated. The problem lately is that he doesn't seem to be motivated.

Eddie, Smith, Sharpe left everything on the field. Do or die. I just don't get that vibe from DT. And it's kinda sad, because the guy has the tools. I just don't think he has the smarts.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I'd take Sharpe over all of those guys, including DT. I know he was a TE but he was a TE body playing WR. While I'm thinking about it, I'd probably take Eddie and Smith over DT. Actually, I'd definitely take them over DT.

DT is as good as it gets when he's motivated. The problem lately is that he doesn't seem to be motivated.

Eddie, Smith, Sharpe left everything on the field. Do or die. I just don't get that vibe from DT. And it's kinda sad, because the guy has the tools. I just don't think he has the smarts.
    Sharpe's my favorite Broncos player of all time. He's a trailblazer for what the TE position is. I'd love to see what he'd do in the NFL now. Without Winslow, maybe there's no Sharpe. Without Sharpe, there's no Gonzalez or Gronk. As a WR, I'll take DT though.

I think Smith has a strong argument, but I'd still take DT. Smith is a boss, but he struggled early on But he became a beast. Loved Eddie Mac. Who didn't? He's not with Vance Johnson or Mark Jackson though, let alone Smith.

I disagree with the want/motivation from DT though. Reserved by default. Sure. Injury prone. Definitely. Last year he played through a hip injury from week 1. Could barely practice each week. Every Wednesday I'd hear how he was limping around. Every Sunday he played. Riddled by injuries all this year too, but played. Guy is a warrior.

Yeah I'll bet there's a restructure with DT. I think it will be like last time he did it. He won't lose any money, he'll just get it differently.

Sharpe's my favorite Broncos player of all time. He's a trailblazer for what the TE position is. I'd love to see what he'd do in the NFL now. Without Winslow, maybe there's no Sharpe. Without Sharpe, there's no Gonzalez or Gronk. As a WR, I'll take DT though.

I think Smith has a strong argument, but I'd still take DT. Smith is a boss, but he struggled early on But he became a beast. Loved Eddie Mac. Who didn't? He's not with Vance Johnson or Mark Jackson though, let alone Smith.

I disagree with the want/motivation from DT though. Reserved by default. Sure. Injury prone. Definitely. Last year he played through a hip injury from week 1. Could barely practice each week. Every Wednesday I'd hear how he was limping around. Every Sunday he played. Riddled by injuries all this year too, but played. Guy is a warrior.
    DT is a stud. The people who hate DT are the ones that loved Siemian... They wanted to believe that the issue was DT instead of a QB with no concept of ball placement. I'm pretty sure Siemian didn't throw a TD to DT all year. If so, it wasn't very many. I know that DT didn't catch his first TD pass this year until we played the Eagles, and Brock started that game... That snapped a streak of 13 games without a TD catch for DT.

I know his drops are frustrating, but he also makes some catches that are jaw dropping. I don't think he's not motivated though...I just don't think he's a perfect mold to be a leader. At least not the vocal leader that the offense desperately needs. That's why I think it's crucial to get either Cousins or Mayfield. The offense (And DT in particular) needs someone to vocalize what needs to be done. That's why Thomas is going down as one of the best receivers Manning ever played with. Some guys respond better to that type of environment, and Thomas is one of them.

DT just doesn't have that killer instinct. Physical specimen. Everything you want in for an S-Class WR. Just lets himself get taken out of games by dudes that are twice as small as him.

I also don't like the idea of investing big on a player who's production is completely dependent on another position player. And lets be honest..PFM made and molded Bay-Bay who he is today. No surprise that when you combine a bonifide HOF QB with a raw but elite talent WR...you're going to get big time production.

Now this is just absurd lol. Mccafrey and Smith over DT is about as ridiculous as it gets. DT numbers supersedes both of them are you kidding me? The DT hate is so unreal that it makes you people look sad.....

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast