Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Fair shake? No. A fair shake would be giving him an offensive coordinator that is all in on him. A head coach would have been nice too. Even Goff who every one said was terrible and a bust and wasn't ready was just thrown in for 7 games for the hell of it.

Paxton has had 5 games in 2 years. 4 offensive coordinators if you count rick Dennison and kubiak and not even counting a report of Joe decamillis calling plays too. 2 head coaches who don't believe in him and then on top of that this year he got Injured twice.

And then the whole idea that lynch is lazy and isn't buying into being THE GUY have been suspect. The 1st report came out from some idiot in Dallas spouting out BS and pumping up Dak and klis and allbright both said that report was bogus. The 2nd report came after a 1 practice and Mark schlereth(The guy who slobbed all over siemian and wanted to give him along term deal after the 2017 Dallas game) said Paxton hit the showers 1st while other qbs stayed after and worked. Lol awful reports to go by to say his work ethic is bad and lazy.

I will say even during the combine and wonderlich score(18/50) he scored poorly and scouts thought he was spacey. He might have problems learning to read defenses and diagnose the play book faster than other qbs and yet they have changed his coordinator officially 3 different times and qb coach 3 different times 2 different head coaches. Yeah that's a fair shake especially knowing the kid ain't the smartest tool in the shed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Schlereth's report came out to be a lie too. He didn't hit the showers, he went to the weight room.

And it's laughable to say he got a fair shake. Not when all the media and half the fans were slobbering over Siemian because they wanted our version of Brady. It wasn't a fair when Kubiak drooled over Siemian because he reminded Kubiak of himself. It wasn't fair when VJ wanted a veteran QB so went with Siemian. It wasn't fair when he got injured. It wasn't fair when all the spurned Siemian fans turned on Lynch.

Elway sees this. That's why every single coach who voted for Siemian to start is no longer with the team except VJ... And VJ damn near lost his job. McCoy, Tolbert, and Studesville all wanted Siemian to start. The only two people to vote for Lynch to start were Elway and Musgrave... According to insiders anyways. Funny how Musgrave is the only offensive coach that stayed... And he got a promotion.

Lynch is done in Denver. That much is clear. But to say he got a fair shake is completely asinine.

Fine fix the oline and give Paxton a actual shot to play. And from what Iíve heard about Kelly if it was for injuries and off field stuff he was probably an early rounds pick. I just at this point think itís stupid to go sign a QB who itís worth 20-30 million a year. If we could somehow pry Brees from NO then Iím all in on that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofaxsyourself View Post
    Fine fix the oline and give Paxton a actual shot to play. And from what Iíve heard about Kelly if it was for injuries and off field stuff he was probably an early rounds pick. I just at this point think itís stupid to go sign a QB who itís worth 20-30 million a year. If we could somehow pry Brees from NO then Iím all in on that plan.
    Nah Lynch is done in Denver. But I don't want us to sign a vet either. I want us to draft one.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Some people don't learn from their mistakes. We start another 7th round pick in the next thirty years, and I'll lose my ****. It was stupid to start Siemian for one season. Flat out bull **** to start him for two seasons. What a waste of two years.
    Kelly isnít a 7th rounder if healthy and didnít have the off field issues. There are few hits that late. That being said though Iím split on Rosen or Nelson first round.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Kelly isnít a 7th rounder if healthy and didnít have the off field issues. There are few hits that late. That being said though Iím split on Rosen or Nelson first round.
    I want Rosen or Mayfield lol. I don't like the idea of taking a guard that early.

I want Rosen or Mayfield lol. I don't like the idea of taking a guard that early.
    what about darnold?

Am I the only one that would rather see us pick up McCown for a year and draft a QB (Mayfield or Rosen) than to sign any of the Vikings QBs??? The idea of Cousins is salivating but at his price we won't have much money to improve the O-line or anywhere for that matter. Bring in McCown, maybe get Decker back on the cheap, and a trade CJ for the dolphins lineman...just spit-ballin

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    what about darnold?
    I am an Ohio State fan and so I generally see those games.
    And, while I realize that my completely and totally random sample is NOT in any way statistically valid, I did watch the OSU vs. Oklahoma and the OSU vs. USC games.

In those games, Mayfield was lights-out excellent against OSU and Darnold looked downright mediocre.

On Kelly; There were a couple scouts that said he could have been top 3 rounds but also scouts that said 4-7 even without injuries and off field problems. From what I have seen and remember he looked alright, decent athleticism and arm but decision making wasn't great and some really bad throws. Still interesting prospect and seems like uncle jim might really be helping him mature. Not gonna lie I wanna see him in pre season.

I still don't know where to go with the QB situation but 1 thing I don't want is keenum and Nelson situation. Boring and isn't gonna make us contend for 1-3 seeds imo. I like the idea of bringing in McCown and drafting a qb but they still need to address the G/T spot in free agency and draft.

On darnold, very interesting prospect arm motion is loopy makes some mind boggling decisions but he can run and has a strong arm, attempts a lot of tight window throws(I think he was 1st or 2nd in tight window throws made between the top 5 prospects). Dunno why he didn't throw at the combine, not sure about his depth of knowledge. Overall I don't think I would be too upset if they drafted him at 5, would be a bit bummed if they traded up for him tho and Doc told me always scout the player not the school. But I'm always wary of usc QBs lol.

Free agency is gonna be big for the way Denvers draft goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thefranchise18 View Post
    Am I the only one that would rather see us pick up McCown for a year and draft a QB (Mayfield or Rosen) than to sign any of the Vikings QBs??? The idea of Cousins is salivating but at his price we won't have much money to improve the O-line or anywhere for that matter. Bring in McCown, maybe get Decker back on the cheap, and a trade CJ for the dolphins lineman...just spit-ballin
    I like this idea quite a bit. McCown provides knowledge at the NFL level for a young qb. Decker would be an excellent 3rd/4th option and in the slot and should be pretty cheap. James would be an excellent addition his hammy injury shouldn't be too much of a concern and would allow us to open the draft to other positions of need!

Just re-read my last long post and sounds like I'm a pompous ***. I don't mean to come off that way. Just love shooting the **** about football and Broncos. Please if you got others takes that are opposite opinions of mine, call me out! Love hearing every ones opinion and research!

Last edited by tmacsc2; 03-11-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Just re-read my last long post and sounds like I'm a pompous ***. I don't mean to come off that way. Just love shooting the **** about football and Broncos. Please if you got others takes that are opposite opinions of mine, call me out! Love hearing every ones opinion and research!

Lol a lot of my posts come off as sounding pompous...I don't intend to though. I'm just very blunt. A career in the mental health field will do that.

Lol a lot of my posts come off as sounding pompous...I don't intend to though. I'm just very blunt. A career in the mental health field will do that.
    It's tough to get tones while talking to strangers on the internet. You got a Twitter MG?

Soooo, long shot but apparently brees and saints having communication issues over the contract. Anyone think it would be possible for Denver to hop in there and persuade Brees to leave a beastly offense and a Super bowl contender?

I personally say no but then again Denver was like 3rd behind two other teams in the manning race haha. Work your magic Elway!
    Last edited by tmacsc2; 03-12-2018 at 02:13 AM.

Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast