Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Primestein View Post
    I just got done watching BQ press conference from yesterday. I feel better with the move knowing he is giving the HC full control over who he picks as his staff.
    If I'm a HC candidate (or a concerned Lions fan) I would think Quinn is tipping his hand as to what he thinks of some of the current staff (ie he wants you to keep JBC or whoever). Which would make me question my chances at landing the Lions HC job if I prefer Billy Alexander over JBC as OC... Not saying that's the case, but I thought normally when the HC is fired the rest of the staff are basically cleaning out their cube as well
    Last edited by JWO35; 01-02-2018 at 08:22 PM.

👑

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Poor Bengals fans.
    Seriously. Between them and the Browns, the state of Ohio has to have the worst ownership in football.

Mike Vrabel is an interesting choice. Doesn't have a lot of coaching experience, but I'm not one that believes that matters a ton. Rather, it doesn't HAVE to matter a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Seriously. Between them and the Browns, the state of Ohio has to have the worst ownership in football.
    **** ohio

1: John D
    2: McDaniels
    3: Patricia

THE START OF A NEW ERA #I.Q.W.T

1. Jon Gruden
    2. Jim Harbaugh
    3. Brian Billick
    4. Bill Cowher
    5. [Insert washed-up Head Coach that the game has passed up here]

👑

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    If I'm a HC candidate (or a concerned Lions fan) I would think Quinn is tipping his hand as to what he thinks of some of the current staff (ie he wants you to keep JBC or whoever). Which would make me question my chances at landing the Lions HC job if I prefer Billy Alexander over JBC as OC... Not saying that's the case, but I thought normally when the HC is fired the rest of the staff are basically cleaning out their cube as well
    here's the thing about JBC staying with the team...you can easily demote him or take away play calling if you think that is his weakness. All assistant coaches are the same tier from position coach to coordinator it's all considered the same in the NFL. So a new coach can come in keep JBC give him the qb coaching job and hire his own coordinator. JBC still can't go anywhere else unless his contract is up or he gets a head coaching job.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I got the impression that BQ is keeping them around so the new coach can make a decision on whether to keep any of the exsisting staff. If they went 4-12 it would probably be a different story. Last thing they probably want to do is take a month to get a HC and most other positions in the league are full. Then they are left assembling a b list team of assistant coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Mike Vrabel is an interesting choice. Doesn't have a lot of coaching experience, but I'm not one that believes that matters a ton. Rather, it doesn't HAVE to matter a ton.
    honestly the more I read about Vrabel the more interested I am in him.

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    honestly the more I read about Vrabel the more interested I am in him.
    I'm down for giving a guy with little experience a shot. I'm not sure if that is a risk the FO is willing to make though.

Interesting Article on Matt Patricia

I believe he is our top candidate and has a working relation with Quinn and quite possibly could work pretty well. I also lie Vrabel or even Wilks as our head coach. Patricia had his interview yesterday so only time will tell. I believe Wilks will have his interview next week.

AAL: MATTHEW STAFFORD
    COMP: 371 ATT: 565 YDS: 4,446 COMP %: 65.7 TD: 29 INT: 10 FUMBLES: 11 QBR: 61.8
    RUSH ATT: 29 YDS: 98 TD: 0
    COMEBACK WINS: 2

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 17-16-7 Points: 41
    Detroit Lions 9-7 #INBOBQUINNWETRUST! Bye Caldwell!
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 12-3 ACC: 1-1
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 7-6 ACC: 3-5 #timeforthetaggartera

Realistically, what’s the soonest we could hire Matt Patricia?
    ^^ currently playing^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    literally or officially? I'd imagine we could try and get him under the table without announcing it until 30 seconds after the Pats season ends

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    after he wins another super bowl with the Pats

THE START OF A NEW ERA #I.Q.W.T

From all the rumors Patricia is already a Lion just team won't announce it till after the Pats are out of the playoffs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast