Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yeah if we have the same receiving core and OL next season we should all be dissapointed. but you really still want McD out? are you sure about this? I would call this season a success.

This season was a huge success. McDermott changed the culture in Buffalo. The players bought in and they ended a 17 year playoff drought. The franchise, the fans, the city, everything connected to and with the Buffalo Bills was reenergized. The end as far as I'm concerned.

It can be argued that Rick Dennison's seat should be hot. It can and should certainly be argued that Tyrod Taylor's play was the greatest contributing factor in the loss yesterday. He left so many plays on the field because he just simply cannot see them. Those are the only two changes that I would be in favor of.

Yeah, I'd say for sure this season was a huge success for you guys. Well done.

And I'd also give a shout out to the fans who donated to Andy Dalton's charity. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
    Yeah, I'd say for sure this season was a huge success for you guys. Well done.

And I'd also give a shout out to the fans who donated to Andy Dalton's charity. Well done!
    Thanks for stopping in the forum. Things a little sparse at times over here. I'm really proud of the fans in Buffalo for their efforts donating to Dalton's charity. That was awesome.

Dalton earned it. The biggest contributer should be McD.

We saw tyrod panic at times and try to run rather than getting it out quickly. Was sort of classic tyrod and classic OL. I have to say I would be in favor of keeping tyrod while also drafting one of the top QB's. Let him sit for the year. I worry we'll get Alex Smith. I mean I like the guy but I want a long term fixture at the position. 20 years plz lol. Colts aren't looking for a QB so they may be our best chance at a top QB talent from the draft. The colts trading down to load up on OL makes sense for them. Then again... It also makes sense for us lol. Going to be a very interesting off-season.

Peterson threw more ints than tyrod in 400+ less attempts lol. 3rd string.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Dalton earned it. The biggest contributer should be McD.

We saw tyrod panic at times and try to run rather than getting it out quickly. Was sort of classic tyrod and classic OL. I have to say I would be in favor of keeping tyrod while also drafting one of the top QB's. Let him sit for the year. I worry we'll get Alex Smith. I mean I like the guy but I want a long term fixture at the position. 20 years plz lol. Colts aren't looking for a QB so they may be our best chance at a top QB talent from the draft. The colts trading down to load up on OL makes sense for them. Then again... It also makes sense for us lol. Going to be a very interesting off-season.
    There are rumblings that Rosen won't sign with Cleveland. I'm offering #21, #22 and the 1st round pick in 2019 for that pick. Cleveland needs all of the talent they can get and are probably better off stabilizing their QB situation with a veteran like Alex Smith and letting Kizer or another QB sit behind him. If Cleveland stays at #1 and doesn't draft Rosen, New York will and the Bills would have to jump up to #3 to land Darnold. Either way, this draft is pretty much Rosen/Darnold or bust for me.
    Last edited by Jack the Ripper; 01-08-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    The drops don't change anything. Clay catches a 1st down pass on 3rd down. He was out of bounds, now we punt. Logan Thomas drops a 3rd down pass, now we punt. Thomas also coughed up a catch in his chest, that then resulted into an INT. All the drops cost this team possession of the football. To say it didn't cost us anything is ridiculous.

And if McDermott allows Dennison to call plays, in game changing situations, neither should be here to much longer. We have seen Tolbert run the ball on 3rd and 15, 3rd and 25, while McCoy is on the bench, and at the 1 yard line, McDermott is going to allow Dennison to call a throw, against the best defense in the league, when this team prides itself on running it? Horrible play calling.

Just wait until next year. If this team keeps the same receiving core and make no upgrades on the offensive line, it doesn't matter who are QB is, they will continue to drop passes and we will see a lot more sacks. You guys all year see an over throw and put extreme emphasis on it. Then you see Zay Jones drop 15 catches and you say, awe, he will get better. Receivers again standing out of bounds waiting for a catch and its ignored. Countless 1st down conversion drops by our WR's and those are ignored. Trust me, next year, no QB is going to come on this team and make these WR's catch the ball. Just start getting your excuses ready, when we see Tyrod on a new team next year and that teams offense is looking 100xs better than ours.
    It's three points. Five drops in the opposing teams territory is still no excuse for only scoring three points in today's NFL. Wake up. Are you saying the Bills are the only team that has to deal with drops? Go look at the NFL leaders in dropped passes.

It's also not just the over throws. It's also the misplacement of passes and just not seeing open WRs. The Bills have had one of the worst passing games in the league under Tyrod. How can they win lacking in that department?

You can't even use the weapons excuse anymore. Look what the former Bills WRs are doing without Tyrod...even Goodwin of all players.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    It's three points. Five drops in the opposing teams territory is still no excuse for only scoring three points in today's NFL. Wake up. Are you saying the Bills are the only team that has to deal with drops? Go look at the NFL leaders in dropped passes.

It's also not just the over throws. It's also the misplacement of passes and just not seeing open WRs. The Bills have had one of the worst passing games in the league under Tyrod. How can they win lacking in that department?

You can't even use the weapons excuse anymore. Look what the former Bills WRs are doing without Tyrod...even Goodwin of all players.
    As I said a million times, his first year, he led the league in throwing the ball 25 yards or more. He was the most accurate QB in the league. Then it all fell apart. You can blame it on the QB, 50% of the Bills mafia could blame it on the QB, but the fact is, we saw Tyrod in his first year as one of the most accurate QB's in the league. People who know football, also know, something occurred to make this go a complete 180 on him.

Against JAx, 5 first down passes were dropped, along with Clay being out of bounds, which has happened so many times during Tyrod's three years here. Imagine punting 6 less times against the Jags. We lost the game by 7, and could have had 6 opportunities to keep the offense on the field. Lets blame the QB.

As for making excuses, your citing stats on Goodwin. Do you even know how many games Goodwin played. He was always injured and he was our 3rd WR. In San Fran, he played nearly the entire year and after they had so many injuries at the position, he played as the #1 WR. It's incredibly stupid to post his outcome this year as a #1 WR in San fran when he barely played in Buffalo due to injury and when he did play in a game, he played on average 12 snaps a game.

How about you look at Watkins numbers. Was his stats better in Buffalo with Tyrod, or better in LA with Goff? How about Woods? Why don't you look up their stats with Tyrod and Goff. Then tell me what the big difference is. And remember, we have used McCoy as much as they use Gurly. As much as everyone here will say Goff is a way better QB, the numbers are nearly the same. The only difference between the two teams is, LA didn't allow every team to rush for franchise records against them.
    Last edited by sabres11; 01-12-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123