Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Grier, Gase and Tannenbaum had their year end press conference today and there were very few highlights.

Tannehill is the QB next year. Gase has to hold himself back from just saying they would have gone to the playoffs with Tannehill healthy. He also shut the door on Cutler coming back since he acknowledged Cutler doesn't want to be a backup.

Grier didn't dismiss the idea that they would draft a QB in the first but said "we'll draft the best player no matter what." "I wouldn't pass on JJ Watt just because we have Cam Wake."

Gase and Grier both said they wanted Landry back but Tannebaum pointed out that the salary cap is a bit of a problem right now. He also admitted that even though they want to resign their own guys first, but they clearly messed up a bit last year with some of the contracts.

Apparently Omar Kelly came away from the press conference with the impression that Fales could be the backup and Moore is gone.

As for Landry, I love him as a player and the effort and toughness he brings. Fantastic player. But the blow ups on the sideline or during the games where he has to be calmed down from team mates because he might cost us another bone head penalty is getting very tiring. To the point that I'd rather let him go and spend 15 mill somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Realistic targets, not dreams. And yes all reports say they wanted Apple badly, part of the reason we traded up for Howard being they wanted young talent at CB.

This isn't who you or us on the forum wanted, it's who the guys in Miami targeted with there pick.
    yes Tannehill was their 2nd choice. they wanted Apple but he wasn't their first choice and luckily they didn't get him

Fales has no chance of being the backup but Moore is def gone. almost any UDFA can beat out Fales alone

I'm not even sold that Tannehill is the QB next year. they wanted to resign Cutler which is fishy. even if it was to be a backup it's still fishy. repeatedly saying TH will be the QB next year as if nobody believes it is fishy. lot of people don't believe it either because many mocks have us taking QB but that's not the point. why do they keep saying they wont every time they speak? they trying to fool people? its fishy. saying negative things about Cutler when you wanted to resign him is fishy. saying negative things about Cutler when you wanted to resign him makes me not trust anything Gase says at all. plus draft season you can't trust what anybody says to begin with

the JJ Watt comment is interesting because Taven Bryan is compared to JJ

Landry's penalty wasn't costly and he had to defend himself. most of his penalties are just his passion getting the best of him. that's a good thing. defending yourself is also a good thing. not resigning him for that would be just dumb

Restructured Ndamukong Suh
    (Save: $10,713,333)
    Restructured Ryan Tannehill
    (Save: $11,123,333)
    Released Lawrence Timmons
    (Save: $975,000)
    Released Julius Thomas
    (Save: $4,600,000)

Cap Space:$39,710,457

Resign:
    William Hayes
    Michael Thomas
    Jarvis Landry
    Terrence Fede
    John Denney
    Cody Parkey
    Mike Hull
    Neville Hewitt

Sign Justin Pugh or see what we have in Isaac Asiata

Draft:
    Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame

so fix OL. I like it

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    yes Tannehill was their 2nd choice. they wanted Apple but he wasn't their first choice and luckily they didn't get him
    Literally every team in that draft wanted Luck. Saying Tannehill is their 2nd choice and acting like you're proving a point is ridiculous. Like Wrench said, they may not have been their top players in the draft, but they were their realistic favorites. No one in that draft expected Tunsil to drop to us including the Dolphins.

Armando is reporting that the Dolphins may have changed their minds about resigning Landry after Sunday. The press conference Gase said it was the most embarrising game he's seen and Grier and Tannenbaum both just said that Landry is a player that they have to review.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Fales has no chance of being the backup but Moore is def gone. almost any UDFA can beat out Fales alone

I'm not even sold that Tannehill is the QB next year. they wanted to resign Cutler which is fishy. even if it was to be a backup it's still fishy. repeatedly saying TH will be the QB next year as if nobody believes it is fishy. lot of people don't believe it either because many mocks have us taking QB but that's not the point. why do they keep saying they wont every time they speak? they trying to fool people? its fishy. saying negative things about Cutler when you wanted to resign him is fishy. saying negative things about Cutler when you wanted to resign him makes me not trust anything Gase says at all. plus draft season you can't trust what anybody says to begin with

the JJ Watt comment is interesting because Taven Bryan is compared to JJ

Landry's penalty wasn't costly and he had to defend himself. most of his penalties are just his passion getting the best of him. that's a good thing. defending yourself is also a good thing. not resigning him for that would be just dumb
    They never said they wanted to sign him to be a backup.

“You could have asked me Week 1 if he ever wanted to be a backup quarterback,” Gase said. “I’m shocked you guys didn’t have any clue about that.

“It’s pretty obvious where he stands right now.”
    Someone asked if they would resign him as the backup and thats what Gase said. Meaning he isn't going to sign anywhere to be a backup, just won't happen.

They also flat out said we will take the best player on the board no matter the position. Meaning if they like a QB alot they will take him at 11 and I'm fine with that.

ArmandoSalguero
    Dowell Loggains has been hired as Dolphins offensive coordinator per league source. Clyde Christensen will remain with the team in a different role, per same source.

Dolphins Head Coach Adam Gase will continue to call the offensive plays.
    Loggains Titian O's where 23rd and 19th in scoring in the two years he was there. Jake Locker, Matt Hasselbeck and Ryan Fitzpatrick where his QBs to work with though.

With the Bears his O's where 28th and 29th in scoring. Jay Cutler, Brian Hoyer, Matt Barkley, Mike Glennon, and Mitchell Trubisky his QBs.

His rushing attacks and pass protections seem to be pretty good though. He is a guy who Gase worked with in the past with the Bears.
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-03-2018 at 09:49 PM.

After doing some more digging on Loggains I like him as OC more than Christensen. I still don't quite know what Christensen does. Loggains had a lot of hate this year but every year he's been an OC he's had a 1000 yard rusher and has had a good oline. His one year in Tennessee he also had a 1000 yard receiver and runner. I think he'll help more than Christensen for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    They also flat out said we will take the best player on the board no matter the position. Meaning if they like a QB alot they will take him at 11 and I'm fine with that.
    Thats the only way im comfortable with a QB round 1. If Gase thinks he can make one of those QBs a top 5 QB then take him. If not then get one of the elite talents elsewhere. This draft has some real talent and you need to hit with this pick.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Literally every team in that draft wanted Luck. Saying Tannehill is their 2nd choice and acting like you're proving a point is ridiculous. Like Wrench said, they may not have been their top players in the draft, but they were their realistic favorites. No one in that draft expected Tunsil to drop to us including the Dolphins.
    not trying to prove a point. just saying he wasn't the top. I admitted he was right about the most realistic

we don't know their top guy in this draft but we can get them. I doubt very highly that Cleveland stays at #4

they did say they wanted to resign Cutler. he won't resign

if they don't resign Landry 2018 is a wash. we wont be very good

Loggains and Christensen are both awful but more offensive minds cant hurt

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast