Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    so if Allen isn't there you don't draft a QB and we have no QB for the future that's cool

and no I'm not coming off Lamar. I think he fits Gase and this offense to a T and can make reads
    Not at #11, no I don't touch any of the remaining Qbs' in round 1. I don't care how bad we need a back-up. If its not Rosen, Darnold or Allen . . . I wouldn't even be looking at one. In round 2, if one is still there, yeah I would then take one, but no way in hell do I grab Mayfield, Jackson or Rudolph at #11

The chances of Lamar Jackson dropping to the 2nd are very high. So no you don't need to take him at 11. I also think the chances of us taking a QB before the 3rd are even higher. Grier has said multiple times that they look for a starter with the first two picks.

With that said I wouldn't hate Jackson. I think he's got talent but he's still a little raw. I'd love him as a developmental guy for sure just because his upside is so high.

And another topic to cause a fight in this thread. It looks like the Dolphins are leaking some info about Landry. Armando posted this story --> http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...194920564.html

Here's the highlight

"They see a player who doesn’t pay attention to details. They see a player who sometimes runs the right routes and sometimes doesn’t. They see a player who sometimes inspires with his emotions, but sometimes loses control and hurts his team. They see a player who doesn’t lead in the locker room although he’s in a great position to do so.

They see a player who doesn’t seem to respect his coaches because he often ignores what they ask. They see a player who has been, in the words of multiple sources, “a pain” to deal with and “hard to reach.”"

The article basically says that the Dolphins like Landry but they realize he's not a top tier WR and a headache at times. So the big gap in money hasn't really moved much.

This also tells me that Shawn Jefferson is another coach that should be let go. He just doesn't seem to get to the players. He can't get that constant ability out of Carroo and Parker and now it's coming out that he can't reach Landry.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I don't see Lamar getting out of the 1st and I don't think we should look at it as drafting a backup I think we should look at it as drafting a franchise QB which we need

lol Armando is on crack Dion Lewis sucks

Gase not keeping Landry is another reason why he should be fired and their are so many. it would be so Dolphins to give big contracts to bad players and let the best player we have had in 10 yrs go. our team has to be the laughing stock of the NFL the way its been run for so long

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    And another topic to cause a fight in this thread. It looks like the Dolphins are leaking some info about Landry. Armando posted this story --> http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...194920564.html

Here's the highlight

"They see a player who doesn’t pay attention to details. They see a player who sometimes runs the right routes and sometimes doesn’t. They see a player who sometimes inspires with his emotions, but sometimes loses control and hurts his team. They see a player who doesn’t lead in the locker room although he’s in a great position to do so.

They see a player who doesn’t seem to respect his coaches because he often ignores what they ask. They see a player who has been, in the words of multiple sources, “a pain” to deal with and “hard to reach.”"

The article basically says that the Dolphins like Landry but they realize he's not a top tier WR and a headache at times. So the big gap in money hasn't really moved much.

This also tells me that Shawn Jefferson is another coach that should be let go. He just doesn't seem to get to the players. He can't get that constant ability out of Carroo and Parker and now it's coming out that he can't reach Landry.
    If they are leaking that they may be trying to drive his value down in order to get him back. Sounds to me like they have their price and want him, but only at a reasonable price, which I guess I am okay with, depending on their definition of reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    If they are leaking that they may be trying to drive his value down in order to get him back. Sounds to me like they have their price and want him, but only at a reasonable price, which I guess I am okay with, depending on their definition of reasonable.
    That's what I'm assuming. They're trying to drive his price down but also trying to give themselves an out just in-case they don't keep him. They did the same thing with Ajayi after we traded him. I'm not surprised about any of this stuff because we knew all of it after the Ravens game when Gase pointed to his star players not going about it the right way.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

That's what I'm assuming. They're trying to drive his price down but also trying to give themselves an out just in-case they don't keep him. They did the same thing with Ajayi after we traded him. I'm not surprised about any of this stuff because we knew all of it after the Ravens game when Gase pointed to his star players not going about it the right way.
    IDK if this is a good idea to keep using these tactics though. Ultimately I'm sure players all talk and eventually FA's may not be as willing to come where coaches throw players under the bus and organizations start rumors to drive a players' price down. I like holding guys accountable but I don't think this is the smartest way to do it in the long run.

The Dolphins are trying to hire well-regarded Lions DL coach Kris Kocurek after receiving permission to interview him. Kocurek coached Dolphins star Ndamukong Suh for five years in Detroit.

This would be a huge signing

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    IDK if this is a good idea to keep using these tactics though. Ultimately I'm sure players all talk and eventually FA's may not be as willing to come where coaches throw players under the bus and organizations start rumors to drive a players' price down. I like holding guys accountable but I don't think this is the smartest way to do it in the long run.
    Gase has always protected his players until that point and it came after another huge shut out. I'm not worried about that. I think Gase tried being the best friend coach and it let to this past year where players were sloppy and and now he has to get tougher.

Gase has always protected his players until that point and it came after another huge shut out. I'm not worried about that. I think Gase tried being the best friend coach and it let to this past year where players were sloppy and and now he has to get tougher.
    I do encourage toughness in a coach.

players aren't going to want to come here when you don't value your best players. Gase needs to choke his pride and sign Landry. you don't let him go for this little petty stuff

Landry said in an interview that he feels like the Dolphins approach to his contractr has been a little disrespectful but still wants to remain with the team.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...195079339.html

Big additions to the staff

Former Broncos assistant head coach/running backs Eric Studesville is headed to the Dolphins as ruining backs coach/run game coordinator. Studesville and Dolphins coach Adam Gase were on the Broncos' staff together both under Josh Mc Daniels and John Fox.

Reported by Jeff Legwold of ESPN

Defensive line coach Kris Kocurek has agreed to become defensive line coach of the Miami Dolphins, his wife Amy confirmed Wednesday on Facebook.

Huge hires. Veteran guys with a track record of success.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-17-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Yea those are two big time hires, its also good to see coaches sign with us that are very wanted else where. Shows guys like what they see from Gase.
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-17-2018 at 02:38 PM.

I don't think Landry's coming back.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast