Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I would be happy if the Dolphins signed just 1 starting quality offensive lineman. It would be a start in the right direction to fixing the line. Also use a top 3 pick on a lineman.
    Nah man, you're not excited for the Tunsil, Asiata, Pouncey, Larsen, Davis line?

I have a bad feeling that we might actually see something close to that. Larsen said he wants to play RG and you know how this staff hates to move off a trash Veteran. Plus they really liked Asiata but admitted he needed a full red shirt year. So I'm worried that they'll just expect him to play significant time or use Stern again. That leaves Davis being pushed to RT where he wasn't bad but so much better at RG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I agree. I don't know much about him but when I saw this it made me feel more optimistic about our RB's going into next year, for the reason you said.
    It also is just occurring to me, we always talk about how a coach needs a couple of years or more to get the roster the way he wants it with "his guys". The same must apply to coaches. It's certainly not possible that Gase was able to get his first choice at every coaching spot in 2 years. I'm sure many coaches he would like were already in positions with other teams and not accessible. It probably takes a few years.

On that note, our defensive line coach, Terrell Williams is rumored to be gone. Maybe we'll hear more today.
    Williams was let go and there's no one rumored to come to us yet. We may be looking at someone on a playoff team.

So far I love the moves we've made on the coaching staff. I don't think we'll ever know exactly what Christensen did other than be the motivational guy. Loggains has an iffy record but he seems to be an actual OC and holds his players much more accountable. If we land Studesville that means we're adding more experience to the staff which was missing before. Hopefully we see some more added to the defense.

Armando posted a story the other day about the lack of leadership in the team without Albert and Trannehill this year. Without that known locker room leader you need more veterans on the coaching staff to hold the players accountable.

I went from Lamar to Key to Taven to Connor to now back around

I will die on the Jackson hill alone. Tannehill is 1 injury away from his career being over and he has already reached his peak which isn't a franchise QB and about to be 30. Jackson spends his rookie year on the bench learning unless Tannehill goes down again. Tannehill is traded or cut in 2019. I have a hard time picturing R1 not being a QB when we know Tannehill's days are numbered

Mock
    R1 Lamar Jackson QB Louiville
    R2 Martinas Rankin OL Mississippi State
    R2 DJ Chark WR LSU (via DVP trade)
    R3 Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    R4 Shaun Dion Hamilton LB Alabama
    R4 Jack Cichy LB Wisconsin
    R6 Chase Edmonds RB Fordham
    R7 Nick Wilson RB Arizona

Free Agency
    Jimmy Graham
    Justin Pugh
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-13-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Sources tell FootballScoop that Miami Dolphins defensive backs coach Lou Anarumo has been let go

The Dolphins will not retain defensive line coach Terrell Williams, per Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. Williams coached the teamís D-line for the past three seasons, and his unit experienced mixed results in 2017. Jackson adds that former offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen has indeed been reassigned to a new role within the organization, as was expected after Miami hired Dowell Loggains as its new OC earlier this month.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Sources tell FootballScoop that Miami Dolphins defensive backs coach Lou Anarumo has been let go
    This is the first change that I'm iffy on. I'm assuming their doing it because they're giving him the blame for the miscommunication. That was easily the biggest downfall of the secondary. But he has a good record of developing players. I mean the big 3 at the CB position all looked great this year (took Howard a lot longer than I wanted but it still worked in the end).

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    This is the first change that I'm iffy on. I'm assuming their doing it because they're giving him the blame for the miscommunication. That was easily the biggest downfall of the secondary. But he has a good record of developing players. I mean the big 3 at the CB position all looked great this year (took Howard a lot longer than I wanted but it still worked in the end).
    Very true, it took time. One thing to remember is that Howard missed more than half of last season with an injury, IIRC.

The Miami Dolphins are continuing the turnover of their coaching staff with the firing of head athletic trainer Ryan Grove, The Miami Herald has learned.

Gase doing alot of changes on this staff. Not sure if its him worrying about his job or him telling the Ross he wants changes at these spots.

I don't think he's worried about his job at all. You don't make that Ajayi trade if you're worried about your job.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I think his job is safe for this season but who knows if the Dolphins have another 6 win season.

I dont like his play calling so I hope he hires someone else for that.

Gase is going to draft Lamar Jackson and get at least 2 more seasons

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Gase is going to draft Lamar Jackson and get at least 2 more seasons
    I am going to guarantee the Miami Dolphins DO NOT draft Lamar Jackson at #11. I don't think he is a Gase type of QB . . . meaning someone who can actually make reads. I think he is an amazing athlete and a gifted player, but I don't think he is going to be a good NFL QB. I know you are never going to come off that thought, and that perfectly fine, just like I am never going to like him.

If Josh Allen is not available at #11 (Rosen and Darnold off the board already), I'm not drafting a QB rd. 1

Also it stinks that both Wilkins and Ferrell both returned to school. That leaves less options on DL to draft in the 1st. That is going to bring Davenport into the top 15 talk. I still love the guy as a prospect. You can teach technique and system. You can't teach his measurables. Dude is a beast. My favorite and top DL prospect in our range.

so if Allen isn't there you don't draft a QB and we have no QB for the future that's cool

and no I'm not coming off Lamar. I think he fits Gase and this offense to a T and can make reads

I really wish Drew Lock would have come out this year. He would have been a steal in the 2nd. I think he will be the #1 rated QB in 2019.

There is no QB that excites me in Rd 1 other than the top three (Rosen, Darnold and Allen). If they take any other QB at #11, I'm going to lose my ****! Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph might go rd 1, but all have rd 2-3 talent. I don't want any part of that mess. There is no way that Gase will hitch his wagon to any one of those QBs' in the 1st rd.

We have clear needs at OL, LB, DL and TE and we can't afford to mess this draft up. I agree we need to draft a QB somewhat high (2-3 rounds), but any one of those latter mentioned QBs' taken at #11 will absolutely screw our draft up! If we used our 2nd rd pick on Mayfield, Jackson or Rudolph, then I'd be all for it, but there cannot be any way that this FO has any of them rated that high . . . just not imaginable. And if it is, Grier should be on his last leg as GM, and Tannenbaum should be fired.

Give me Roquan Smith, Quenton Nelson, Orlando Brown, Connor Williams, Marcus Davenport, Derwin James before any of those sub-par QBs at #11.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast