Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    So the Bears went with KC's OC Nagy as HC. If he cleans house and lets Vic Fangio go (or if Vic does not get a HC gig), do you think Gase goes after him? I think he'd be a better DC than Burke, although I still like Burke alot.

Imagine John Fox and Vic Fangio joining the Phins in some capacity? We'd have a really great coaching staff then.
    I definitely think we need to add some vet on the defense. I'm assuming Christensen is going to move into an adviser role (even though that's basically all he was before) so maybe Gase realizes that he needs more experience across the board. Burke may have a bright future ahead of him but since Gase barely does anything on the defensive side of the game we need a voice around him while he learns the DC role.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    Back for my yearly Mock Draft/Offseason. This year more than ever will depend on what the team does in Free Agency. If Landry goes then WR becomes a necessity. For now I'll operate on the assumption that he does return.

1: Roquan Smith, LB - Steps in right away as the playmaking LB we've seen to be laking for years. He, Raekwon, and Kiko should be a real solid group all relatively young.

2: Drew Lock, QB - Still hasn't declared for the draft so this could be for nothing but I love this kid's arm talent. He's probably 2 years away from being able to start which we have the luxury of letting him sit and learn.

3: Jaylen Samuels, TE/FB - Watched every game this kid played the last 4 years, flat out stud when the ball is in his hands. He reminds me so much of Charles Clay in his versatility. He can line up at RB, FB, TE, or in the slot.

4: Tyrell Crosby, OG/OT - Might be optimistic, i've seen him in the late 2nd/ early 3rd range but this guy is really good. Does have some injury history but could be the future LG.

4: Darren Carrington, WR - With Parker and Carroo both struggling, we'll need to take a WR regardless of what happens to Landry. Kid has some off the field issues but he should be a starting caliber WR in the NFL.
    Lock has a nasty arm and I love him if he comes out, because he may be had in the 3rd as well. If he declares, has the best arm talent in the draft, hands down. As for Smith, as nice as he would be to add speed to our slow defense, I think the Raiders are going to take him before us. I am starting to feel good about Derwin James, if its true that we want to start rolling out three safeties that are interchangeable to play in the box or cover TE. But I still covet Quenton Nelson the most, and I would not hesitate to grab him if he is still there at #11.

1. Quenton Neslon
    2. Derwin James
    3. Roquan Smith
    4. Billy Price
    5. Marcus Davenport

Browns - QB
    Giants - QB
    Colts - Barkley

Browns might go Minkah at #4 here but CB is deep and they need WRs. they trade down
    Dolphins give up #11, a 4th rounder, and DVP for #4. Browns draft WR at #11 to go with DVP

Dolphins Draft
    R1. Connor Williams OT
    R2. Will Hernandez OG
    R3. Bo Scarbrough RB
    R4. Dorian O'Daniel LB

Andre Branch, Jordan Phillips, and Kenny Stills I would shop around. perhaps Browns would want Stills more than DVP who knows

Free Agency
    Weston Richburg
    Kenny Vaccaro
    Troy Niklas
    Allen Robinson

I would shop Pouncey if I was able to get Richburg
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-10-2018 at 07:19 AM.

https://phinphanatic.com/2018/01/09/...oaching-staff/

This article makes some interesting suggestions, with both John Fox and Vic Fangio being real possibilities for Gase. If either became available, I would welcome them as a DC over Burke, especially if its true that the Phins are looking to go to a 3-4 by 2019, as the article suggests.

If we are in fact transitioning to a 3-4, our draft this year could be very interesting because we could be drafting players for that transition this year.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Browns - QB
    Giants - QB
    Colts - Barkley

Browns might go Minkah at #4 here but CB is deep and they need WRs. they trade down
    Dolphins give up #11, a 4th rounder, and DVP for #4. Browns draft WR at #11 to go with DVP

Dolphins Draft
    R1. Connor Williams OT
    R2. Will Hernandez OG
    R3. Bo Scarbrough RB
    R4. Dorian O'Daniel LB

Andre Branch, Jordan Phillips, and Kenny Stills I would shop around. perhaps Browns would want Stills more than DVP who knows

Free Agency
    Weston Richburg
    Kenny Vaccaro
    Troy Niklas
    Allen Robinson

I would shop Pouncey if I was able to get Richburg
    I have no problem with any of this except for giving up DVP to move to #4 for Williams. If your telling me we are moving to #4 for a difference maker . . . a play maker . . . then okay, cool cause Allen Robinson takes his place. But to move up for Williams, when at #11 we could have Brown, or McGlinchey, or even Williams himself, that is hard to swallow. A trade up for Barkely, or Chubb, or Fitzpatrick, or Key . . .that would be more understandable.

But the FA list is right in line with what we need/can use, as is most of the draft (except Williams at #4)

But Robinson will see around Stills money, if not more, plus I assume we're keeping Landry as well? So where is all of this money coming from for Vaccaro, Richburg and Niklas? Vaccaro will be around $6M/yr, same with Richburg, if not more since he is the best available FA OC in a weak class. I wouldn't mind the signings, but our cap takes a big hit, and we lose a cost controlled WR2 in the process for a highly drafted RT (Tunsil is our future at LT, he's not moving)

Niklas is dirt cheap. will be one of the bargain bin players you get a week after FA starts

Stills and Robinson wipe each other out

Pouncey and Richburg wipe each other

that only leaves Vaccaro who I can sign by trading Branch

you still have Timmons, Thomas and James about to be gone

I looked at the OL prospects in free agency last night. its not very good. I actually went after who I think is the best one which is Richburg. Giants will probably keep him so that one is probably mute which would leave nobody

Robinson I can actually picture hitting FA. they are going to go after Eli likely and if Robinson isn't signed by then all their focus will be on locking down a free agent QB. they will be drafting too late not to chase one of them

I don't picture us fixing the OL with cheap band aids in FA like last year but not much is out there. you going to pay a crap ton for the 1 legit OG that hits it? I don't think so

Connor Williams is a top 5 prospect and the #1 OL player in this class. I don't for one second think Tunsil is the answer at LT as he has struggled mightily there. Connor starts day 1 at LT. Tunsil goes back to LG while also giving us a backup LT. Pouncey or Richburg at C. Hernandez at RG. Davis at RT. you went from a bad OL to a top 5 OL

the #1 need for this team is indeed OL. free agency doesn't offer enough for me to go that route with it

McGlinchey is a late 1 guy . Fitz and Barkley help but we would still suck. the OL would let us down again. Chubb isn't a big enough improvement for me to trade up for and same scenario. OL would let us down again

Grant becomes our WR#2 unless we draft someone. Grant can do what Stills does but based on all that we would have more draft picks because I would be trading perhaps Pouncey, Stills or DVP, Phillips and Branch. If I get a 2nd for any of those players it goes to Equanamious St Brown to team with Robinson and Landry

draft only has 2 studs for OL. Willams and Nelson. the rest is meh just like free agencywith the exception of Richburg. I think Hernandez could be good though

you also have restructures to Suh and Tannehill to open space and a Wake extension to open space

Justin Pugh and Andrew Norwell are both really good OGs'. If one of them hits the market, they will be my first call to sign, hands down. Richburg is the best OC available, but you're right, if the Giants are smart, they will actually keep both him and Pugh. DJ Fluker is a really nice low risk, high reward 1yr signing. He can play one of the OG positions.

I still love Nelson, and would actually trade up for him, but not all the way up to #4 for an OL. Williams would be nice, but I'm not trading that much for him. Stills has already proven to have chemistry with Tannehill and has shown consistency with the Phins. Not sure I'd trade him just to sign Allen Robinson though. I like Stills alot. Grant is not on his level. Stills made some of the best catches this year for us . . . Grant is more of a gimmick WR right now. He's all speed. I don't trust Grant in a big role for our team in 2018. not yet.

I feel Very good about Tunsil and Davis as our OTs in 2018. I would feel even better about the OL landing Neslon and signing one of Pugh or Norwell. This was technically Tunsil's rookie year at LT. He was the higest rated OT in 2016. He was probably regarded higher his draft year than any OT in this year's draft. I'm not moving Tunsil, not yet.

Hernandez is going to be drafted in the lower part of rd 1, if not top of rd 2. We will not have a shot at him and he should not go high at #11.

I see Giants resigning both. both and Norwell are expensive. Fluker would be a depth signing. we cant band aid it anymore with low end signings like him to start

Allen Robinson is one of the best WRs in the league. he is AJ Green and Julio level

Grant is on Stills level to me. the player I draft if I get more picks or the player I draft if Hernandez is gone is better than Stills. Stills is expensive. I like him but we wouldn't miss him at all. if trading him meant getting Williams he is gone for me in a heartbeat. OL comes first for me this offseason and for once they don't take it lightly

Williams is the #1 player in the draft with Barkley #2

Tunsil didn't play LT in 2016 he played LG. he played LG at a high level. he has sucked at LT. I'm not comfortable with him there. getting Nelson gives you a perhaps one of the best OG in the league and an average LT. getting Williams gives you one of the best LTs in the league and a great LG.

I agree with what you said about Hernandez. he should be a late R1 guy. I do like him though. him being gone just gives me ST Brown who is better than Stills

Davis can play RT or RG

I wouldn't trade up for Nelson. Hernandez makes it so you don't have to

I don't understand why you wouldn't trade up for Williams. he gives you more than anything I gave to get him and is way better than Tunsil

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Justin Pugh and Andrew Norwell are both really good OGs'. If one of them hits the market, they will be my first call to sign, hands down. Richburg is the best OC available, but you're right, if the Giants are smart, they will actually keep both him and Pugh. DJ Fluker is a really nice low risk, high reward 1yr signing. He can play one of the OG positions.

I still love Nelson, and would actually trade up for him, but not all the way up to #4 for an OL. Williams would be nice, but I'm not trading that much for him. Stills has already proven to have chemistry with Tannehill and has shown consistency with the Phins. Not sure I'd trade him just to sign Allen Robinson though. I like Stills alot. Grant is not on his level. Stills made some of the best catches this year for us . . . Grant is more of a gimmick WR right now. He's all speed. I don't trust Grant in a big role for our team in 2018. not yet.

I feel Very good about Tunsil and Davis as our OTs in 2018. I would feel even better about the OL landing Neslon and signing one of Pugh or Norwell. This was technically Tunsil's rookie year at LT. He was the higest rated OT in 2016. He was probably regarded higher his draft year than any OT in this year's draft. I'm not moving Tunsil, not yet.

Hernandez is going to be drafted in the lower part of rd 1, if not top of rd 2. We will not have a shot at him and he should not go high at #11.
    Plus, letting Stills go would send the wrong message to the team. He worked hard and had results on the field, grew up and worked in the community and never complained as far as we know (and we would probably know because Gase airs things out in the media far too much IMO). If we let a guy like that go what is the message to the rest of the players? Many factors are to be considered when making personnel decisions but I think this is one of them.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-10-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Plus, letting Stills go would send the wrong message to the team. He worked hard and had results on the field, grew up and worked in the community and never complained as far as we know (and we would probably know because Gase airs things out in the media far too much IMO). If we let a guy like that go what is the message to the rest of the players? Many factors are to be considered when making personnel decisions but I think this is one of them.
    This is very true. We gave up a 3rd for him., he performed very well and got a well deserved raise. He has been our best red zone threat the past two years too. And you're right, he has made a big footprint in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I see Giants resigning both. both and Norwell are expensive. Fluker would be a depth signing. we cant band aid it anymore with low end signings like him to start

Allen Robinson is one of the best WRs in the league. he is AJ Green and Julio level

Grant is on Stills level to me. the player I draft if I get more picks or the player I draft if Hernandez is gone is better than Stills. Stills is expensive. I like him but we wouldn't miss him at all. if trading him meant getting Williams he is gone for me in a heartbeat. OL comes first for me this offseason and for once they don't take it lightly

Williams is the #1 player in the draft with Barkley #2

Tunsil didn't play LT in 2016 he played LG. he played LG at a high level. he has sucked at LT. I'm not comfortable with him there. getting Nelson gives you a perhaps one of the best OG in the league and an average LT. getting Williams gives you one of the best LTs in the league and a great LG.

I agree with what you said about Hernandez. he should be a late R1 guy. I do like him though. him being gone just gives me ST Brown who is better than Stills

Davis can play RT or RG

I wouldn't trade up for Nelson. Hernandez makes it so you don't have to

I don't understand why you wouldn't trade up for Williams. he gives you more than anything I gave to get him and is way better than Tunsil
    I'm not as high on Williams as you are. I think he's a fine player, but i'm not trading DVP/Stills and #11 to move up for him. I personally like our WR core a lot, and I'm not looking to trade any of them. If I were to trade one, it would probably be Parker, but I'd want a 2nd rd pick for him, or a player for player type deal. But I'd rather keep the offense as is, and add a TE and a bruiser at RB, not subtract from it.

I actually like Orlando Brown more than Williams. Brown is a bulldozer and a mammoth human being. Williams had an injury that does scare me. But I'm not trading up into the top 5 for OL, just not doing it. But I agree that OL is our biggest weakness and it has to be fixed.

Brown is a 2nd rounder for me and not in my top 5 OTs. Williams is the best OT in many years and a true LT

knee injury is a flag but that's why they have medicals. if he passes his medical I'm trading up for him. only problem with him passing is he has a legit chance going #1 if he does

I'm not trading much. 1 WR and 1 pick. whichever WR of the 2 that they most liked. both of which are probably only worth a 3rd rounder by themselves. DVP is straight garbage
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-11-2018 at 06:26 PM.

according to Gregg Rosenthal on nfl.com Landry is the #10 FA. the #2 WR after Robinson (who is the #6 FA). Watkins is #3 WR. they are the only 3 WRs in the top 25. the top 10 includes Brees, Cousins, Bell, Jimmy G, Bridewater. point being he is good. really good

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast