Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    So if you're willing to go $15M/yr with Landry, then slap him with the non-exclusive franchise tag and see if we can get draft compensation. I believe the average of the top 5 WR salaries for 2018 is around $15.4M or so. Maybe someone else would want to pay that much to a slot. Get us two 1st rd picks for him. If MIA is comfortable going up to $14M/yr, why not place the tag, and if nobody bites, extend the contract to $14/M yr after the tag year? take that extra $1.5M hit on the 2018 cap

Landry is a good WR but he isn't a difference maker. He is a guy who gets aton of targets and doesn't do alot with those targets though. 36 players had 100 targets only two had a lower avg catch and they where both RBs.

I'm down for bringing him back but not at 15M.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    This team doesn't live or die without Landry. We traded away one of the best RBs in football and the guy that carried us into the playoffs last year and somehow replaced him with a better more versatile player. Grant can not only replace Landry in the screen and dump off game but do it even better than him. That single play in the Chiefs game showed that Grant is a threat every time he gets the ball in his hands. Landry is a much more consistent player and can definitely be more of a threat in the middle of the field, but Landry isn't a game changing WR like some think. He's not even close to guys like Julio, AB, or even his best friend OBJ. I'd like to keep him but won't lose sleep if we dont.

I've said it before but I really think you're underestimating how bad Cutler was. Cutler changed the entire offense because of how bad he was to the point that Gase had to get so conservative. Throw in an injured Parker and a TE the size of an Olineman and you're not going to have a good offense. With Tannehill this was one of the most aggressive offenses in the league.
    I will say it again, the gameplan with Tannehill and Cutler was basically the same except Tannehill is better than Cutler.

I watched every game Tannehills last season. Basically every gameplan was the same. Ulta conservative to start the game, play for field position, and when the 4th quarter came along if we needed to open it up we opened it up. We had to open it up a lot that season in the 4th quarter and we had a fairy tale season when it came to 4th quarters. We won a lot of close games that season with this strategy. That was pretty much a fluke season as we had a negative point differential but had a 10-6 record.

I believe in a strategy that involves killer instinct. Our game plan seems to be get up by a field goal then try to run the clock out for 3 quarters.

Dolphins will not retain Dave DeGuglielmo

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    So if you're willing to go $15M/yr with Landry, then slap him with the non-exclusive franchise tag and see if we can get draft compensation. I believe the average of the top 5 WR salaries for 2018 is around $15.4M or so. Maybe someone else would want to pay that much to a slot. Get us two 1st rd picks for him. If MIA is comfortable going up to $14M/yr, why not place the tag, and if nobody bites, extend the contract to $14/M yr after the tag year? take that extra $1.5M hit on the 2018 cap
    Maybe something like that is the plan. I was wondering why we didn't trade him earlier in the year actually. But what you are describing would make good sense and would explain why the Dolphins were trying to up his numbers in a meaningless game Sunday. Either they are very forward-thinking, or shooting themselves in the foot just before negotiations with Landry. I would not even guess which it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I will say it again, the gameplan with Tannehill and Cutler was basically the same except Tannehill is better than Cutler.

I watched every game Tannehills last season. Basically every gameplan was the same. Ulta conservative to start the game, play for field position, and when the 4th quarter came along if we needed to open it up we opened it up. We had to open it up a lot that season in the 4th quarter and we had a fairy tale season when it came to 4th quarters. We won a lot of close games that season with this strategy. That was pretty much a fluke season as we had a negative point differential but had a 10-6 record.

I believe in a strategy that involves killer instinct. Our game plan seems to be get up by a field goal then try to run the clock out for 3 quarters.
    one of the reasons that I want Gase fired. we need Tannenbaum fired as well

The Miami Dolphins have hired former Bears OL coach Jeremiah Washburn to be their new OL coach. Washburn was with Miami as asst. OL coach in 2016.

The question now is who else from the Bears coaching staff will join Gase in Miami. The two defensive names are Vic Fangio and John Fox. Obvious ties with Adam Gase and both could do a lot with the talent on the Dolphins defense.

Many believe that Gase wants to transition to a 3-4 defense so a coaching change would likely help facilitate that.
    Last edited by jtownsfine5t; 01-04-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Washburn is well respected. Offensive line was decent last year and you saw Tunsil look a lot more comfortable. The communication was a lot better too so hopefully we get that back.

Fangio is a pipe dream. He's being interviewed for the HC job of Chicago plus there's interest from Green Bay. Fox wouild probably come as a consultant which I would be perfectly ok with. The Bears had a solid defense last year even with a lack of talent.

3-4 defense thing is getting some traction, its what Gase likes its what Vance Joseph liked when he was DC but they both realized the personal wasn't the right fit. Right now we have some guys the issue being LB is a mess.

Phillips - NT, Suh/Godchaux/Taylor - DE, Charles Harris - OLB, McMillan/Alonso - ILB, Wake - pass rush
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-04-2018 at 10:41 PM.

switch to 3-4 makes Taven Bryan my pick in R1

Arden Key would still be in my top 4 as my #1 LB but the switch would make DE on par with OL as biggest need. Key would be a monster of an OLB though

Nelson and Lamar would still be in my top 4 choices for us
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-05-2018 at 04:56 AM.

A 3-4 would be interesting to see, but that would mean we have to find a true NT. Suh would become an amazing DE in the 3-4. If we went 3-4, I would then try and get DT Christian Wilkins as the other DE opposite Suh. Or trade back and get Hurst out of MICH. Not sure where Philips would fit, as he is not strong enough for NT, and not speedy enough for DE. Branch would have to be traded or just strung along for another year and then cut.

We don't have the speed at LB to be a 3-4 right now though. We would have Wake and Harris as our pass-rushers, and Kiko and MacMillan can man the middle, with Anthony being able to step in and spell them. We would need massive LB depth and speed.

A rebuild to a 3-4 would create more holes for the team to fill, as tunni stated. But this 'wide-9' BS hasn't worked the past couple of years. Time for a change.

I like the idea of Fox as a special assistant/advisor, and it may. Most of his previous assistants are in MIA now, and we have some talent to work with.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 01-05-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Well it seems my one year dolphins fandom has ended. I wish cutty performed better, good luck next season dudes!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I think Suh would have to be the NT

Godchaux, Phillips, Taylor fighting for 1 DE spot?

LBs are easy to find for a 3-4. we gain a couple of them just by switching to it

DE for it is harder and idk if we have 1

my top two 3-4 DEs are #1 Taven Bryan and #2 Da'Ron Payne which puts Payne in my top 5 and knocks Raquon Smith out. I'm not high on any other 3-4 End

Phillips when he was coming out was viewed as a NT and has the prototypical body for it. Not sure why you guys are throwing him aside being that is his best spot.

All the talk is useless anyways being no one plays base D very often they play nickel or dime. Sometimes they just play a 4-2 or 3-3 type front. The one thing this team needs is a hybrid LB/S. Saw someone bring up a unique idea and say get another good S and like R. Jones be that guy although he even took a step back in coverage through.

We need speed on D for sure, it's clear we lack that when facing an O with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Phillips when he was coming out was viewed as a NT and has the prototypical body for it. Not sure why you guys are throwing him aside being that is his best spot.

All the talk is useless anyways being no one plays base D very often they play nickel or dime. Sometimes they just play a 4-2 or 3-3 type front. The one thing this team needs is a hybrid LB/S. Saw someone bring up a unique idea and say get another good S and like R. Jones be that guy although he even took a step back in coverage through.

We need speed on D for sure, it's clear we lack that when facing an O with it.
    I see you follow Chris Kouffman as well

Derwin James or Roqoan have to be the pick. I would love to add something to the offense in the first like Nelson but the talent on defense is too crazy to pass up that early. Both of those guys have some flaws but they're the elite talents that the NFL is looking for now.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast