Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    I'm really intrigued with the idea of drafting Denzel Ward. Howard and Tank are good but not great. They could and should get better but nothing is a definite

I wouldn't hate Ward at all but he's down the list for me. Tank and Howard are fine, the biggest issue with the defense as a whole was scheme and you saw Howard played great once they switched. You can't have enough CBs but you have to imagine you can get more impact from a different pick.

In that Herald article on the interview with Gase, he did say that you should draft a CB every year, just like a QB every year. So Ward would not be a surprise, and I would gladly take his talent on the back end, but I do agree with Kody that there are bigger issues before CB.

Although Ward and Howard for the next 5-8 years would make me reminisce about Surtain and Madison . . .

We can take a CB in the 3rd or 4th. Really feel like we need to take care of LB and TE with the 1st and 2nd round picks. Unless we trade back, then it all changes. I'd also be ok with taking Derwin James in the 1st allowing us to sign a guy like Navorro Bowman to play the run and then when we go to 2 LB looks and have a nickel or 3 safeties in and TJ also play 3 safety looks with TJ McDonald in a Deion Jones for Falcons or Deone Bucannon for the Cardinals or Mark Barron for Bucs kind of role.

As of now I'm hoping for Roquan Smith or Tremaine Edmunds or Derwin James in the 1st and Hayden Hurst/Mark Andrews in the 2nd.
    BRUH

Washington State QB Luke Falk performed well in his workout at the Utah State pro day on Wednesday.

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline offered up a few interesting nuggets regarding Falk, who was forced to throw at Utah State's pro day because Wazzu's own school pro day lacked receivers. Pauline passes along that the 6-foot-4, 224-pounder has only recently been able to start lifting weights, as he had been rehabbing from a left wrist fracture suffered in-season. Not only is that wrist now healed, Falk has also added significant weight over the last two-plus months, putting on 13 pounds since the Senior Bowl. For a quarterback who struggled with injuries (notably concussions) during his time in college, the weight addition is welcome. Falk also did well to squash questions about his arm strength, delivering the ball with zip and closing out pro day via a pair of 65-yard passes. He hit on 51-of-55 tosses overall. Representatives from the Bills, Bengals, Buccaneers, Dolphins and Jets all watched his workout. Miami, in particular, is said to be quite interested in Falk.

Per Rotoworld

I give it a much batter chance we get Falk or Rudolph on day two over a guy in round one.

Yea i still expect them to go QB 3RD or later. Grier wants starters or at the very least guys who can play significant snaps right away in the first two rounds. I feel like Mayfield is the only way we take some in the first but unless we get an incredible deal to move up I don't see him dropping all the way to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I give it a much batter chance we get Falk or Rudolph on day two over a guy in round one.
    I'd love me Rudolph in the 2nd! I mocked him there a couple weeks back, and until we see that run on QBs happen in the top 5, I think he could be there in 2nd rd. I'd take Falk in the 3rd (if available)

3rd round is earliest I would take Randolph or Falk. If either are available in 3rd I would consider them.

I hear (not from the media) that the Dolphins very well may have a deal in place to move up for #4 with Cleveland, if Mayfield or Rosen is available. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I hear (not from the media) that the Dolphins very well may have a deal in place to move up for #4 with Cleveland, if Mayfield or Rosen is available. I like that.
    If the info didn't come from a legit source then it isn't really worth hearing around this time of the year. I follow every source that has legit Phin knowledge and have not heard about that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    If the info didn't come from a legit source then it isn't really worth hearing around this time of the year. I follow every source that has legit Phin knowledge and have not heard about that at all.
    It's a legit source. I know that means nothing if I can't say who it is, but I just thought I'd share what I heard today from a person who is not your average source. Not quite the source I had a couple of years ago, but still more on the inside than most of us, and many media. This guy would not be setting a smoke screen through the channel I got it from. He could be wrong, but it is what he thinks.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 03-30-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Again its insanely hard to believe that we're going to outbid Buffalo for a QB. And if we do it's going to be a huge amount of draft capital for a backup QB.

On the topic of rumors, there's apparently more talk that Minkah Fitzpatrick could drop out of the top 10 and James is creeping into his spot. If Fitzpatrick is there at 11, no matter who else is available, hes going to be at the top of the list. I love James but Fitzpatrick is a much better FS prospect in my mind. James is great in coverage but Fitzpatrick is almost shut down.

After hearing Gase talk we are for sure in the safety market, he wasn't super happy by what he saw with McDonald. Said he wasn't the same as what he saw in preseason. Plus he only has a 2.5M cap hit this year.

I would say that Gase is not going to tell the press that he is interested uniquely in a safety if he is interested in a safety. I have not been paying attention to the public statements, but I would bet they are showing interest in many players in many positions as most teams do this time of year, especially positions of need.
    On the rumor, I agree with Kody that it would take an insane amount of draft capital to stay ahead of the Bills, unless the Bills are not interested in moving up for a QB and would rather build a deep team. Maybe they like a QB they can get on day 2. I have no idea. I am very surprised to hear this rumor because I really thought the highest we would move up would be 6 and only for a QB, but I believe it is a possibility after hearing it from who I heard it from. This guy is being honest but it is possible he is being smoke screened himself. But he has a pretty good idea usually. If he is right this time I will say I heard it from him first. Very interesting anyway.
    I realize I am nobody on this site, having just come along a few months ago, but please understand, I am not a guy who tries to be a big shot or fake anything just to look knowledgeable or in the loop. Like I said, I don't know this guy directly, but my friend of about 10 years who I would say is a pretty big shot with who he is and knows and what he knows about football told me this today so I thought I'd share it. If anyone else told me I wouldn't believe it at all and would not bother passing it along. As I said earlier, he was more connected to the Dolphins a couple of years ago (players, not FO stuff), but he still has somewhat of a neat connection. Not 100% but I thought it was backed enough to pass it on, FWIW.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 03-31-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast