Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    BTW, lovin' the Gore move even more now that I heard his cotract is the vet minimum. Counts only $630 000 against the cap. Great deal. No risk.

Dolphins currently have 5.67mil in cap space.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Fins resigned Sam Young to a one year deal.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Fins resigned Sam Young to a one year deal.
    I'm glad we were able to resign our best RT.

Oline is pretty much set now. Don't need to draft someone as an immediate starter right now so you can go for a developmental guy like Asiata again this year.

Pretty simple. Just need a veteran back up to Tanny for this year and maybe a back up if a qb falls to #11 or we trade up. Shouldn't be much of a deal as he pretty much blows and stole money from the Texans.

Dolphins just signed Brock Oswieler (think that's how you spell his name). I don't want him touching the field at all! Why even sign this bum????

Well, depending on what the GTD money is and how many years etc. Will tell you a lot of how we feel about taking a QB in the draft. Osweiler could've very well been signed to a 2-3M deal but with no signing bonus or GTD money and he could get cut in camp or after the draft. Maybe get a small signing bonus. Better to take the 250K-500K bonus and risk getting cut than waiting for someone to hand him a GTD deal that probably wasn't going to happen considering he was an abortion on the field. Let's wait until more deets come out. Honestly I rather just roll with Fales than him... This is a typical Gase type signing. Clearly didn't learn from blowing 10M damn dollars on Cutler last year.
    BRUH

Oswieler will be a solid backup, nothing not to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Could James still be on the block with Denver for a potential trade of picks and player? He might lessen the blow of losing draft picks somewhat. It's just another scenario, but there have been talks about moving James. Is Denver still in the market for a RT? Tannenbaum likes to appear to know what he is doing by moving around in the draft so I would not rule it out until draft day.
    Interesting thought, but I'd be surprised if they were a trade partner. Considering there's been some buzz that the Broncos may be in the Mayfield sweepstakes, I wouldn't expect for them to trade with us and lose him. Many mocks have a lineman going to Denver, but it's hard to imagine them pulling the trigger on one that early. But if they don't love any of the QBs and need a tackle, then I suppose we could give them James to move up for Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Well, depending on what the GTD money is and how many years etc. Will tell you a lot of how we feel about taking a QB in the draft. Osweiler could've very well been signed to a 2-3M deal but with no signing bonus or GTD money and he could get cut in camp or after the draft. Maybe get a small signing bonus. Better to take the 250K-500K bonus and risk getting cut than waiting for someone to hand him a GTD deal that probably wasn't going to happen considering he was an abortion on the field. Let's wait until more deets come out. Honestly I rather just roll with Fales than him... This is a typical Gase type signing. Clearly didn't learn from blowing 10M damn dollars on Cutler last year.
    Can't imagine that the deal is for much at all (time or money). I believe that we take him on as a vet backup to Tanny, just so we aren't handcuffed with having to move up to land a second QB. He and Fales will compete for the backup role and we still will likely draft a "#3 QB" either way. Rookie QB will be unlikely to see the field in his first year unless something happens to Osweiler/Fales. We are just covering our bases with the signing. I've been anti Osweiler for a while now, but at least Gase knows him and knows how to attempt to use him. I don't hate the signing as long as the numbers don't turn out to be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Oswieler will be a solid backup, nothing not to like.
    I would argue that there's a lot of things not to like about Osweiler. Just one example is his play lol.

I'm still a firm believer that if your starter goes down your ****ed anyways. Last year was the first time multiple backups won over an extended period of time. So if any of our backups touch the field we're in trouble, it doesn't matter if it's Osweiler Fales or Doughty.

Depending on the contract Osweiler might just be a camp body.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    Interesting thought, but I'd be surprised if they were a trade partner. Considering there's been some buzz that the Broncos may be in the Mayfield sweepstakes, I wouldn't expect for them to trade with us and lose him. Many mocks have a lineman going to Denver, but it's hard to imagine them pulling the trigger on one that early. But if they don't love any of the QBs and need a tackle, then I suppose we could give them James to move up for Baker.
    Denver just got Veldheer from the Cardinals for a 6th so I guess that dream is dead anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I would argue that there's a lot of things not to like about Osweiler. Just one example is his play lol.

I'm still a firm believer that if your starter goes down your ****ed anyways. Last year was the first time multiple backups won over an extended period of time. So if any of our backups touch the field we're in trouble, it doesn't matter if it's Osweiler Fales or Doughty.

Depending on the contract Osweiler might just be a camp body.
    I am not a Osweiler fan but many times in history a QB got his chance because the starter got injured and that backup became a respected starter.

Osweiler is fine as a back-up. I'm not worried about that. He got mind f'd when Manning was put back in to the lineup a couple years back while in Denver. He's not a world beater, but I'm okay with that. If Allen doesn't fall to #11, I'd rather just build around Tannehill and stack our defense with blue chip specs this draft, while sprinkling in a TE in there. We have speed on offense, now we need it on defense.

Edmunds or Smith at #11 would be awesome. And if they're not there, I'm grabbing Vea to man the middle of that DL.

Allen for sure won't be there and Phins don't seem to have intrest in him at all. Rosen and Mayfield are the only two they like it seems.

Still on the Vea train huh. I just can't use a top 15 pick on a run stuffing DT, just can't do it. Hurst is my top DT and I would not even take him but if the rest of my guys are gone I'd do it. 3-4 QBs are going infront of us so we will get someone pretty good.

Michael Thomas just signed with the Giants. Too bad, would've liked to see him come back. But there are lots of good safeties still on the market and in the draft.

Osweiler has shown absolutely nothing in the NFL up to now. He hasn't had a single game in his 5 year career where he threw for multiple TDs and 300 yards and pass completion pct over 65%... But he's still relatively young and hopefully Gase can do something with him. As long as it was a cheap deal, I'm perfectly fine with it. I just hate giving 4M+ to these over 30 year old backups that are awful like Henne or Matt Schaub. You already know what they are and what they'll give you. Brock is still 27 so let's hope the best is yet to come and he surprises us if he does end up seeing the field. But let's not forget Foles was a pro-bowler in 2013 and threw for 27 TDs and 2 INTs that season. And they're the same age. So it's not like it came out of nowhere. Brock got a massive deal because of the defense he played on and didn't lose the game for DEN. Can't believe he got paid what he did. Let's hope Brock turns into the next Case Keenum. Fingers crossed.
    BRUH

Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast