Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Yea Rizzle you have been going a little wild with PFF lol. It's nice to look at sometimes but its no where near a end all type of thing. The biggest flaw with that system they use is they grade each player by themselves and how they did. They don't take in account if a guy was supposed to get help and didn't, like a safety over the top for a CB, or a RB/TE chipping a DE for a OL. Or just a really terrible player next two them and they have having to help there mistakes.
    I think one of the other negatives of the grading system is they just give a plus or minus rating for each play. I know the plus or minus goes up to like 2 or something like that. Not the only reason but the game that bothered me was the game we played against the Bengals a few years back when Brent Grimes made that Int and returned it for a TD, that was a well earned INT. That was a game winning play. He doesn't make that play Miami loses that game. PFF gave him a negative rating for that game. Something to be said for the importance of a play that is basically a 14 point swing and the difference of winning or losing a game.

In PFF system a WR could get dominated all game but make 2 long touchdowns and have a negative rating for the game.

In my opinion their overall rating system doesn't work but I just cant get into a system where anyone can be a PFF grader. You just can't have a reliable system where a player is rated on every play on a -2 to +2 scale and the points are then added up to get a final rating.

I do like PFF for some of their other stats that are not based on opinions but based on facts.
    Last edited by Plague; 03-21-2018 at 12:34 AM.

I love prooooooo football focus.
    BRUH

Lb Emmanuel Lamur is signing with the Raiders. He was scheduled to visit this week. Nothing more than a depth guy.

Frank Gore visiting Fins. I floated his name a while ago, UM background, great vet, very reliable and healthy, can do it all. Obvious knock against him is that he's 35... I would prefer DeMarco Murray over Gore at this point no doubt. Gore gives you that stability and gets what's there (did pretty well for several years considering how bad the Colts o-line and offense was with Luck in and out of lineup)

Everyone ready?
    Frank Gore - PFF grade 80.9 (17th HB)
    DeMarco Murray - PFF grade 71.2 (40th HB)

They're both good blocking RBs, but DeMarco has that size factor not to mention even though he's bigger probably still possesses more breakaway speed than Gore. Only problem with DeMarco is that he gets beat up a lot and fades toward the end of the season (most RB's do though if you give them too many carries or if their previous season had 400+ touches. There's been articles done about that). Gore is just that super reliable, nifty, great vision guy that will give it his all and be the ultimate pro.

I prefer DeMarco if they'd both accept the same deal but if we can get Gore at our price 3M, and Murray wants 5-6 or two years, I'm fine with Gore. And we'd still probably draft a RB, don't see Damien Williams coming back. Or maybe bringing in Gore is a way to get Williams and/or Murray to lower their asking prices.
    BRUH

Frank Gore is like 80 years old. I would say no to Frank Gore.

If we sign Gore it'll be essentially for a 1 year deal. He brings leadership, experience and respect to the locker room. You're not investing much in him so I don't have a problem with it.

Team clearly wants a vet RB. Might as well bring in a hometown legend who can still run well.

Btw we're also meeting with Brock Osweiler today so yea....

All these visits could also just be seen as kicking the tires and seeing what's available, what they're looking for. If they're open to signing a super team friendly deal I'm sure they'd be signed but they'll probably wait until after the draft or injuries to strike and hold out for more. It's a mutually beneficial thing. We get face time with them, see what they want, see how the coaches like them, and they get to stir the pot for their market and use it as leverage in other negotiations etc. If we don't get a guy like Baker Mayfield or Rudolph for instance, I can see Osweiler coming in as the backup (hope not). But if we do draft one of those guys, for sure we just keep Fales and RT will be the defacto veteran. The dude is 30 after all. Think a veteran RB signing is likely though unless Damien comes crawling back and takes 1-1.5M and we draft a rookie.
    BRUH

Pretty wild trade that the Bucs got JPP from the Giants. Bucs defensive line got much improved by signing Vinny Curry and now trading for JPP to add to McCoy. David Gettleman said he got an offer he couldn't refuse in trading JPP away, which is a 3rd round pick. Not sure that qualifies as a trade he couldn't refuse for a top end DE... They also swapped 4ths which moved the Giants back a handful of spots. JPP is making about 14-15M but has nothing guaranteed on the two years after this season.

We got Robert Quinn for a 4th round pick but we also moved back a decent amount in the 6th. Those move backs aren't very valuable, so let's just say Bucs got JPP for a 3rd and we got Quinn for a 4th. Quinn makes a little less at 11-12M and no GTD money on his deal next year. Quinn is cheaper and we gave up less but JPP has an extra year of control. I wonder who will come out ahead in these trades...
    BRUH

Roto blurb -
    Chiefs will sign RB Damien Williams, formerly of the Dolphins.

Williams, 26, spent his first four NFL seasons in Miami after going undrafted out of Oklahoma, managing 3.6 career yards per carry but showing passing-down chops with 85 receptions. In Kansas City, Williams figures to battle Charcandrick West for one roster spot behind Kareem Hunt and Spencer Ware.
    BRUH

https://t.co/F4FjXxLDmM

Frank Gore signs one year deal with Dolphins. I'm happy with this, good locker room guy. He'll be able to help the younger rb's.

I'm really happy we got Gore and not Murray. Much cheaper and I know he is ancient for a running back, but he does have a pretty crazy training regimen IIRC. A guy who has been this good for this long must also have a strict diet and takes good care of himself in general with rest and who knows what other methods? So although I would not expect him to carry 300 times without being hurt, I think he is a great addition to the room and a mentor for Drake and maybe a late round thumper we draft, which I think must be the plan.

With the Dolphins seemingly being in love with Mayfield. Does anyone feel the Dolphins are blowing smoke up the league's ***? I'm starting to get worried they have plans to move up and what it will cost.

Was just about to say that I hope we land Gore...think it would be a solid vet signing. Never mind; didn't realize that it already happened.

I think the love for Mayfield is real and a move up for him is possible. But looking at the draft order, I'm not sure that we will need to move up for one of the top QBs. I'm reading more and more that the Browns like Darnold (not completely sure why) and the Jets like Rosen. The big question then becomes "what will the Broncos do?". If they take a QB (let's say Allen), then we will be in full panic mode. Our eyes will be locked on the Bills. The Bills will have to move up for Mayfield because he's ours otherwise (in this scenario).

To move into legit striking range, I think we would need to get to 6 (with a trade with the Colts). Value-wise, our second round pick would be more than enough to get us there (we may even get a pick in return...or we could package a couple of late picks with our 3rd potentially). If Mayfield is still there after Denver picks, then I could see us pulling the trigger. If they really like the player that much, then is a 3rd and 6th (for example) too much to spend on a potential franchise QB? I don't believe so. Even if we straight up sent our 2nd pick to move up, then it still wouldn't be a huge price in the grand scheme of things.

Still though, there looks to be a chance of Mayfield falling to us if we stand pat. The Giants trade of JPP means a likely Chubb draft rather than a QB. So it is possible that we sit still and get our guy. But the Bills are our nemesis here (and possibly even the Cardinals). That being the case, I think we sit back and watch the first five picks...then strike if our boy is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    Was just about to say that I hope we land Gore...think it would be a solid vet signing. Never mind; didn't realize that it already happened.

I think the love for Mayfield is real and a move up for him is possible. But looking at the draft order, I'm not sure that we will need to move up for one of the top QBs. I'm reading more and more that the Browns like Darnold (not completely sure why) and the Jets like Rosen. The big question then becomes "what will the Broncos do?". If they take a QB (let's say Allen), then we will be in full panic mode. Our eyes will be locked on the Bills. The Bills will have to move up for Mayfield because he's ours otherwise (in this scenario).

To move into legit striking range, I think we would need to get to 6 (with a trade with the Colts). Value-wise, our second round pick would be more than enough to get us there (we may even get a pick in return...or we could package a couple of late picks with our 3rd potentially). If Mayfield is still there after Denver picks, then I could see us pulling the trigger. If they really like the player that much, then is a 3rd and 6th (for example) too much to spend on a potential franchise QB? I don't believe so. Even if we straight up sent our 2nd pick to move up, then it still wouldn't be a huge price in the grand scheme of things.

Still though, there looks to be a chance of Mayfield falling to us if we stand pat. The Giants trade of JPP means a likely Chubb draft rather than a QB. So it is possible that we sit still and get our guy. But the Bills are our nemesis here (and possibly even the Cardinals). That being the case, I think we sit back and watch the first five picks...then strike if our boy is available.
    Could James still be on the block with Denver for a potential trade of picks and player? He might lessen the blow of losing draft picks somewhat. It's just another scenario, but there have been talks about moving James. Is Denver still in the market for a RT? Tannenbaum likes to appear to know what he is doing by moving around in the draft so I would not rule it out until draft day.

Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast