Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Mayfield pushes the ball but doesn't throw aton of 50/50 balls that result in turnovers. I don't view him as a gunslinger at all.

Apparently throwing deep is now the equivalent of being a gunslinger in today's NFL.

If that's true then Tannehill was one of the best gunslingers in the NFL in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Come on man, Ebron is 24 and his best football is yet to come and you're comparing him to oft/heavily/always/consistently injured Julius Thomas that runs like he's in quicksand and 29 (although he moves like a 40 year old).

I think it was a good signing for a team that has cap space to pair with Jack Doyle. 2 years for 15M with incentives, wonder what's guaranteed. If his guaranteed deal is 2/12M, gladly would've given him that.
    Ebron is a lazy route runner, doesn't play big, isn't aggressive at the catch point and has drop problems. Tell me how that's nothing like Julius Thomas? Only difference is that Thomas is slower.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 03-20-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kendawg73 View Post
    If you are going to compare Moore and Mayfield, it has to be done at the college level and Moore is nowhere close to Mayfield as far as production.

Mayfield may be a "gunslinger" but he is accurate as he'll! Accuracy is my #1 concern in my opinion, not arm strength, which isn't a concern anyway. Dolphins take a majority of their snaps in shotgun formation, so I don't see his height as a problem either. I would take Mayfield if he is there!
    I never said anything about production just style.

Heights always a problem since even in the shotgun you will be throwing over defensive linemans heads. Unless you are saying lineman will never get close to Mayfield because he is in the shotgun which I will say that has never been the case with any other QB in NFL history.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Apparently throwing deep is now the equivalent of being a gunslinger in today's NFL.

If that's true then Tannehill was one of the best gunslingers in the NFL in 2016.

Ebron is a lazy route runner, doesn't play big, isn't aggressive at the catch point and has drop problems. Tell me how that's nothing like Julius Thomas? Only difference is that Thomas is slower.
    Statistically Tannehill was middle of the league in 2016 when it comes to passes attempted and distance.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/...throw-distance

Marcedes Lewis was just cut by the Jaguars. Curiously enough he had a 77.9 grade with PFF, good for 9th overall. And they made that move because they signed ASJ and Niles Paul who both graded out #44 or worse with grades under 50... go figure. Lewis was never very good but was always very solid blocking and a big body to catch balls and moved decently. Wouldn't mind him at all as a cheap signing. Definitely better than Dickson or Fasano or Dion Sims in my book. Weird to cut a guy that's been with you for 12 years and was still performing above avg on the field. Definitely feels like a 'the grass is always greener' type of situation.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I just think Ebron's best football is ahead of him and TE is a tough position to learn and a change of scenery could definitely help him. Admittedly I didn't watch too much of Ebron during the season and he's gone to the Colts so... oh well.

In other news I haven't seen anyone comment on, Demarco Murray left Miami without a contract. Apparently Fins only wanted him at our price (3M?) and he's looking for a lot more (probably 5-6M range). Players like him and Bowman would be nice add ons depending on who we draft and if those holes are still there. Still some solid depth for safeties and DT's in Free Agency waiting to be signed. Even a few LB's.
    BRUH

I just think Ebron's best football is ahead of him and TE is a tough position to learn and a change of scenery could definitely help him. Admittedly I didn't watch too much of Ebron during the season and he's gone to the Colts so... oh well.

In other news I haven't seen anyone comment on, Demarco Murray left Miami without a contract. Apparently Fins only wanted him at our price (3M?) and he's looking for a lot more (probably 5-6M range). Players like him and Bowman would be nice add ons depending on who we draft and if those holes are still there. Still some solid depth for safeties and DT's in Free Agency waiting to be signed. Even a few LB's.
    There's really nothing there with Ebron man. Stafford isn't the best QB for him since he likes to force difficult catches, but Ebrons best skills are being big and kinda fast. He was a decent option just because he fit exactly what Gase wanted in Thomas, but neither are really good at that.

At this point I don't really see them going after a LB in FA. There's not really anyone available who can cover well and that's really what the Dolphins are looking for. Plus Barry Jackson reported that they like the depth with Anthony and Chase Allen. So they've got 4 of them they like and like the options in the draft, so it doesn't really look like they're trying to add right now.

This is exactly what I was hoping on Murray. That the Dolphins didn't sign him and that they stuck to a low price for him. I'd much rather take a RB in the second half of the draft and save the cap room and probably get decent production.

Marcedes Lewis was just cut by the Jaguars. Curiously enough he had a 77.9 grade with PFF, good for 9th overall. And they made that move because they signed ASJ and Niles Paul who both graded out #44 or worse with grades under 50... go figure. Lewis was never very good but was always very solid blocking and a big body to catch balls and moved decently. Wouldn't mind him at all as a cheap signing. Definitely better than Dickson or Fasano or Dion Sims in my book. Weird to cut a guy that's been with you for 12 years and was still performing above avg on the field. Definitely feels like a 'the grass is always greener' type of situation.
    PFF rankings are worthless. The only qualifications you need to be a PFF grader is you need to have a DVR, have access to record the games, and have a couple of free hours each week. Almost everyone on this forum qualifies to be part of the PFF grading.

Yea Rizzle you have been going a little wild with PFF lol. It's nice to look at sometimes but its no where near a end all type of thing. The biggest flaw with that system they use is they grade each player by themselves and how they did. They don't take in account if a guy was supposed to get help and didn't, like a safety over the top for a CB, or a RB/TE chipping a DE for a OL. Or just a really terrible player next two them and they have having to help there mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I never said anything about production just style.

Heights always a problem since even in the shotgun you will be throwing over defensive linemans heads. Unless you are saying lineman will never get close to Mayfield because he is in the shotgun which I will say that has never been the case with any other QB in NFL history.
    In shotgun, you can get a better look at the defense, then under center. He also has a high release when passing the football. You teach a QB to look through the splits of the defensive line, not over.

Pretty sure I saw someone say Mayfield never had a single tipped or batted pass in his college career. Elite guys who are on the shorter side learn to find the passing windows. Brees and Wilson get by just fine, hell his rookie year 6 foot 5 Tannehill might had more batted passes than both of those guys combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Pretty sure I saw someone say Mayfield never had a single tipped or batted pass in his college career. Elite guys who are on the shorter side learn to find the passing windows. Brees and Wilson get by just fine, hell his rookie year 6 foot 5 Tannehill might had more batted passes than both of those guys combined.
    He may have had more his first game of his rookie year than those guys combined all season. He had a handful that game against JJ Swatt and the Texans. Anyone remember?

Wilson's contract info was released. Looks like he'll count as just under 5 million this year and just under 8 next year.
    http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...442479780803-4

Amendola's also came out, it's 2yr/12M. He didn't get a signing bonus so it's pretty much a one year $6M deal. The extras in it are unkown so we don't know what it takes from him to get another few million.

Wilson's deal breaks down to a 2 year $14M-ish deal. He is locked in for 18' and 19'.

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast