Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by krest213 View Post
    fact lmao

Yall remember when i thought Patrick Turner was a thing SMH lol
    good time i miss the activity, of the forums. we were alll the way in
    LMAO
    I legit forgot Patrick Turner existed. Thanks for bringing that back into my life. We were all so hyped for him and then after he was gone it was those two Undrafted WRs. It was Marlon Moore and someone else who I was gong crazy for but he never saw the field lol.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I legit thought he was going to atleast good in the redzone due to his size but he just lacked any speed to separate. He ran a 40 in 4.59 at 6'5 220lbs, Gesicki ran a 4.54 at 6'6 254lbs.

Sorry to change the topic and put a damper on this stroll down memory lane, but read something in the Palm Beach Post that I thought was interesting. That McMillan is getting close to see the practice field and Matt Burke has already decided that he's going to put him in right away at MLB. One can assume Kiko will play SLB and Baker WLB. This also keeps McMillan playing next to Baker. Just thought it was interesting because last year a lot was made out of Kiko's desire to remain at MLB and last year he got it and struggled (the Timmons liability thing can only go so far) so just thought it was different to have Burke come out and already make it official. And I would think Anthony would come in to spell him on any reps at MLB instead of shifting Kiko around.

Rizzi, please keep studs off your kickoff coverage units. Thank you.
    BRUH

McMillan was going to play MLB last year before he got hurt, they loved what they saw when he was there so I don't see it being a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Sorry to change the topic and put a damper on this stroll down memory lane, but read something in the Palm Beach Post that I thought was interesting. That McMillan is getting close to see the practice field and Matt Burke has already decided that he's going to put him in right away at MLB. One can assume Kiko will play SLB and Baker WLB. This also keeps McMillan playing next to Baker. Just thought it was interesting because last year a lot was made out of Kiko's desire to remain at MLB and last year he got it and struggled (the Timmons liability thing can only go so far) so just thought it was different to have Burke come out and already make it official. And I would think Anthony would come in to spell him on any reps at MLB instead of shifting Kiko around.

Rizzi, please keep studs off your kickoff coverage units. Thank you.
    I don't think Baker is going to start to begin the season. I think Anthony will win it in TC. Anthony has so much speed, its just disgusting. I hope he shows his potential at either SLB or WLB this season and MIA can resign him, cause Anthony and Baker on the outside in 2019 would just be stupid fast!

And I can see Anthony playing MLB in nickel and dime packages as well. The guy has the speed to stay with TEs'. Our LBers and DBs have some serious speed now. I can't believe that we are finally building a 'fast' defense . . . makes my eyes tear up man lol

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I don't think Baker is going to start to begin the season. I think Anthony will win it in TC. Anthony has so much speed, its just disgusting. I hope he shows his potential at either SLB or WLB this season and MIA can resign him, cause Anthony and Baker on the outside in 2019 would just be stupid fast!

And I can see Anthony playing MLB in nickel and dime packages as well. The guy has the speed to stay with TEs'. Our LBers and DBs have some serious speed now. I can't believe that we are finally building a 'fast' defense . . . makes my eyes tear up man lol
    Yea, I'm excited about it also. But a fast LB core can get run on at times. Just hope our D-Line holds up. We might be a bend don't break type defense, focusing on creating sacks and turnovers with the speed and putting the offense in unfavorable positions or situations.
    BRUH

Yea, I'm excited about it also. But a fast LB core can get run on at times. Just hope our D-Line holds up. We might be a bend don't break type defense, focusing on creating sacks and turnovers with the speed and putting the offense in unfavorable positions or situations.
    And of course faked on misdirections. Not worried about McMIllan, but how are the instincts of the other guys?

It's going to be weird how the LB core looks. They don't really have any SLB options outside of Chase Allen or McMillan. Although one thing to keep in mind that all the talk going into camp last year was that the LB's would be all over the place. So I wouldn't be surprised to see Kiko man the MLB spot at times. The biggest thing for me though is getting Baker on the field. Kiko's only here for another year unless he plays well this year and Baker fixes one of the biggest problems on the defense in pass coverage. Get him the experience. I think Kiko can do a good enough job at SLB to at least not be terrible.

I'm hoping that Raekwon comes back healthy...

Charles Clay wasn't the ideal TE, but Tannehill definitely liked him as a target... Gesicki should be the ideal TE target for Tannehill...

I don't see Phillips becoming the player everyone has been expecting... I actually think Godchaux will be the best DT on the Phins going forward... He won't ever be a Suh, but if the LB core and secondary can play solid, the D-Line should be good... I guess that is a duh statement...

IMO, Parker is the one guy that needs to be close to elite for the Phins... I'm not a complete fan of the WR core...
    Last edited by Forever35; 05-15-2018 at 08:10 AM.
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I'm hoping that Raekwon comes back healthy...

Charles Clay wasn't the ideal TE, but Tannehill definitely liked him as a target... Gesicki should be the ideal TE target for Tannehill...

I don't see Phillips becoming the player everyone has been expecting... I actually think Godchaux will be the best DT on the Phins going forward... He won't ever be a Suh, but if the LB core and secondary can play solid, the D-Line should be good... I guess that is a duh statement...

IMO, Parker is the one guy that needs to be close to elite for the Phins... I'm not a complete fan of the WR core...
    I don't know, but I have a better feeling about Phillips emerging than Parker. I almost wonder if Parker will be on the team for the year. Both suffer from different forms of immaturity. Phillips just hasn't bothered to get in good enough shape to be elite, but if somebody spoke with him and got him eating right and exercising, I think he's a very very good DT for us. I think his contract year is still a year away, but knowing this is his chance to look even more valuable (for 2 years instead of just a contract year) he may be motivated. I think he is inconsistent mostly just because he is out of shape and gets tired. Parker on the other hand, needs a total overhaul in training, diet, rest and then he might avoid the nagging injuries that always slow him down, if he ever really gets started. He also has skinny legs, from the knee down if you look and doesn't he often have an ankle or some lower leg thing on top of the back issue? But he is in a contract year now,so if he is ever going to get motivated it would be now.
    Both need to basically prepare better though.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-15-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Parker isnt going anywhere. They wouldn't have picked up his option if he was in hot water.

Phillip's is really frustrating because the past two years hes been playing great at the end of the year, but hes terrible the first half. Hes shown at times the ability to be a great 3 Tech player but he can also eat up blocks. If hes consistent then he can be a good player in the league, but it's hard to trust him at this point. DT is honestly the weakest spot on the roster and it's just because we have no long term quality players.

But with that said, I'm not counting on Phillip's to be a stud for us. If he can put up 30 good snaps he'll be a quality player for us. I'm really excited about seeing more of Taylor because he was great in the limited snaps last year.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 05-15-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Just to be clear because North stipulated that he thought this might be Jordan Phillip's 3rd year, it not. It's his 4th and contract year, he was drafted in the 2nd after Parker was taken in the 1st. We've known this about him the entire time. He shows flashes of talent and dominance and then takes 2-3 series off and you can't even see him on the field. He's been like that even on college game tape. Sometimes we need to stop making excuses for these players and just accept them for what they are. He's been the same player going on 5-6 years now. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck and walks like a duck... it's a duck. Parker has tons of talent and he keeps getting nagging injuries, so I keep holding out hope for him, although he could very well just be one of those players that can't ever stay healthy. If we want to even sniff the playoffs we would definitely need both of them to step up in a big way. I just think it's more likely just by playing the odds that Parker finally has a somewhat healthy season than Phillips somehow changing his game and drive and style. I do like Taylor and Godcheaux. Very solid late round picks.

The hope is now with Hayes healthy, Harris taking a step in development and addition of Quinn (which means less Branch). We will play better run defense from the DE position. And adding McMillan, Baker, Anthony will be an upgrade on Chase Allen and Timmons. And those moves will more than makeup for the departure of Suh and we will play better as a team and system on run defense. Still think we'll be a slightly worse than average team in terms of yards 16-20th range on a per play average but will be a bend don't break and live with sacks, fumbles and INT's and tackles in the back field and putting offense in tough 3rd downs and living off turnovers.
    BRUH

I don't see this team making the playoffs let alone have a 1st rd pick out of the top 10... IMO, that's not a bad thing... They're young... They're loaded with 4yrs or less experienced players... Tannehill will have a vet line to work with... That should also help Drake... IMO, this is the roster that Gase (not Tannebumm) wants to work with... Honestly, I think Parker and Phillips won't be in Miami next season... The last of the Gase purge... I also believe Gase will use the 19' draft to beef up the offense... I see him taking his franchise stud WR in the 1st...

I'm thinking next season is the one they should make the playoffs... The WR core needs to be figured out this season though... If Gesicki and Tannehill get it going, That's going to be a very good combo next season...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Just to be clear because North stipulated that he thought this might be Jordan Phillip's 3rd year, it not. It's his 4th and contract year, he was drafted in the 2nd after Parker was taken in the 1st. We've known this about him the entire time. He shows flashes of talent and dominance and then takes 2-3 series off and you can't even see him on the field. He's been like that even on college game tape. Sometimes we need to stop making excuses for these players and just accept them for what they are. He's been the same player going on 5-6 years now. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck and walks like a duck... it's a duck. Parker has tons of talent and he keeps getting nagging injuries, so I keep holding out hope for him, although he could very well just be one of those players that can't ever stay healthy. If we want to even sniff the playoffs we would definitely need both of them to step up in a big way. I just think it's more likely just by playing the odds that Parker finally has a somewhat healthy season than Phillips somehow changing his game and drive and style. I do like Taylor and Godcheaux. Very solid late round picks.

The hope is now with Hayes healthy, Harris taking a step in development and addition of Quinn (which means less Branch). We will play better run defense from the DE position. And adding McMillan, Baker, Anthony will be an upgrade on Chase Allen and Timmons. And those moves will more than makeup for the departure of Suh and we will play better as a team and system on run defense. Still think we'll be a slightly worse than average team in terms of yards 16-20th range on a per play average but will be a bend don't break and live with sacks, fumbles and INT's and tackles in the back field and putting offense in tough 3rd downs and living off turnovers.
    I didn't know Phillips was that way in college to be fair.
    One thing I have to say about Parker's nagging injuries is that they go back to at least his senior year with the foot don't they? At some point the "duck" theory has to apply to him as well. He has been noted as not being very mature in his preparation for his job. That leads to those injuries. Even if it was not preparation, at some point we have to realize that maybe he just has a certain body type (one that gets injured a lot). Branden Albert is a case in point. He was a great player and great leader who took football very seriously. But when the Dolphins acquired him I remember looking back at his history of not playing a complete season for quite a few years before coming to us, so I expected him to miss a few each year. Of course he did as you know and probably expected as well. Duck. That doesn't mean he wasn't good for this team, I just think you have to expect an injury prone player to remain that way after a certain point, much like you say for a player who is not driven. I should also say I have been a big Parker supporter up until the end of last year. I guess I am learning to expect less, while I hope for the best.
    If Phillips has nothing on the line this year I expect him to remain under motivated. If there is ever to be a year where he may come out of it, I think it would be when he has a contract at stake. I was just comparing the 2 players as they were brought up in the same post above mine. I personally do not expect a whole lot of improvement from either although it would be welcome.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-16-2018 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I don't see this team making the playoffs let alone have a 1st rd pick out of the top 10... IMO, that's not a bad thing... They're young... They're loaded with 4yrs or less experienced players... Tannehill will have a vet line to work with... That should also help Drake... IMO, this is the roster that Gase (not Tannebumm) wants to work with... Honestly, I think Parker and Phillips won't be in Miami next season... The last of the Gase purge... I also believe Gase will use the 19' draft to beef up the offense... I see him taking his franchise stud WR in the 1st...

I'm thinking next season is the one they should make the playoffs... The WR core needs to be figured out this season though... If Gesicki and Tannehill get it going, That's going to be a very good combo next season...
    See I'm the complete opposite on the offense. I think this will be the best offense we've had in years and it's in large part because of the WR core. I wasn't the biggest Landry fan largely because of his inability to create separation by himself. I mean just go and watch all of the TD's he scored last year. The vast majority of his TD's were schemed open by Gase. Now you add a player who was used almost identically in KC but he could also flex outside and create separation against press. You also add Amendola into the group where he will bring consistency and the knack to create easy throws for the QB. On top of that both of them are within the top 12 in first down conversions whereas Landry was ranked in the 80's. We were more likely to convert a 3rd down throwing away from Landry then we were to convert if we threw it to him. The number 1 problem with the offense for years has been the consistency and the lack of long drives. Gase can scheme TD's easily, but now that we have two WR's that can keep the ball moving then you will see us get to the Red Zone easier.

But even outside of the better WR play, the improved TE play will be huge. Warren Sharp actually tweeted this a few hours ago "The last 2 yrs, on each down, passes to TEs deliver the most success. Absolutely NEED to let those skilled TEs just play catch. Play more 2TE sets. Passes to TEs from 2TE sets are the most efficient passes to TEs: 55% success, 7.6 YPA, 101 RTG including 57% success on early dwns." Gase obviously loves his TE's so having Geiski and Smythe on the team now will be huge.

Add that to the best OLine Tannehill has had for years and 3 talented RB's who can help in the passing game and I think the Offense can average 25 points a game.

Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast