Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 27 of 62 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 921
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    27,628
    Mathews was the top guy in FA that I liked but his injury history is the issue with him.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,003
    Wilson forced 2 less missed tackles last season than landry on 70 less catches.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,156
    Albert Wilson is a ok WR. I would take him if the price is right. He is no Jarvis Landry.

    I lost confidence in Gase last season. I put last seasons bad year on him. I felt he made bad decisions. There is something about Gase that screams big ego. I felt last season it was his way even if it meant losing games. His only saving grace to me is inexperience and age and maybe he will learn and improve his negative areas. I also don't care for his conservative gameplanning.
    Last edited by Plague; 03-12-2018 at 11:22 PM.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,003
    I really like Wilson as a signing. 25 years old and still fast as he'll. Reid used him in a lot of gimmick ways like we did with Landry and he performed great if not better. He's not the tough guy like Landry but he's elusive.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Armando is reporting that the Dolphins want to keep James and have offered him a contract. James wants to stay with the Dolphins but the Dolphins want him at their price. They expect him to take a home town discount and if not then they will cut him. Apparently the contract is a significant cut on his cap hit.
    That's good news. It means they see through the illusion.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    27,628
    Arob getting 14M a year and Watkins getting 16M a year. Landry would of gotten his 14-15M he wanted with ease.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,018
    LOL, that is dumb money for hurt WRs'. Yeah, Landry would have gotten his money for sure, now the Browns know the market value and I'm sure as heck glad its them having to give that deal to Landry and not the Phins. Stills contract looks pretty damn solid now. Imagine if Parker blows up this year like he was supposed to last year? That would be our $15M guy right there.

    Keenum to DEN still means they are probably going to take a QB at #5. If Cousins does go to MIN, then all four top QBs' are gone in the top 6 lol. Some talent will be falling our way.

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    275
    Miami is signing Albert Wilson 3 yr $24 mil according to rap sheet.

    Not bad but not great. Sounds like he is more appreciated by people in the league than fans.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,018
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Miami is signing Albert Wilson 3 yr $24 mil according to rap sheet.

    Not bad but not great. Sounds like he is more appreciated by people in the league than fans.
    Fraction of the talent of Landry, at a fraction of the cost as well. you get what you are willing to pay for, but I also wasn't willing to pay Landry $15M. This regime shows 0 confidence in Carroo. I thought Carroo would be good in the NFL. Oops.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,873
    Fins probably think they got better at the position while paying someone half what they would've had to pay Landry and also got draft picks out of the deal. Which I'm not going to argue too much about because coaches want who they want and they need to find players that fit their scheme and this also had a lot to do about the locker room and attitude. We've all heard how Gase would often be pissed at Landry because of the depth of his routes or wouldn't run what was called and he was a hot head.

    I'll never get over this Suh releas however. Unreal.
    BRUH

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    27,628
    Half the cost of Landry and he will give us well over half of Landrys production.

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Fins probably think they got better at the position while paying someone half what they would've had to pay Landry and also got draft picks out of the deal. Which I'm not going to argue too much about because coaches want who they want and they need to find players that fit their scheme and this also had a lot to do about the locker room and attitude. We've all heard how Gase would often be pissed at Landry because of the depth of his routes or wouldn't run what was called and he was a hot head.

    I'll never get over this Suh releas however. Unreal.
    We need to get out of some of these bad contracts. We have so much money tied up in our D line and particularly Suh. He plays hard and is a great DT, but he is still a DT. I like the new philosophy if it is a philosophy and not just moving and blaming players. I think it is smarter to get 3/4 of the production at DT for much less than 3/4 the price and spend the bigger money on key positions like shutdown corners, QB's LT's pass rushers, etc.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    27,628
    Parkey is signing with the Bears so we need a new Kicker for like the 5 year in a row.

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    We need to get out of some of these bad contracts. We have so much money tied up in our D line and particularly Suh. He plays hard and is a great DT, but he is still a DT. I like the new philosophy if it is a philosophy and not just moving and blaming players. I think it is smarter to get 3/4 of the production at DT for much less than 3/4 the price and spend the bigger money on key positions like shutdown corners, QB's LT's pass rushers, etc.
    Not sure y'all are realizing how much dead cap Suh is costing us. We are paying him 9M to not be on this team this year. And the 17M only becomes available after June 1st, so I guess we'll use that to sign our draft picks and address any injuries and roll over whatever is left. OverTheCap has Suh costing us 9M in dead money next year 2019 and 4M in dead money in 2020. Another article I read said it was only next year and would cost us 13M which would make it the 3rd highest cap hit on the team. Any way you cut it, we have a top 5 cap hit on our entire team for a player not on the damn roster. This move should've waited another year, Suh gave us 3 of the best years of his career.
    Either way it's a lot of money to be paying someone to not be playing for you.
    What's better spent with 17M. Ready? Suh or Pouncey and Albert Wilson. same cost. You're crazy if you don't pick Suh. Top 5 interior defender that hasn't missed a single game and consistently a beast. But hey, his attitude wasn't good and not a vocal leader.
    BRUH

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,003
    I don't think people are as excited about Wilson as they should be. I honestly think he's going to help the offense more than Landry did just because he's more versatile. Just need to see how much gtd money he gets.

    Apparently we are mainly focused on Ed Dickson right now. Not a great signing and likely means a rookie TE early but he's at least a better 2nd TE than Fasano.

    Really don't understand letting Parody go unless the Bears paid him crazy money.

Page 27 of 62 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •