Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Forgot about Quinn. He will help. Although I am still not excited about our front 4 generating pressure consistently. Better choose our blitzes wisely and mix it up through the season.
    McCain is really good at CB blitzes. And adding Minkah to the equation is even better because he can blitz as well. Our LBer unit is not going to be great at blitzing this year, but give Baker some reps on 3rd down and he can surprise.

Even RJ and TJ can contribute. I think our blitz packages will be enhanced just because of Minkah.

Don't discredit Hayes being able to bring pressure up the middle on passing downs either. I think we're going to be better than anyone will anticipate.

We've literally set up a unit of great blitzers. Kiko and Baker are both very good at Blitzing and Raekwon isnt terrible either. Plus Minkah, Bobby, McDonald and Reshad are fantastic at it. Add that into the fact that our dline is designed to focus on pass rush and the biggest problem with the group is the lack of run stopping ability.

The other thing to focus on is that if the offense can FINALLY get off to a good start then that will help a lot. If they play with a lead then they'll be so much better.

Gase talked a bit today but there wasnt a lot to talk about. He said TJ isnt moving to LB so he'll be a Hybrid Safety and maybe the base becomes a 4-2-5. The only other thing is that he said hes comfortable with the QB room and there wont be another Cutler like move if Tannehill were to go down.

Other than that the big thing is that he said he feels like this is the closest the team has been to his dream scenario when he originally came here. So hes finally admitting that he tried to build the team around these guys he had in 2016 since they won but it just didnt work out. So instead of keeping players that dont fit them go and build it the way you want.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I read that McDonald won't be officially moved to LB, but that it's likely he will be on the field with Jones and Minkah at the same time in multiple packages.

Also, another interesting tidbit on Gesicki:

▪ ​ Pro Football Focus’ Sam Monson lists tight end Mike Gesicki, the Dolphins’ second-round pick, as one of the top five candidates for Offensive Rookie of the Year, with quarterbacks Baker Mayfield (Cleveland) and Sam Darnold (Jets), running back Saquon Barkley (Giants) and receiver Calvin Ridley (Falcons).

Monson’s take: “Mike Gesicki put together one of the greatest workout displays at the NFL Scouting Combine that the event has ever hosted. He is every bit the athlete that Barkley is, and that next-level athleticism shows up on tape, but he was underused at Penn State. He can be a red-zone weapon, but also has the dynamism to stretch the seam and make plays after the catch, and with Miami’s offense he could be fed the ball a lot. Last season, Gesicki dropped just 3-of-60 catchable targets and scored more touchdowns from the slot than all but two other tight ends in the nation.”

(Soapbox rant) - I still just don't see how people are slamming our draft. I've come to realize that those grading us poorly have (use) ONE argument. "What if Tannehill doesn't work out? They better take one of the top 4 QBs by any means necessary...no matter what!" Then we didn't do that, so we get an "F" by those same "analysts/gurus". It literally means NOTHING to them that we added some of the top talent in the draft...amazing value at positions of need in nearly every round. It was QB or bust with them, so they scream to the world how bad we are. Maybe they shouldn't suck so badly at their jobs? Those that have eyes and brains have pointed out that we had one of the better drafts in the league (and arguably the best in the AFC East). Man the media drives me crazy in their negativity towards the Phins.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    McCain is really good at CB blitzes. And adding Minkah to the equation is even better because he can blitz as well. Our LBer unit is not going to be great at blitzing this year, but give Baker some reps on 3rd down and he can surprise.

Even RJ and TJ can contribute. I think our blitz packages will be enhanced just because of Minkah.

Don't discredit Hayes being able to bring pressure up the middle on passing downs either. I think we're going to be better than anyone will anticipate.
    It'll definitely be creative. We have used more DB blitzes since Gase arrived. I don't know if that was the DC or Gase's influence or the personnel they inherited, but it has been noticeable I think. I agree Minkah does help you with blitzing from the secondary, whether he is blitzing or sliding into a vacated spot to cover for a blitzing DB.

cant wait for the season to begins..
    hopefull we hype up this board again...

PS: what happen to everyone that was this forum
    whe PSD dolphins forum rated top form

NO hunger Foul
    Highest scoring points
    regular season Champ
    2012 PSD Fantasy football Champion

No Hunger Foul
    2x Def-con1 Squad Champion(1000$ League)
    Highest scoring points
    2011 and 2012 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    I read that McDonald won't be officially moved to LB, but that it's likely he will be on the field with Jones and Minkah at the same time in multiple packages.

Also, another interesting tidbit on Gesicki:

▪ ​ Pro Football Focus’ Sam Monson lists tight end Mike Gesicki, the Dolphins’ second-round pick, as one of the top five candidates for Offensive Rookie of the Year, with quarterbacks Baker Mayfield (Cleveland) and Sam Darnold (Jets), running back Saquon Barkley (Giants) and receiver Calvin Ridley (Falcons).

Monson’s take: “Mike Gesicki put together one of the greatest workout displays at the NFL Scouting Combine that the event has ever hosted. He is every bit the athlete that Barkley is, and that next-level athleticism shows up on tape, but he was underused at Penn State. He can be a red-zone weapon, but also has the dynamism to stretch the seam and make plays after the catch, and with Miami’s offense he could be fed the ball a lot. Last season, Gesicki dropped just 3-of-60 catchable targets and scored more touchdowns from the slot than all but two other tight ends in the nation.”

(Soapbox rant) - I still just don't see how people are slamming our draft. I've come to realize that those grading us poorly have (use) ONE argument. "What if Tannehill doesn't work out? They better take one of the top 4 QBs by any means necessary...no matter what!" Then we didn't do that, so we get an "F" by those same "analysts/gurus". It literally means NOTHING to them that we added some of the top talent in the draft...amazing value at positions of need in nearly every round. It was QB or bust with them, so they scream to the world how bad we are. Maybe they shouldn't suck so badly at their jobs? Those that have eyes and brains have pointed out that we had one of the better drafts in the league (and arguably the best in the AFC East). Man the media drives me crazy in their negativity towards the Phins.
    To their argument, I say "Who cares if Tannehill doesn't work out?"

After this draft we have much less competition for drafting a qb early, if need be.
    Cards, Jets, Bills, Browns, Ravens and Steelers all took qbs early so they won't be drafting one early next season. Less competition for Miami if we need 1, which I think we will.

AND

IF this was a very good draft for us and Tannehill doesn't workout THEN we could be picking high early next year and get a stud D lineman and trade back into the second half of round 1 for a future qb on a rookie deal.

So, by not going qb early in this draft we got arguably a top 4 talent in the draft. No brainer by Miami. These "Experts" are assuming all of the qbs drafted early are going to be stars. - they are idiots.

I mean, I read a lot of articles and even clicked on some of those articles that talked about summarizing the grades all the different analysts and sites gave us. We got several A's, B's and C's. We were routinely regarded as having a good draft, but it's true many of the times they would say things like. Didn't address QB w/ RT, can't give them an A or something along those lines. Some also would factor in Quinn trade but would forget about Anthony trade. But most experts actually really liked our draft.

Where I saw a lot of people beating the drum and complaining about us and QB and RT knee stuff were in the preseason power ranking articles and also where people had to guess the records of teams. I had a far bigger problem with those articles than the ones talking about our draft. "They lost 4 pro-bowlers! They'll be terrible"
    Meanwhile we replaced Cutler with RT. Drake had the most rushing yards in the entire league during the last 5 games of the season that he started. And our O-Line got better because Pouncey was garbage and now we have Sitton and Kilgore who was ranked a top 5 center with Jimmy G back there. Landry was a slot receiver and as much as I liked the guy, you can't pay that much money to slot receivers. Amendola is plenty productive and Albert Wilson is better on ST's and also possesses better elusive ratings and long speed. Replaced JT (a fossil)with Gesicki (had perhaps the most dominant combine showing ever) and Durham. Got Quinn. McMillan is back from injury and got Baker. Drafted Fitzpatrick. Lippett is back from injury. Drafted Ballage and got Gore. We are hands down better at every single position and/or have more depth. CB you can argue that we stayed the same (which isn't good obviously but hoping for growth from Tank and Howard). DT the only obvious downgrade, Suh will be missed. Other than that though... I see improvements all around. The experts gotta hate on someone and they're using the Fins as a piñata. Need to prove them wrong, that's all there is to it.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Gase talked a bit today but there wasnt a lot to talk about. He said TJ isnt moving to LB so he'll be a Hybrid Safety and maybe the base becomes a 4-2-5. The only other thing is that he said hes comfortable with the QB room and there wont be another Cutler like move if Tannehill were to go down.

Other than that the big thing is that he said he feels like this is the closest the team has been to his dream scenario when he originally came here. So hes finally admitting that he tried to build the team around these guys he had in 2016 since they won but it just didnt work out. So instead of keeping players that dont fit them go and build it the way you want.
    Going 4-2-5 would probably be the best case scenario for our defense. Minkah will immediately be our 3rd best DB ( I think both RJ and Howard are better as of right now), and our LB core is not stellar, but there are some fast guys. I could see MacMillan sitting on clear passing downs and having Kiko and Anthony out there.

Plus all three safeties can tackle and help stop the run game. Speed over size is the new NFL norm and our defense is finally getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Going 4-2-5 would probably be the best case scenario for our defense. Minkah will immediately be our 3rd best DB ( I think both RJ and Howard are better as of right now), and our LB core is not stellar, but there are some fast guys. I could see MacMillan sitting on clear passing downs and having Kiko and Anthony out there.

Plus all three safeties can tackle and help stop the run game. Speed over size is the new NFL norm and our defense is finally getting there.
    That would make the most sense. Gase also said that TJ was a safety and we would find a way to put the best 11 out there. Well, that may mean a 4-2-5 is the current plan.

Quote Originally Posted by krest213 View Post
    cant wait for the season to begins..
    hopefull we hype up this board again...

PS: what happen to everyone that was this forum
    whe PSD dolphins forum rated top form
    The answer to your questions is Chad Henne and Ryan Tannehill. I think the vets got tired of the constant back and forth lol

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    I mean, I read a lot of articles and even clicked on some of those articles that talked about summarizing the grades all the different analysts and sites gave us. We got several A's, B's and C's. We were routinely regarded as having a good draft, but it's true many of the times they would say things like. Didn't address QB w/ RT, can't give them an A or something along those lines. Some also would factor in Quinn trade but would forget about Anthony trade. But most experts actually really liked our draft.

Where I saw a lot of people beating the drum and complaining about us and QB and RT knee stuff were in the preseason power ranking articles and also where people had to guess the records of teams. I had a far bigger problem with those articles than the ones talking about our draft. "They lost 4 pro-bowlers! They'll be terrible"
    Meanwhile we replaced Cutler with RT. Drake had the most rushing yards in the entire league during the last 5 games of the season that he started. And our O-Line got better because Pouncey was garbage and now we have Sitton and Kilgore who was ranked a top 5 center with Jimmy G back there. Landry was a slot receiver and as much as I liked the guy, you can't pay that much money to slot receivers. Amendola is plenty productive and Albert Wilson is better on ST's and also possesses better elusive ratings and long speed. Replaced JT (a fossil)with Gesicki (had perhaps the most dominant combine showing ever) and Durham. Got Quinn. McMillan is back from injury and got Baker. Drafted Fitzpatrick. Lippett is back from injury. Drafted Ballage and got Gore. We are hands down better at every single position and/or have more depth. CB you can argue that we stayed the same (which isn't good obviously but hoping for growth from Tank and Howard). DT the only obvious downgrade, Suh will be missed. Other than that though... I see improvements all around. The experts gotta hate on someone and they're using the Fins as a piñata. Need to prove them wrong, that's all there is to it.
    Great post; absolutely agree! If you use your brain and knowledge of the team, then it's not hard to see that this team is actually distinctly better than last year. But the lazy "experts" are the ones that are saying that we are the worst team in football. Even the AI out there is dumb as hell...the Terminator also (after running our season 10,000 times) has us as the worst team in football (and getting the #1 overall pick next season). I just don't see it happening unless something catastrophic happens.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/d...510-story.html

The answer to your questions is Chad Henne and Ryan Tannehill. I think the vets got tired of the constant back and forth lol
    You mean "Numbers" (as I called him)...00 14 40 39 15 (or something like that). God I couldn't stand that f'ng guy! (Henne...Henne...Henne...Henne...) But hey, that's when most of us met. We've been talking for years now (almost a decade for some of us). Too crazy!

Great post; absolutely agree! If you use your brain and knowledge of the team, then it's not hard to see that this team is actually distinctly better than last year. But the lazy "experts" are the ones that are saying that we are the worst team in football. Even the AI out there is dumb as hell...the Terminator also (after running our season 10,000 times) has us as the worst team in football (and getting the #1 overall pick next season). I just don't see it happening unless something catastrophic happens.

You mean "Numbers" (as I called him)...00 14 40 39 15 (or something like that). God I couldn't stand that f'ng guy! (Henne...Henne...Henne...Henne...) But hey, that's when most of us met. We've been talking for years now (almost a decade for some of us). Too crazy!
    I forgot about him! I'm pretty sure he would only post about Henne. Every post was focused around Henne. But to be fair we ALL were talking about Henne lol.

I forgot about him! I'm pretty sure he would only post about Henne. Every post was focused around Henne. But to be fair we ALL were talking about Henne lol.
    God, he was awful! To be fair, he was probably right half the time, but that's not the point. He was just a hurricane of negativity. We thought he might be a troll, but I think Henne just banged his mom or something. We are all Dolphin fans here; we know how bad we are much of the time. But we come on here to hope for the best and look forward to a brighter day. That dude just straight golden showered on us with every post. I pray my mention of him doesn't bring him back. I saw something the other day saying that there could be a possibility of a Henne return to Miami in the near future...Numbers was my first thought when I heard that.
    Last edited by Vegas_Phin1; 05-11-2018 at 08:55 PM.

fact lmao

Yall remember when i thought Patrick Turner was a thing SMH lol
    good time i miss the activity, of the forums. we were alll the way in
    LMAO

NO hunger Foul
    Highest scoring points
    regular season Champ
    2012 PSD Fantasy football Champion

No Hunger Foul
    2x Def-con1 Squad Champion(1000$ League)
    Highest scoring points
    2011 and 2012 Champion

Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast