Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

2018 Dolphins off-season

Happy New Year to all and the best part of a Phin season start, the off season.

We open with the 11th overall pick - picks in Rounds 1-2-3-4-4-6-7-7

Also open with $13,424,967 in cap space, or 28th best.
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-01-2018 at 04:59 AM.

on the bright side Stephone Anthony looked good. I can see him starting next year with McMillan. Chase Allen looks like 1 solid depth guy. rest of the LBers are yuck and its starting to look like we need DE more than LB

Anthony will 100% start next year. Timmons will be released. His money will be used on the OL. Thomas may be restructured because nobody will offer him anything more in FA than a restructure can offer with us. I think James is gone and Davis takes over in 2018. Kind of scary to think about with him and Tunsil at OT, but they are young, cheap and both are showing signs of improvement.

If CAR doesn't franchise or re-sign Norwell, he's my first call when FA opens. Pugh and Fluker from NYG would also be on my list.

At #11, we have a really solid shot at Roquan Smith, Quenton Nelson, Sarquan Barkley, Calvin Ridley (if Landry leaves) . . . or a nice spot for a QB hungry team to jump up for whichever QB is left.

The Miami Herald has already released two stories about how the Dolphins plan to make big changes. It seems like a forgone conclusion that Thomas, Timmons and James are gone to help open up some cap. They also mentioned that the team could look to restructure Pouncey, Tannehill and Suh (I'd hate to mess with his contract even more).

Also look to see Gase add some new assistants. It's being reported that he's very interested in adding an offensive consultant to help him work with the offense. He's not giving up playcalling but it seems like he feels like he needs some more help to get everyone on the offense on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    on the bright side Stephone Anthony looked good. I can see him starting next year with McMillan. Chase Allen looks like 1 solid depth guy. rest of the LBers are yuck and its starting to look like we need DE more than LB
    I felt like Anthony wasn't awful. I really wish we just gave him all the reps instead of wasting time on Timmons towards the end. He definitely looked comfortable in coverage which is huge. I just don't feel comfortable going into 2018 with him as the starter. Give him a shot to start but I still want another LB with more upside added.

I hate saying it but I wouldn't argue if we cut Cam. He slowed down this season even though he finished with double digit sacks. He just can't get the consistent pressure he used to and we need more from our top DE.

Miami Dolphins could have interest in adding Dowell Loggains, Chicago Bears offensive coordinator, if he is released with the firing of John Fox (Mike Garafolo)

Three sources tell Brad Biggs that Bears offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains will likely reunite with Adam Gase in Miami.
    Last edited by jtownsfine5t; 01-01-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Miami Dolphins could have interest in adding Dowell Loggains, Chicago Bears offensive coordinator, if he is released with the firing of John Fox (Mike Garafolo)

Three sources tell Brad Biggs that Bears offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains will likely reunite with Adam Gase in Miami.
    I think this is the point where the talking heads just connect the dots and so this becomes logical. Could very well happen though.
    I see Dom Capers has been let go by GB too. I don't think there's any connection with Gase, but he has fielded some pretty great defenses, although usually with better LB's than we have now. We probably stick with Burke though don't you think everyone? On that (LB) note, I feel okay going into next year with Chase Allen and Kwon. We still need to add more there as Timmons packed his bags in early September and Kiko "late hit" Alonso could be gone as well.
    Add a vet LB and a guard and draft pass rusher and a QB to compete. Easier said than done but I would imagine we will not do the QB thing so hopefully we get help on our pass rush as Wake cannot be expected to carry on forever. Also need another guy (aside from Williams) to take some carries off of Drake at times, but I feel like Tannenbaum is not always interested in depth / plan B for when a player gets hurt.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-01-2018 at 04:08 PM.

If we draft a QB it will likely be like the Tunsil situation, a player that drops to us that we do not expect to drop.

Defensively the Dolphins have not made a decision on the future of Matt Burke. Burkeís defense was worse in 2017 than 2016 under Vance Joseph. Joseph will get another season with the Broncos.

The ones to watch however may be John Fox and Vic Fangio. Fox was fired by the Bears and was the first coach to give Gase a coordinator job. Fox liked Gase enough to hire him in Chicago at the same spot.

Gase is loyal to his friends so it would not be surprising if the Dolphins donít talkk with Fox and Fangio if available.

Found this on phin phanatic

God just saw who we play next year, not ****ing good.

Home: Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Oakland, New England, Buffalo & N.Y. Jets.

Away: Green Bay, Minnesota, Houston, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, New England, Buffalo & N.Y. Jets.

I don't see a single game thats a gimme. Green Bay, Houston and Indy all didn't have there QBs for alot of the year so it killed there records otherwise they would be better. Chicago and Oakland should both be better. Then the Jets are the only other team who didn't make the playoffs. Cinic is the only eh team we face next year...

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I felt like Anthony wasn't awful. I really wish we just gave him all the reps instead of wasting time on Timmons towards the end. He definitely looked comfortable in coverage which is huge. I just don't feel comfortable going into 2018 with him as the starter. Give him a shot to start but I still want another LB with more upside added.

I hate saying it but I wouldn't argue if we cut Cam. He slowed down this season even though he finished with double digit sacks. He just can't get the consistent pressure he used to and we need more from our top DE.
    Wouldn't Wake have trade value? Some team looking to put him in obvious pass rushing situations to keep him fresh?

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    If we draft a QB it will likely be like the Tunsil situation, a player that drops to us that we do not expect to drop.
    Thanks for your thoughts on that, Plague.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Defensively the Dolphins have not made a decision on the future of Matt Burke. Burkeís defense was worse in 2017 than 2016 under Vance Joseph. Joseph will get another season with the Broncos.

The ones to watch however may be John Fox and Vic Fangio. Fox was fired by the Bears and was the first coach to give Gase a coordinator job. Fox liked Gase enough to hire him in Chicago at the same spot.

Gase is loyal to his friends so it would not be surprising if the Dolphins donít talkk with Fox and Fangio if available.

Found this on phin phanatic
    I wouldn't mind a change at DC and would like to see an OC brought in as somebody posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    God just saw who we play next year, not ****ing good.

Home: Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Oakland, New England, Buffalo & N.Y. Jets.

Away: Green Bay, Minnesota, Houston, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, New England, Buffalo & N.Y. Jets.

I don't see a single game thats a gimme. Green Bay, Houston and Indy all didn't have there QBs for alot of the year so it killed there records otherwise they would be better. Chicago and Oakland should both be better. Then the Jets are the only other team who didn't make the playoffs. Cinic is the only eh team we face next year...
    Eh. The Green Bay and Minnesota games are tough but those are the only ones that scare me on the road. Jacksonville is the only scary home game to me. At worst I think everyone else is at our level and could make it a close game.

Roquan Smith has been out of position on a few runs against Oklahoma but Jesus his speed is nuts. It's the biggest thing missing from our defense and he's easily my favorite pick for us in the first. He'd be everything this coaching staff wants/thinks Kiko is.

Also Oklahoma has the best offensive scheme in the NCAA. The misdirection and route tree is amazing. It's the only real knock I have on Mayfield that he's coming from the best situation in college.

I don't want Roquan. speed is the only thing he has

Oklahoma better hope Bama don't win if they win this. Bama would destroy them

Baker sucks

schedule is easier in 2018 to me than 2017. I view Vikes, Chicago, Indy, Jags, and Bengals as easy wins

no way do I let Wake go. I'm extending him again and adding a year

Free Agency Targets
    Demetrius Harris TE (trade for)
    Troy Niklas TE( Julius and Fasano are let go)
    2 OL starters
    Marquis Flowers LB
    Richard Sherman CB

Key Players Gone
    Julius + Fasano
    Cutler + Moore
    Kiko + Timmons
    Ju'Wuan James
    DVP

Restructure - TH, Pouncey, Suh
    Extend - Wake
    Resign - Landry
    Trade - DVP

NFL Draft
    1. Arden Key DE LSU
    2. Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma State (via DVP trade)
    2. Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech or Jerome Baker LB OSU
    3. Michael Gallup WR Colorado State
    4. Kendall Joseph LB Clemson
    4. OL depth
    6. Chris Herndon TE Miami U
    7. Nick Wilson RB Arizona
    7. OL depth

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast