Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,003

    2018 Miami Dolphins Camp Thread

    Let's use this for all OTA, Mini Camp and Training Camp news.

    I'll try posting updates daily from the media with their notes. This time last year the big talk was all about the LBs being moved around so I'm curious if we'll see that again.

    The big news today was all about Tannehill, McMillan and Lippet being on the field and participating in drills.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,003
    And of course right when I post this I see the news that Mychal Kendricks was released by the Eagles. He played great last year but they had some depth there so it makes sense.

    I wouldn't be surprised either way we approach him. Hes someone we've been rumored to have interest in for years but he primarily played WLB and we already have 2 of those. Plus we wont have the money until June 1st and theres already talk that theres interest in him from other teams.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    6,490
    The thing that surprised me most today is that Tanny is practicing without the knee brace. If that's the case, then he must genuinely feel 100% (at least before contact begins). I know it's just an educated guess, but with so many advancements in knee repair and surgical procedures/rehab, I just don't see why we should "fear" his knee not being fine. I'm not saying that it's an absolute guarantee that it's perfect, but it's highly likely that he won't have any legit lingering issues. He just needs to keep playing on it and getting it stronger...his mental state/confidence is what I fear will suffer the most from all of this.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Let's use this for all OTA, Mini Camp and Training Camp news.

    I'll try posting updates daily from the media with their notes. This time last year the big talk was all about the LBs being moved around so I'm curious if we'll see that again.

    The big news today was all about Tannehill, McMillan and Lippet being on the field and participating in drills.
    When we last saw Lippett it was pretty encouraging IIRC. Hopefully he takes a step this year. Very excited to see McMillan get through the offseason healthy and playing in Sept.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,873
    Reading that Tannehill is practicing without a brace is definitely encouraged. Read also that McMillan is out there but not doing everything. And that Lippett is out there and participating but being considerably held back by the coaches and far more limited than either RT and McMillan.
    BRUH

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    And of course right when I post this I see the news that Mychal Kendricks was released by the Eagles. He played great last year but they had some depth there so it makes sense.

    I wouldn't be surprised either way we approach him. Hes someone we've been rumored to have interest in for years but he primarily played WLB and we already have 2 of those. Plus we wont have the money until June 1st and theres already talk that theres interest in him from other teams.
    Mychal is a stud thumper who's ok in coverage. Eagles wanted him to play 2 downs, he wanted to play all 3 downs. That started a rift. They didn't see 7M as feasible for a 2 down LBer, he was becoming a distraction. They released him. I mean they were deep before. But releasing a player of that caliber and losing Worrilow to an ACL the same day, definitely shifts the needle. Also I've always read and thought that Mychal was a SLB, not a WLB. If we brought him in, which I really doubt, he would play SLB or MLB. But we have Kiko, McMillan, Baker, Anthony. Who knows what happens to TJ McDonald. Don't think that's feasible. Think Hankins would be much more important and would play many more snaps. If McMillan looks iffy and slow in camp and needs a year to get back up to playing speed, which does happen to players coming off ACL or other bad injuries, could definitely see him signing with us in June when the Suh money rolls in and we sign all our rookies and camp is more in full swing.
    BRUH

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,003
    Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Reading that Tannehill is practicing without a brace is definitely encouraged. Read also that McMillan is out there but not doing everything. And that Lippett is out there and participating but being considerably held back by the coaches and far more limited than either RT and McMillan.
    So actually the big talk of the day was about Tannehill playing well and getting a lot of people talking about his leadership which is always great to see. We also so him target Amendola a lot which gives me Devone Bess vibes in Tannehills rookie season. Amendola showed a lot of frustration over small things like a pass getting blocked which made everyone talk about his intensity even in a simple OTA.

    On the other side of the ball the secondary played well mainly McCain. Lippett is getting very limited snaps due to his injury being a bit more severe. Then all the talk was about McMillan. He was moving everyone around and made it look like he was a vet. I cant stress enough just how big of an impact Baekwon can have on this team.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,873
    It sucks getting hurt, but lots of times sitting out of a few games really gives you a different perspective of things, helps you mentally digest a lot, you focus on film and the playbook. Hopefully this all helps Tannehill come back better than ever and Raekwon come back ready to roll. He's definitely a big part of our future on defense along with Baker. Hopefully for the next 6-8 years =)

    Read Leonte Carroo and Isaiah Ford are competing for the 6th WR role, but that the role might not even exist so there's a chance that both of them get cut. Gets to a point that you can't keep a guy on the team just because of where you drafted him. If he's not playing or contributing, what's the point.
    BRUH

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    It sucks getting hurt, but lots of times sitting out of a few games really gives you a different perspective of things, helps you mentally digest a lot, you focus on film and the playbook. Hopefully this all helps Tannehill come back better than ever and Raekwon come back ready to roll. He's definitely a big part of our future on defense along with Baker. Hopefully for the next 6-8 years =)

    Read Leonte Carroo and Isaiah Ford are competing for the 6th WR role, but that the role might not even exist so there's a chance that both of them get cut. Gets to a point that you can't keep a guy on the team just because of where you drafted him. If he's not playing or contributing, what's the point.
    On Tannehill, I have hoped for the same. Some kind of growth. My problem is this; I know he has been mentally digesting all he can because he is a hard worker. I don;t think anyone can dispute that. My problem with him has never been pre snap. He studies and knows what to do in reaction to what he sees. One issue is that he doesn't do as well when a defense makes changes and he has to figure out what they are not showing him like some QB's can do in the moment as the play unfolds. They can feel what they need to do and react. Tannehill isn't strong in that way, possibly because of his lack of experience in playing the position but also possibly because he is just like many guys who cannot feel the game fast enough and react. He does what he is told, what he has learned and if you throw him a curve ball, he still does what he was told or what he learned regardless. That part will probably take more years of playing, not studying. So my hopes are high but my expectations are pretty modest. I think he will probably pick up pretty much where he left off. Hopefully I'm wrong.

    I am really interested in Raekwon. Please just get him through the season relatively healthy. Safe bet he is a very important piece of this defense going forward.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-24-2018 at 05:19 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    On Tannehill I have hoped for the same. Some kind of growth. My problem is this; I know he has been mentally digesting all he can because he is a hard worker. I don;t think anyone can dispute that. My problem with him has never been pre snap. He studies and knows what to do i nreaction to what he sees. One issue is that he doesn't do as well when a defense makes changes and he has to figure out what they are not showing him like some QB's can do in the moment as the play unfolds. They can feel what they need to do and react. Tannehill isn't strong in that way, possibly because of his lack of experience in playing the position but also possibly because he is just like many guys who cannot feel the game fast enough and react. He does what he is told, what he has learned and if you throw him a curve ball, he still does what he was told or what he learned regardless. That part will probably take more years of playing, not studying. So my hopes are high but my expectations are pretty modest. I think he will probably pick up pretty much where he left off. Hopefully I'm wrong.

    I am really interested in Raekwon. Please just get him through the season relatively healthy. Safe bet he is a very important piece of this defense going forward.
    Experience at the position will always be his detriment... He's obviously an athlete, but he's missing the instincts... IMO, he's never really gonna overcome that...

    If he gets protection and stays healthy, he should have a very very good season...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    27,630
    Sounds like Tannehill will wear a brace for games like Brady did, just wants to practice without it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Sounds like Tannehill will wear a brace for games like Brady did, just wants to practice without it.
    I guess RT figures he can't get injured during practice...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    6,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I guess RT figures he can't get injured during practice...
    I get the concern, but I think that he feels that practicing without it (when there's no/little contact) will help to make it stronger and give him more confidence in it. Then on game day, he'll put his "armor on" to protect his progressively healing knee. If it would just collapse during practice, then even with a brace, he has no chance once the season starts.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    I get the concern, but I think that he feels that practicing without it (when there's no/little contact) will help to make it stronger and give him more confidence in it. Then on game day, he'll put his "armor on" to protect his progressively healing knee. If it would just collapse during practice, then even with a brace, he has no chance once the season starts.
    Agreed. Can't be playing out there scared, gotta trust it. Knee brace isn't going to protect him from a non contact injury. And no one is making contact with him in practice so. No brace is fine.
    BRUH

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,873
    How much guaranteed money a team gives an undrafted rookie provides insight into not only how coveted that player was after the draft, but what the team thinks of that player.

    So it’s notable that the undrafted free agent who apparently received the most guaranteed money from the Dolphins was playmaking Utah State cornerback Jalen Davis, who received a $20,0000 signing bonus and another $25,000 guaranteed, regardless of whether he makes the team or not.

    Davis had 11 career interceptions in college, including five last season. He stripped Danny Amendola after a reception in this week’s only practice open to the media.

    The Dolphins also gave a $10,000 signing bonus to Michigan undrafted rookie linebacker Mike McCray and guaranteed another $12,000 of his salary regardless of whether he makes the team or not.

    Got that from Barry in the Herald
    BRUH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •