Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Browns will not win anything of note under Haslam.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Browns at least have a defense thatís decent. Lions were straight garbage
    It's actually kind of weird that the Browns went 0-16 this year bc their defense is very good + they're good to very good everywhere on offense except QB.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    It's actually kind of weird that the Browns went 0-16 this year bc their defense is very good + they're good to very good everywhere on offense except QB.
    What if they were to sign Kirk Cousins in off season and then draft Barkley and Minkah Fitzpatrick. How much better would they be?? Not to mention all the other picks they have at their disposal.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    How in the world does your Owner still bring back this guy for next season? After going 1-15 last season and 0-16 this season? And yet still as a job? While there are coaches out there who actually won games and they get fired. How?
    What Browns fans?

Browns were weird. I really donít think the 0-16 is a lack of talent thing for sure... not sure how Jackson still has a job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Blaming Jackson would be silly. It's not like the Browns were getting blown out every week.

They are certainly set up for success going forward though.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWonítBeatATL, #YouWonítBeatMIN, #YouWonítBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #CanítRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    What if they were to sign Kirk Cousins in off season and then draft Barkley and Minkah Fitzpatrick. How much better would they be?? Not to mention all the other picks they have at their disposal.
    It feels like there might be a lot of decent-or-better QBs available this off-season, but will they want to go to Cleveland and will Cleveland pay up? Cousins, Alex Smith, at least one of Bradford/Bridgewater/Keenum, Cutler, Tyrod Taylor, Eli Manning, McCown, and either Luck or Brissett.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ehhhh.....you need some great scouting to make those hit though.
    Obviously scouting plays a huge role, but I think the great drafter thing is a little overblown. Usually if a guy has a long history of drafting, they sort of regress back closer to the mean. Guys have a couple hot years and usually ride that reputation for awhile.

For as much time and effort thatís put into scouting, I think itís still less scientific than people tend to think. Thereís no magic bullet for drafting any position and the good ones have plenty of misses and the bad ones will have hits as well. Thatís sort of the theory behind acquiring a lot of picks, particularly top 100 picks. Itís almost like asking if you had to throw a ball into a net 50 yards out, would you rather have Tom Brady throw once or a mid tier guy like a Flacco or a Winston 4 throws?

Thatís sort of the idea behind it. Find someone who you think has a good talent evaluation system and give them a bunch of darts in the early rounds. That guy is probably more likely to hit than if you give the best talent evaluator only a few darts. Not sure I completely buy the idea, but I think it has merit.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Blaming Jackson would be silly. It's not like the Browns were getting blown out every week.

They are certainly set up for success going forward though.
    To me, thatís sort of the reason he should be fired. Iíll admit I didnít watch a ton of browns games. But when I did watch them, I saw a team that made a bunch of mental mistakes, like dumb penalties and miscommunications. They were just as skilled as the packers with Hundley, but hurt themselves a few times. They didnít strike me as a particularly smart or well coached team.

I guess they want him to have a chance with a decent quarterback. But I agree with BSF; I think it's weird to bring back a guy who's 1-31, no matter who the QB is. I'm trying to figure out what's more ridiculous -- Jackson keeping his job, or Marvin Lewis having the longevity of Bill Belichick in spite of never winning a playoff game. NFL football in Ohio is not good right now.

After the Browns lost by only 3 points to the Steelers in Week 1, didn't you think they were going to win at least a couple of games? What's really sad is that their 1-15 season in 2016 can be considered the good ol' days, since they didn't win any games this year.

How in the world does your Owner still bring back this guy for next season? After going 1-15 last season and 0-16 this season? And yet still as a job? While there are coaches out there who actually won games and they get fired. How?
    The answer to this isn't "great", but there really can't be a great answer to bringing back a 1-31 coach. But I'll sum it up in 2 quick points:

1. Hue was one of the guys they REALLY wanted and went after and were able to acquire. Unlike Mike Pettine who was like the 4th guy on their list, they wanted Hue pretty badly.

And while Hue hasn't done good at all, it's their hope that giving him a quarterback and surrounding the team with play-makers (we were dead last in the league in total turnovers while also dead last in how many turnovers we caused) will spark better coaching on his end. Because to be fair to him, we did tank and cut so much talent just to shed salary and he clearly had a problem with it.

2. Hue only had 2 years and Jimmy has a history of firing coaches too fast. It really sucks, but I think this is factoring into the equation and he wants to at least give Hue a 3rd year with a team that is seeking to add talent, instead of the opposite. I know, I know... a bad coach is a bad coach, but I think this is part of it.

I do think Hue's leash is shorter than people realize, though. Yeah, he'll be our coach for next year, but for how long? 16, 12, 8, 4 games? If we start off 0-4 then I think he's gone.

Point 3 - Browns fans aren't responsible for our owner or the decisions he makes. We're one of the most loyal fan-bases around, and the Browns backers are the largest organized NFL fan-base in the country. We can only hope they turn this around next year.
    LeBron's taking out teams and collecting his infinity stones.

I get the rationale, but I think itís hilarious that one of the reasons is that we have a history of firing coaches too quickly, so they wonít fire the coach that the vast majority of organizations would probably fire.

How much blame can be laid at Jacksonís feet is definitely debatable, but I donít think anyone is going to blame you for firing a guy too soon when heís 1-31.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I do think Hue's leash is shorter than people realize, though. Yeah, he'll be our coach for next year, but for how long? 16, 12, 8, 4 games? If we start off 0-4 then I think he's gone.
    But who else is there on the staff that can take over for Hue Jackson if he gets fired?

Reports were that the Raiders wanted to fire Downing (their ex-OC) midseason but didn't bc there was nobody on the staff that could call plays on offense.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

Haslam might wise up. It's really the fans who fire the coach. Browns attendance is the worst it's been in over 20 years.

Browns are not far away. Trade for Alex Smith, draft Darnold and Fitzpatrick, let Darnold sit and learn for a season and let that young defense mature. So much talent littered through out. Kirksey/Collins/Ogbah/Schobert/Garrett/Peppers/Shelton and add Fitzpatrick to that? You are looking at a very scary defense, and you have a future Qb learning behind a very smart veteran Qb. Bring Pryor back, bring Crowell back and you have yourself a very good team.

Gordon/Pryor/Coleman/Njoku, solid offensive line...You have a team competing for the AFC North in a year or 2
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12