Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I know the sample is small, but looking at the texans with and without Watson is like night and day. He elevates that offense as much as a seasoned pro bowl vet, again small sample.

If you give me Rodgers at 30 even 32, yeah I`d take that though. But given age and injury, it gets harder to pick him with each year he ages. Age does matter.

Brady is line an outlier, the guy hasn`t had a major injury in quite some time and seems to be playing at the same level each year. Even him at 40, and starting a team from scratch I don`t take him over a guy that 15-20 years younger, with proof of worthiness as in Wentz and Watson (even though the sample is not ideal).

Now if you have an established team then picking the proven vet becomes more of a viable option, built but age, health and prime are still big considerations.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    There hasn't been a stretch in the 2010s where he hasn't been elite.

Sure, you can point to stretches where maybe his stats were bad or just not quite up to par but I think you put too much stock into that. A guy can have a great statistical game one week and a bad one the next. How good a player is doesn't fluctuate so wildly week to week. Rodgers has been elite since IDK, year 2 or 3. I'd have to go back and research exactly. But watch the games, see the throws, look at the impact he makes out on the field. The guys is elite and has ben for damn near a decade now.
    I'm not denying his eliteness and stats mean very little to me from game to game in this regard. It just feels like Rodgers hasn't been the same type of elite for a few seasons now. maybe it's the injuries, not sure. He seems to have fallen in the Brees/Ben tier for me recently.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'm not denying his eliteness and stats mean very little to me from game to game in this regard. It just feels like Rodgers hasn't been the same type of elite for a few seasons now. maybe it's the injuries, not sure. He seems to have fallen in the Brees/Ben tier for me recently.
    That's fair. I wouldn't put him in the Ben/Brees tier but honestly I'm not sure he's up there in the Brady/Manning class either. Probably somewhere in between. But I feel the point still stands where he's good enough to give you legit SB chances regardless of what else is around him. And even if he's older there's just so much uncertainty in the NFL year to year that I'm taking that if I can get it even "only" 3-5 years.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123