Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Abbotsford B.C.
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseGuy24 View Post
    I’m picking Todd Gurley.
    Well he did win me my fantasy season so I can consider this !!
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Cam or Wilson, they're already accustomed to cycling through practice squad trash and making it work most of the time. Then when the rest of the draft sucks you'll at least be able to run them into the ground and have a shot at playoffs.
    Not too sure about Wilson. They got him a LT, they paid to keep Baldwin and he doesn't maximize a PB caliber TE in Graham unless it's the RZ.

    Wilson is good in come from behind scenarios or in close games where things get heated late. He'll have one of 2 games a year where he can actually carve up a defense systematically, but too inconsistent for me in that regard.

    I like Cam better as a pocket guy and pure passer. He's more willing to let the play develop. Although he was trash as **** his last game, off on his throws all day. With Russ he does a lot with broken plays after scrambling away from pressure, which sometimes isn't always there because he bails faster then he should to run/scramble. Some of the plays are designed, but I don't like his pocket presence personally.
    Last edited by Heediot; 01-02-2018 at 08:36 AM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    46,910
    I don’t get anyone saying anything other than QB, LT, or Edge. 3 places you must have quality players if you have any hopes of winning

    PROCESSING

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    70,772
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Carson Wentz followed by Russell Wilson.
    Wilson is the most overrated qb in the nfl. Pass.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    32,580
    Rodgers. Guy makes you a SB contender regardless of what else is around him. That's cute and all to have a QB you can supposedly win with for 10+ years but even with that it's so ****ing hard to get the right pieces around the QB. Rodgers makes you a SB contender for at least the next handful of seasons at least and I'll take that assurance over the hope and prayer of getting more out of a QB not as good.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Not too sure about Wilson. They got him a LT, they paid to keep Baldwin and he doesn't maximize a PB caliber TE in Graham unless it's the RZ.

    Wilson is good in come from behind scenarios or in close games where things get heated late. He'll have one of 2 games a year where he can actually carve up a defense systematically, but too inconsistent for me in that regard.

    I like Cam better as a pocket guy and pure passer. He's more willing to let the play develop. Although he was trash as **** his last game, off on his throws all day. With Russ he does a lot with broken plays after scrambling away from pressure, which sometimes isn't always there because he bails faster then he should to run/scramble. Some of the plays are designed, but I don't like his pocket presence personally.
    That's pretty spot on in how I feel.


    CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    46,910
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I dunno, at this point with his injury history and the fact that he's looked human the last few years with one of the best pass blocking OLs, I don't see how you'd justify a 34 year old who might only have a few years left.
    I see Rodgers injury history the same way as I see Bens. They are going to miss some games every year but are you ditching them over that?

    PROCESSING

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,903
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Rodgers. Guy makes you a SB contender regardless of what else is around him. That's cute and all to have a QB you can supposedly win with for 10+ years but even with that it's so ****ing hard to get the right pieces around the QB. Rodgers makes you a SB contender for at least the next handful of seasons at least and I'll take that assurance over the hope and prayer of getting more out of a QB not as good.
    I dunno, at this point with his injury history and the fact that he's looked human the last few years with one of the best pass blocking OLs, I don't see how you'd justify a 34 year old who might only have a few years left.


    CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,903
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I see Rodgers injury history the same way as I see Bens. They are going to miss some games every year but are you ditching them over that?
    At age 34 and with his streaks of lesser play the last 3 years? Probably. I'm not saying it couldn't backfire by passing on him, but if you're starting from scratch you're probably not getting him a good OL or weapons and he's nearing the end of his prime.


    CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    32,580
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    At age 34 and with his streaks of lesser play the last 3 years? Probably. I'm not saying it couldn't backfire by passing on him, but if you're starting from scratch you're probably not getting him a good OL or weapons and he's nearing the end of his prime.
    Exactly. And that's why I'm taking the guy in Rodgers who I know is good enough to give me a real shot to win anyway instead of a guy that isn't that good right now but gives me a longer window. Rodgers/Brady are older but they're the only two players in the NFL whose presence alone makes you a SB contender. You have one of them at QB and you got a shot at least, regardless of what else is around them (within a world of realism - if you're literally the worst in NFL history everywhere else you won't win but that's not realistic). It's all well and good to have some young stud that you think can be good for a decade but even if a guy like Wentz, Watson, whoever does turn out to be great it's still unlikely they get to be God status like Rodgers/Brady and might just be awesome in the Ben/Brees/etc. mold. That means even if they're good for a decade there are still going to be years in there where through injury, underperformance around them, bad roster moves, etc. where you still won't be good enough to realistically win.

    Now, Brady is 40 years old. So his window can close in an instant. So that's a tougher call than Rodgers. But a guy like Rodgers who should be able to stay elite for 3-5 years more? Not even a tough call, IMO. You can maybe have more real chances to win over the next decade with some young guy. I'll sleep well knowing I can pretty much bank on 3-5 at least (barring injury which can happen to anyone like it did young studs Wentz/Watson this year).


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    70,772
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Exactly. And that's why I'm taking the guy in Rodgers who I know is good enough to give me a real shot to win anyway instead of a guy that isn't that good right now but gives me a longer window. Rodgers/Brady are older but they're the only two players in the NFL whose presence alone makes you a SB contender. You have one of them at QB and you got a shot at least, regardless of what else is around them (within a world of realism - if you're literally the worst in NFL history everywhere else you won't win but that's not realistic). It's all well and good to have some young stud that you think can be good for a decade but even if a guy like Wentz, Watson, whoever does turn out to be great it's still unlikely they get to be God status like Rodgers/Brady and might just be awesome in the Ben/Brees/etc. mold. That means even if they're good for a decade there are still going to be years in there where through injury, underperformance around them, bad roster moves, etc. where you still won't be good enough to realistically win.

    Now, Brady is 40 years old. So his window can close in an instant. So that's a tougher call than Rodgers. But a guy like Rodgers who should be able to stay elite for 3-5 years more? Not even a tough call, IMO. You can maybe have more real chances to win over the next decade with some young guy. I'll sleep well knowing I can pretty much bank on 3-5 at least (barring injury which can happen to anyone like it did young studs Wentz/Watson this year).
    When's the last time Rogers has been elite for an entire season or even just a prolonged stretch?

    The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS


    #15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Exactly. And that's why I'm taking the guy in Rodgers who I know is good enough to give me a real shot to win anyway instead of a guy that isn't that good right now but gives me a longer window. Rodgers/Brady are older but they're the only two players in the NFL whose presence alone makes you a SB contender. You have one of them at QB and you got a shot at least, regardless of what else is around them (within a world of realism - if you're literally the worst in NFL history everywhere else you won't win but that's not realistic). It's all well and good to have some young stud that you think can be good for a decade but even if a guy like Wentz, Watson, whoever does turn out to be great it's still unlikely they get to be God status like Rodgers/Brady and might just be awesome in the Ben/Brees/etc. mold. That means even if they're good for a decade there are still going to be years in there where through injury, underperformance around them, bad roster moves, etc. where you still won't be good enough to realistically win.

    Now, Brady is 40 years old. So his window can close in an instant. So that's a tougher call than Rodgers. But a guy like Rodgers who should be able to stay elite for 3-5 years more? Not even a tough call, IMO. You can maybe have more real chances to win over the next decade with some young guy. I'll sleep well knowing I can pretty much bank on 3-5 at least (barring injury which can happen to anyone like it did young studs Wentz/Watson this year).
    I'd take the chance with a guy with a longer window over Rodgers. Sure he is the ideal/protype qb with the physical tools and iq, but the output in superbowls and wins is comparable to the mentioned (vs.) Brees or Ben career wise. I'd bet on Wentz or Watson getting you one Superbowl and a possible MVP over a longer window. Can't argue with Brady as the proof is in the pudding. There are other factors involved like coaching/front office/mates, so it can get complicated. But on a team success level, Rodgers hasn't done enough for me to warrant not taking a guy 10-12 years younger with a sky high ceiling. He hasn't proven his durability either, but you can say the same thing anout some of the younger guys too. I`m taking the young guy and betting on the potential. My gut and eye test tell me it`s a solid bet with Wentz or Watson.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,727
    The NFL is such a crazy sport it's hard to answer that question. The answer can change from year to year. How many media outlets did a re draft and made Dak #1 overall after last year . Now he's a bust. Same with Carr. I would have bet money he was the best of the young quterbacks. But that's the difference between a HOF caliber guy and a "elite" guy. Who is going to do it every single year regardless of injuries or average talent around them. If your picking Wentz or Watson your just guessing that may happen.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    32,580
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    When's the last time Rogers has been elite for an entire season or even just a prolonged stretch?
    There hasn't been a stretch in the 2010s where he hasn't been elite.

    Sure, you can point to stretches where maybe his stats were bad or just not quite up to par but I think you put too much stock into that. A guy can have a great statistical game one week and a bad one the next. How good a player is doesn't fluctuate so wildly week to week. Rodgers has been elite since IDK, year 2 or 3. I'd have to go back and research exactly. But watch the games, see the throws, look at the impact he makes out on the field. The guys is elite and has ben for damn near a decade now.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    The NFL is such a crazy sport it's hard to answer that question. The answer can change from year to year. How many media outlets did a re draft and made Dak #1 overall after last year . Now he's a bust. Same with Carr. I would have bet money he was the best of the young quterbacks. But that's the difference between a HOF caliber guy and a "elite" guy. Who is going to do it every single year regardless of injuries or average talent around them. If your picking Wentz or Watson your just guessing that may happen.
    Thats how sports works though, there are established hof`s and elite guys and then there is the next generation. The key is identifying who is going to be the one(s) to make join the `pantheon of guys who already made it. And if you can id the right guy you`ll have a longer window in comparison to a guy in his mid 30`s.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •