Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Simple answer? Anyone. Anyone would be a better head coach. It's not just that we had only 5 wins on a more talented team that had 9 wins last year. It's that the games weren't even close. 8 loses by 10 points or more? That's half the schedule where this team wasn't even remotely competitive.

You could get Cousins, draft Barkley, fix the offensive line, and I'm confident we'd only win 6 games with VJ as our head coach.

I'll say one thing. Olivo better be ****ing gone.
    I would rather have another 5-6 win season with VJ departing than hire a Pagano and be locked in long term. Not that Id want them, but not like Fox or JDR would be coming. Or Hurricane Josh. Wed be looking at bad vet coaches or going with a dark horse OC/DC/STC. At least showing patience another year may make the job more desirable again. Thats basically my logic there.

As far as other position coaches, sounds a lot of moves. Musgrave is safe, which I think is probably good. Olivo has to be gone. I bet Davidson too. Woods is someone Id give another go, but maybe he gets the axe. Cecil Lammey said he expects the moves to be made later today.

In woods defense we did have the #2 overall defense. Can't put how god awful the offense was on the defense or woods. I think mustgrave made the offense better so i think he deserves to stay too but everyone else can be replaced for all i care

Woods and musgrave are safe. For some reason tyke Tolbert(wr coach) got let go. Dumb. Dude helped DT to 5 consecutive pro bowls and Sanders to 2 pro bowls not to mention latimers emergence toward the end of the year

I thinks studesville is gone too(not sure). Which he has been regarded as one of the best RB coaches in the league.

Olivio is gone. Thank goodness.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Simple answer? Anyone. Anyone would be a better head coach. It's not just that we had only 5 wins on a more talented team that had 9 wins last year. It's that the games weren't even close. 8 loses by 10 points or more? That's half the schedule where this team wasn't even remotely competitive.

You could get Cousins, draft Barkley, fix the offensive line, and I'm confident we'd only win 6 games with VJ as our head coach.

I'll say one thing. Olivo better be ****ing gone.
    Come on dude let it go, Vance wasn't given much to work with on offense at all, the QB position lost majority of the game's this year due too horrible play, horrible turnovers. I told you all along that Joseph wasn't going anywhere, while he may have seemed overwhelmed a bit the guy is a good football mind and gives his player's the type of opportunities that will end up having them run through a wall for him, just watch what happens next year. These players are going too murder **** for coach on the field.

Tolbert didn't make thomas, nor did he make sanders, they were already legit talents in the league, and cody Larimer just needed opportunities, it wasn't some magical coaching that started happening at the end of the year. Outside of dt and Sanders there was simply nothing Tolbert did too get the best out of any other WR and he clearly didn't go too bat for guys like latimer over fowler.....

I am glad olivio is fired because Vance trusted him way too much with the whole olivio saying he shouldn't play defense if he can't play for his ST unit.... Elway and Joseph have started the year off right by getting rid of these coaches. Now it's time too bring in some more quality assistants.

Fact of the matter is firing a HC after one year isn't a good look for a franchise! It will turn any good candidates away in the future, plus Vance is going to be a awesome coach. Just watch next year when we are an 11 win team!

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    It was probably time for a lot of the position coaches to be let go, Tolbert hasn't developed anyone on the roster other than DT, and DT was a 1st round pick with a lot of talent, and wheels. Sanders was developed in Pittsburgh and then benefited from Manning. I LOL at the talk of Latimers 'emergence', the dude was a 2nd round pick and 4 years later we're finally seeing a small, small uptick in production and we're pleased with it? Im not. If he's retained for anything more than slightly more than vet minimum, I'll be floored.

The only reason I'm not as upset as i thought I'd be Sunday than VJ isnt gone is that there is absolutely no talent pool for HC's coming in this year. The only guy I'd take a flier on is Mike Vrabel (sp?), and thats basically what we did with VJ last offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJoseph View Post
    Tolbert didn't make thomas, nor did he make sanders, they were already legit talents in the league, and cody Larimer just needed opportunities, it wasn't some magical coaching that started happening at the end of the year. Outside of dt and Sanders there was simply nothing Tolbert did too get the best out of any other WR and he clearly didn't go too bat for guys like latimer over fowler.....

I am glad olivio is fired because Vance trusted him way too much with the whole olivio saying he shouldn't play defense if he can't play for his ST unit.... Elway and Joseph have started the year off right by getting rid of these coaches. Now it's time too bring in some more quality assistants.

Fact of the matter is firing a HC after one year isn't a good look for a franchise! It will turn any good candidates away in the future, plus Vance is going to be a awesome coach. Just watch next year when we are an 11 win team!
    Lol VJ has shown absolutely nothing to make you think he's going to be a good coach. And we aren't winning 11 games next year. We'll be about as bad as this year. Even if we got Cousins, we aren't winning 11 games because you have to know how to game plan in the NFL, and we just so happen to have the NFL's dumbest HC.

Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    It was probably time for a lot of the position coaches to be let go, Tolbert hasn't developed anyone on the roster other than DT, and DT was a 1st round pick with a lot of talent, and wheels. Sanders was developed in Pittsburgh and then benefited from Manning. I LOL at the talk of Latimers 'emergence', the dude was a 2nd round pick and 4 years later we're finally seeing a small, small uptick in production and we're pleased with it? Im not. If he's retained for anything more than slightly more than vet minimum, I'll be floored.

The only reason I'm not as upset as i thought I'd be Sunday than VJ isnt gone is that there is absolutely no talent pool for HC's coming in this year. The only guy I'd take a flier on is Mike Vrabel (sp?), and thats basically what we did with VJ last offseason.
    Yeah there isn't a coach out there that really turns the wheel for me. That's why it was such a big disaster to hire him last year. There were far more qualified candidates, and VJ hasn't excelled at any job he's had in the NFL.

But we're stuck with him and that means complete rebuild. Elway is sticking with Joseph while we get this roster competitive again, and then he's getting tossed.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Yeah there isn't a coach out there that really turns the wheel for me. That's why it was such a big disaster to hire him last year. There were far more qualified candidates, and VJ hasn't excelled at any job he's had in the NFL.

But we're stuck with him and that means complete rebuild. Elway is sticking with Joseph while we get this roster competitive again, and then he's getting tossed.
    Yeah, if you dont see a complete turn-around from VJ and staff he's gone next season.. like 10-6/win the division better turn-around. The pool of free agent head coaches next year should be pretty stellar. Jay Gruden, John Harbaugh, Hue Jackson, and Adam Gase will all start the season on hot-seat watch. You could have Jim Harbaugh back in the mix, and Bruce Ariens may have a change of heart over retirement.

So finally got around to watching this game with only a couple things to watch... (Thank you random NFL game streaming dude on youtube)...

1) DeMarcus Walker. Just getting into the start of the second quarter...and the most primary thing to note....this kid is SMALL. I can definitely understand why the coaching staff was reluctant to play the kid...but still don't forgive them for not doing it anyway and instead using a BS excuse like "he needs to learn how to play special teams."

PFF gave Walker the highest grade of the game for Denver. An interesting note but something that is catching my eyes....(and something Cyanide should take a gander into ) his burst/get-off has been very consistent. May not be electric but I'm definitely seeing him show flashes of disruption.

I love his hand usage. This kid has got "it" in terms of fighting with OL...he literally just needs the size/strength to go along with it. He seriously looks like Von in his frame...but as a DL....that's not good. But he's surprising.

In his first real action, in his first real position, of the year....he posted the best grade on the Broncos...how is that not encouraging?

By the way Cy, if you're bored one day and want to add on more film sessions at MHH..

I would throw this game out there for the Demarcus walker crowd..I'm sure you'll find notes that will make it interesting enough

Walker is for sure interesting. I differed with cy when he was drafted about his burst and get off on the ball. Now I just watched mostly highlights/prolly not as much film as cy but I saw some good stuff from the kid and this game in his natural position showed he could be worth the 2nd round pick.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Walker will be bringing some heat next year, getting bigger and stronger will be key this off season.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123