Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Michael Crabtree Reportedly Expected to Be Cut

The Oakland Raiders are reportedly ready to move on from wide receiver Michael Crabtree following the 2017 season, according to Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Per Gehlken, releasing Crabtree is a viable move for the Raiders because it won't account for any dead money against the salary cap.
    "Don't worry about the horses being blind.......just load the wagon!"
    ~~John Madden

Good. I want Anthony Miller in the draft. Also, some good and young FA WRs this year...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I would cut all the fat, Crab, Penn, Smith etc.

What? No way. Crabtree is so underrated. If this is true it has to be due to their issues beacause on the field he has a great connection with Carr and most of the time he makes great plays. Heís not a top 5 WR but he defiently is no bum. What are we doing here? Who would replace him? Cooper has not shown anything. Our first pick has to go to our defense.

Although if Gruden does get the job and given final say on the player personnel it may not matter whats reported today as it could change as soon as he is hired.

Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Although if Gruden does get the job and given final say on the player personnel it may not matter whats reported today as it could change as soon as he is hired.
    Or maybe he's making demands/decisions already...

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Or maybe he's making demands/decisions already...

Could be. Gruden has always been a coach that likes veterans. Not big on rookies. Keeping Crabtree seems like a move Gruden would make.

Never Forget

You're going to cut our best receiver without any viable replacement? Think this is a BS story. How in the world can they make player decisions if they're firing the staff?

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    You're going to cut our best receiver without any viable replacement? Think this is a BS story. How in the world can they make player decisions if they're firing the staff?
    Its more about the cap probably. Can clear about 7 million with no dead weight. That will help sign Mack long term without going too much into our current cap space.

I wouldnít be shocked if Crabtree was let go he has had some on field issues, starting fights, getting thrown out of a game etc...

Crab is a possession receiver ala old Brown/Rice. Hard to say heís our best to receiver when he drops everything and plays like ish.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Draft Anthony Miller and you would be saying Crabtree who?

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Draft Anthony Miller and you would be saying Crabtree who?
    We said the same thing about Cooper who was a canít miss pick. Look at him now, dropping balls, a non factor, has had more bad games then good games. Itís always hit or miss in the draft. Iíll rather keep a proven guy and yes draft his replacement but let him earn a starting position and not just give it to him because of his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Its more about the cap probably. Can clear about 7 million with no dead weight. That will help sign Mack long term without going too much into our current cap space.

We can cut smith, and Amerson and that frees about 10 million in cap. Mack still has 3 years with us 1 team option(Nex year, and 2 franchise tags 2019,2020)

Itís crazy what happened to Cooper, he had two solid years to start his career and then this?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast