Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Carr is a good QB which means he's inevitably going to get overpaid.

You can't look at this season though and think you saw the "real Carr" because Todd Downing was so obviously in over his head as OC.

The only thing I would be concerned about with Carr is that he apparently managed to piss off his OL.
    Because he stuck to his beliefs and didn't subscribe to their off the field agenda. The O-Line was unprofessional and needs a collective crash course on how to be men.

I remember the days back in Philly when Gruden put Ricky "For Who-For What?" Waters in his place. He will give every last one of them a bus ticket out of town. They are all cattle so much as I am concerned. Expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I really believe it. I've been on the anti Carr bandwagon since his rookie year, and only part of it is because he's a Raiders QB. He's so over hyped that it's become ridiculous. He's so frustrating because he's got the arm to make every throw, but he's too gutless to throw the ball down the field. Sure part of the problem is his OC, but Carr deserves quite a bit of blame himself.
    Go Tebow yourself.

I really believe it. I've been on the anti Carr bandwagon since his rookie year, and only part of it is because he's a Raiders QB. He's so over hyped that it's become ridiculous. He's so frustrating because he's got the arm to make every throw, but he's too gutless to throw the ball down the field.
    Raiders QB a part of it? LOL. More like almost all of it. He was anything but gutless last year.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Overpaid? Yes. Doesn't mean he isn't a franchise QB. Outside of having one of the elite guys in the league, how much better can you do than Carr? Carr doesn't have anything to do with Pooper dropping everything in sight or playing defense. Raiders will be fine if they find a competent coaching staff, either fix Pooper/replace him, and build a competent defense.
    Cooper may have some drops but without him last week. Possible Carr throws an 0-ffer.

I think he's in the Kirk cousins tier. Fringe top 10 qb.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Raiders QB a part of it? LOL. More like almost all of it. He was anything but gutless last year.
    Carr broke his back and still played. The funny thing about it, even after suffering a broken back, Carr was still a better option than any QB on the Denver Broncos roster. Much better.

Osweiner, Semen and Lynch...Talk about a gutless roster at the QB position...
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Carr broke his back and still played. The funny thing about it, even after suffering a broken back, Carr was still a better option than any QB on the Denver Broncos roster. Much better.

But all 3 of those guys combined aren't making what your gutless QB makes in a year.

Believe me. I'm so glad you guys have Carr. By the time your franchise realizes he's a minimal upgrade over Dalton, it will be time for you guys to rebuild again.

At least Broncos fans aren't in denial about their QB's. We know they suck.

But all 3 of those guys combined aren't making what your gutless QB makes in a year.

Believe me. I'm so glad you guys have Carr. By the time your franchise realizes he's a minimal upgrade over Dalton, it will be time for you guys to rebuild again.

At least Broncos fans aren't in denial about their QB's. We know they suck.
    I'm sure you will look dumb for saying this just like last year

I'm sure you will look dumb for saying this just like last year
    One year of looking dumb for me and 3 years of Carr supporters looking dumb....I like my chances .

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    So it seems that the Bay Area teams get so in love with their coaches and executives that they offer ownership stake. Davis should take a lesson from the mistake that the Athletics made in giving Billy Beane ownership shares- therefore making him essentially immune from firing- and just stay away from this route.
    Davis should learn from the mistake his father made re-hiring a former head coach in 2006. Don't re-hire the same guy to the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post

Nice names. Are you 5?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

One year of looking dumb for me and 3 years of Carr supporters looking dumb....I like my chances .
    Only looked dumb this year but nice try. Looking at the Broncos this I like my chances

That was the real Carr though. Even if you don't count his rookie year, this season kinda mirrors his sophomore year. He's had one really good year in his 4 year career.

Do you believe that if he was getting a contract now that he would be getting the largest deal in NFL history?

Musgrave did a damn good job covering up Carr's deficiencies. Downing wasn't able to, and now they're out in the open.
    I've done my share of bashing Carr. He's MVP material with a decent OC, a working run game, a clean pocket, and WRs who get separation and catch. Under pressure he's still too antsy and tends to panic.

There were many factors to Carr's regression this year though. The worst OC in the league... maybe the worst the NFL has ever seen. I cannot stress enough how bad Downing is, as though he dismantled this offense on purpose. 1st, destroy the run game with a zone blocking scheme that doesn't fit personnel. 2nd, route trees more fkd up than anything I've ever seen. Multiple WR running the same route in the same space... routes almost always south of the sticks. 3rd, predictable play calling. No play action. Very little motion. Everyone in the building knew what the Raiders were running.

Carr also had a 1st year QB coach, Peetz, who apparently felt no need to correct any of Carr's bad mechanics. I don't think Peetz is aware of what proper mechanics are, considering his resume had never at any time had anything to do with quarterbacks.

Our WR coach, Rob Moore, was recently called out by Sammy Watkins, saying what a vast improvement their new WR coach was in comparison. Thus our WR corps took a step back as well. WTF was Raider brass thinking putting these idiots in charge?

Our "elite", well paid O-line seemed to forget how to pass block over night.

Reports surfacing now, that Marshawn Lynch made a habit of clowning Carr, calling him a ***** in the locker room, the coaching staff roasting Carr in front of the entire team, WR drops, terrible play calling, injuries..... all add up to a really bad year.

Say what you want about Chucky, but he's going to clean that **** up. Del Rio lost the locker room which is why he was fired. If Carr plays next year like he played this year, then your comments will have validity. But I really don't think so.
    Last edited by chibberaider; 01-04-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Only looked dumb this year but nice try. Looking at the Broncos this I like my chances
    Lol no. Carr supporters have looked dumb more often than not.

I know the Broncos are trash right now. Unlike you, I'm not in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    I've done my share of bashing Carr. He's MVP material with a decent OC, a working run game, a clean pocket, and WRs who get separation and catch. Under pressure he's still too antsy and tends to panic.

There were many factors to Carr's regression this year though. The worst OC in the league... maybe the worst the NFL has ever seen. I cannot stress enough how bad Downing is, as though he dismantled this offense on purpose. 1st, destroy the run game with a zone blocking scheme that doesn't fit personnel. 2nd, route trees more fkd up than anything I've ever seen. Multiple WR running the same route in the same space... routes almost always south of the sticks. 3rd, predictable play calling. No play action. Very little motion. Everyone in the building knew what the Raiders were running.

Carr also had a 1st year QB coach, Peetz, who apparently felt no need to correct any of Carr's bad mechanics. I don't think Peetz is aware of what proper mechanics are, considering his resume had never at any time had anything to do with quarterbacks.

Our WR coach, Rob Moore, was recently called out by Sammy Watkins, saying what a vast improvement their new WR coach was in comparison. Thus our WR corps took a step back as well. WTF was Raider brass thinking putting these idiots in charge?

Our "elite", well paid O-line seemed to forget how to pass block over night.

Reports surfacing now, that Marshawn Lynch made a habit of clowning Carr, calling him a ***** in the locker room, the coaching staff roasting Carr in front of the entire team, WR drops, terrible play calling, injuries..... all add up to a really bad year.

Say what you want about Chucky, but he's going to clean that **** up. Del Rio lost the locker room which is why he was fired. If Carr plays next year like he played this year, then your comments will have validity. But I really don't think so.
    You hit on several things that are giant red flags about Carr. I heard about the Lynch thing, and I heard about the coaching staff roasting him in front of the whole team. It all just screams poor leader.

The biggest thing though is how bad he is under pressure. He was one of the worst passers when blitzed this year.

There's some things to like about Carr for sure, but there's enough flaws in his game to confidently say he's a minimal upgrade over a guy like Alex Smith, Case Keenum, Andy Dalton, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled if Denver had a guy like Carr. If you notice, other Raiders fans keep mentioning the Broncos like I don't know that all of our QB's are garbage and our team is in disarray. BUT Carr has played 4 years now and has a giant contract. The excuses for him have to end. Carr was as big of a problem this year as JDR, Downing, and Cooper were.

Oakland literally won one more game than Denver.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast