Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Trade deadline Targets

What are some realistic names you guys would like to see us make moves on and try to acquire before the deadline?

If there’s anyway we could get Saric from Philly that’d be great.

Tyreke, Lou Williams, Noel....Tyson chandler?

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    If there’s anyway we could get Saric from Philly that’d be great.

Tyreke, Lou Williams, Noel....Tyson chandler?
    Been nuts about Saric since the first year he was rumored for the NBA. Philly is addicted to the future so maybe some #1's plus salary might work.

However, unless they plan on not giving Brown the max when he comes up, hanging onto Saric isn't going to be easy if even possible.

Honestly, unless Hayward comes back and can play 15-20 MPG in the playoffs there is no chance, even if we deal for an expiring 5 w/ playoff experience and skills and snag a shooter for the green team.

Even if it all breaks right, we're at best a 10% shot to win the title, assuming no injuries or the same level of injuries for all of the playoff teams. Without Hayward 1.5%, no moves .05%

Reality doesn't get in the way of true fans or those steeped in reality.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

This sounds , but I would love to have Jordan Clarkson come off the bench for the C's... I know he has 2 more years, but he has a rather cheap contract considering his point production...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Exactly with Hayward out we aren’t going to make any rental/win now type moves.

Any moves should be for a player with some years on contract or we would like to resign.

Clarkson ehhh never been fond of him, I’d rather have Smart. Wouldn’t mind Randle from the Lakers tho.

One guy I would keep on eye on for the celtics is Mirotic from the Bulls. He is on a one year deal with a club option for next year and could be a rental player who doesnt get the option picked up next season. Perfect type of rental player who can offer solid 3 point shooting off the bench and can be good for the celtics system when it comes to spacing and rebounding off the bench.

He has a 28.1 defensive rebonding percent this season which is very solid and a .480 3pt%.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    One guy I would keep on eye on for the celtics is Mirotic from the Bulls. He is on a one year deal with a club option for next year and could be a rental player who doesnt get the option picked up next season. Perfect type of rental player who can offer solid 3 point shooting off the bench and can be good for the celtics system when it comes to spacing and rebounding off the bench.

He has a 28.1 defensive rebonding percent this season which is very solid and a .480 3pt%.
    I like Mirotic also, but that team option for 18'/19' is a nice asset for the Bulls... IMO, he won't be had for cheap... They can get a 1st for him IMO...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I like Mirotic also, but that team option for 18'/19' is a nice asset for the Bulls... IMO, he won't be had for cheap... They can get a 1st for him IMO...
    If they want the celtics own first round pick I would offer it to them. One less guaranteed contract on the books to offer a max to someone after Horford leaves in 2 seasons when his contract is up.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Definitely Mirotic

AgrĂ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    Noel i think would be perfect for you guys. Very versatile defender, and i think he would help alott off the bench, or as a starter.

Noel would be a nice piece

NO to Noel. Disliked on his new team and his old team. Does nothing for our offense which is a far bigger issue than our D. Doesm't fit the C's offense - either set or on the break. Maybe with a training camp behind him, but integrating a disinterested player after the mid way point? Nah.

Besides, who loses time? Thies - that's a minus on O, a wash on rebounds, and a plus on low post D. Nope, try again.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-06-2018 at 06:55 AM.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Hopefully Greg Monroe... Gotta keep Horford healthy for the playoffs... If the LAL pick doesn't convey, Monroe's only gonna be 28... If he shows productivity the C's way, he may be a good signing...

Reggie Lewis

I wish Moe Harkless made less money...id love to use the DPE on him but he makes a tad too much and his under contract past this season. POrtland would love to boot his contract too....oh well.

Id just like to see a vet rebounder. Id say veteran shooter off the bench but I truly believe Gordon Hayward can/will be that guy.
    El Presidente

What about Boris Diaw....im talking after the dust settles and this team has 1 final roster spot to fill. I think he could be a potential back of the rotation player who is a poor mans(very poor mans) Al Horford(bit who can rebound and pass). What do you think? Not sure what he has done this year overseas but he does have an NBA out clause.

Again...I realize he has very little left in the tank but he could be of use as a back end of the rotation guy come playoffs?
    El Presidente

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast