Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I said the stat is useless lol

A "NFL QB's record stat" is about useless as a MLB pitcher's record.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I always thought football was a team game and a team wins or loses, not the QB?

I get what you are trying to say, but Tannehill has had some pretty gawd awful defenses in his tenure, so its hard for him to win games when he is constantly trying to come from behind.

When a team goes up by two scores, it can just pin its ears back and go after the QB. Its not as cut and dry as you think it is.

Tannehill would have won the last two games of 2016 to get us to 10-6 just like Moore did. Matter of fact, Tannehill would have had us in the playoff game against PIT alot more that Moore had us.
    Tannehill was always coming from behind because his lack of staying on the field kept our defense on the field a lot

I don't think Tannehill would have won the last 2 games of 2016. the running game was less effective in them and the passing game was more effective. they played to stop Ajayi and Moore ripped them apart. how many games can you say Tannehill ripped a defense apart with his arm?

yes football is a team game but without a solid QB it don't matter. you need an all star defense to make a move if you don't have 1

I don't think a pitcher giving up 1 run and losing is anything like a QB stat because a QB is more responsible in determining a win. you step up with the game on the line as a good QB. pitchers have absolutely no control

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I said the stat is useless lol
    I don't see how you can separate the two. If the Dolphins win 10 games next season with Tannehill then if its useless you can't lay claim that Tannehill is a major reason we won 4 more games.

Yes the Saints loss games with a good QB. A good QB is not going to guarantee you are going to win a lot of games. I will say it again. The QB is the most important position on the field. You can lose any other one starter on the field and the impact will not be as great to winning games as the QB. If you believe that then Wins is a factor in deciding the quality of a QB. How large a factor is a matter of question. Does anyone believe that the Patriots or Packers would of been as good over the years if it wasnt for Rodgers or Brady? Do you think those 2 QB's can be attributed to plus wins? Its obvious to me that those two teams won a considerable more amount of games because of Brady and Rodgers question is how many can be attributed to them.
    Last edited by Plague; 01-10-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Tannehill was always coming from behind because his lack of staying on the field kept our defense on the field a lot

I don't think Tannehill would have won the last 2 games of 2016. the running game was less effective in them and the passing game was more effective. they played to stop Ajayi and Moore ripped them apart. how many games can you say Tannehill ripped a defense apart a defense with his arm?
    Ajayi ran for 206 and 59 in weeks 16 and 17. It's not like Moore carried us in those two weeks. In the those last two games Moore threw 4 TDs and 2 INTs while completing 53% and 70%. Not exactly eye popping numbers. Those 4 TDS were a great run after the catch from Parker, An outside throw to stills who ran a great route, Landrys tough goal line TD against the pats, and then a wide open stills. Again, not necessarily plays that you look at and credit Moore for.

In the 5 games after Ajayis break out games he averaged 60 yards a game. In those same games Tannehill averaged 230 yards a game and 71% completion percentage. He also threw 11 TDs to 5 INTs (3 coming in the single ravens game). If you want to talk about Tannehill picking teams apart, just in those 5 games I can say that we dont win without Tannehill in the Chargers, Rams, 49ers or Cardinals games (threw 3 TDs before his injury in the 3rd).

any person who watched the last 2 games could tell the passing offense took the forefront and was much more impressive and unlike anything we saw all year. Ajayi carried us all season. Moore carried us the last 2. passing game opened up more with him

Tannehill could have won those 2 but how both games played out I don't think he would have

sounds like you are giving Tannehill the credit for 2016 when it was all Ajayi. we were winning despite Tannehill's lackluster play. dude struggles just to get 200 yards passing on a weekly basis which is crazy considering how well we ran. he still struggled despite a running game and half the time when he manages to even pass for 200 yards its because he collected most of it in garbage time
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-12-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Ajayi in games, vs. 2x NYJ, 2x BUF and 1x PIT - 786 yds and 5 TD's . . . . all other games (10 total) 486 yds and 3 TD's.

So when you say Ajayi carried us all season, what you really mean is that he was excellent in 4-5 games, and mediocre or average in 10-11 games? That, to me at least, does not warrant a season.

I get your hate for Tannehill, everyone has either a great opinion of him or a not so great opinion. But to say that Ajayi carried the team last year is 100% inaccurate and false.

We had a lot of lucky wins in 2016. We were 10-6 with a -17 PD, thats rare. We had a lot of lucky plays at the end of games whether it was Parkey for CLE missing a field goal at the end of regulation to win the game or Kiki Alonso with a big int return for a TD. It just seem every win something magical happened for a fairy tale season.

without Ajayi we draft in the top 10

Ajayi carrying us is 100% true. has nothing to do with my feelings towards Tannehill its an indisputable fact

We don't get to the playoffs without Ajayi last year. That's true. We also don't make the playoffs without Tannehill carrying us after the Jets game. You said he got a lot of his yards in garbage time yet every game outside of the Steelers game (where he had multiple TDs dropped) on our win streak was a close 4th qtr game. There's literally no garbage time in those games.

And again, Ajayi had a few good games but he wasn't consistently productive. The main reason the offense was better with him was because we had a consistent threat of a running game. Not just because of Ajayi.

we do make the playoffs without Tannehill last year

I wouldn't assume that Tannehill would of won 2 of the last 3 games to get us into the playoffs. His history in big games late in the season has been poor. Anyone remember that stinker against the Jets where he threw for about 50 yards? He is going to have to prove to me he can win big games before I will just give those big games to him.

I said on these forums last season that when Tannehill went down we wouldn't notice a difference between Tannehill and Moore and I feel that was the case the last 3 games. Under Tannehill its not like we had a good offense last season. Take away Matt Moores 3 games and our average puts us 21st in offense. 2016 was one of those seasons where we got all the late game breaks and won a lot of close games.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234