Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Week 17: Buffalo Bills (8-7) vs Miami Dolphins (6-9)

Tunsil is reportedly going to be out for the game, Zach Sterup will start in his place.

Also some rumors that Gase my play and even start Fales in the game.

Okay, I'm not a big stats guy, but this might make today's game a little more fun for some people. Earlier this year I noticed something strange about our perennial sack artist, Cam Wake. He sits at 9 sacks and is 35 years old, so no complaint from me, he is giving all he has. But did you know he has never had 2 double digit sack seasons in a row? In fact, he has always alternated, having a single-digit sack season followed by a double-digit sack season then back to single, etc. Obviously he could have put that trend to rest had his Achilles not been injured when he was dominating a couple of years ago, but it is kind of an amazing trend IMO.
    If he does not make 10 sacks or more by the end of the day that trend continues. The bright side is that we could expect him to get at least 10 next year. Think that's not possible? He sits at 90.5 right now so you know he will be gunning to get into the 100 sack club next year, which would then require 9.5 sacks anyway, or 9 if he gets a half sack today.
    Anyway, just a little subplot to follow today if you want to. Happy New Year everyone!

A note on Wake is he hit one of his $1M bonuses with playtime, today he could hit another. These all add onto his contract for next season.

This might be the first time I fall asleep during a game.

Well it's clear Fales isn't worth a roster spot next year.

I fell asleep during the game and woke up just in time for the fight.

I was gonna say that Drake and Landry have shown that they're playmakers and worth investing in, but then they go and do this. I don't have a problem with it but Gase has to consider how many hot heads he has on the team.

but I was told Landry matured

I had no problem with it. started with Drake defending Landry. followed by Landry defending Drake. some Bills should have been ejected though because punches were thrown against Drake which really set him off. I like players defending players and this makes me like Drake more

also Landry was a stud in this game

now lets get Key

They ****ed up when they gave Stills that contract. I like Landry buy they can't dump more money on receivers and in all honestly I'm tired of revolving our offense around two yard routes. They're not even bubble screens which allow your qb a quick release and mess with corners. We run slow developing short routes. Time to change the offense.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Landry said one of the Bills players had his hands around his neck and thats why he acted like he did so I dunno. We all know Landry is a firey guy but hasn't really ever gotten into fights though.

Stills had 58 catches for 847 yards (Both higher than last year) and 6 TDs this year, all with bad QB play. That contract is way good, makes up for the bad ones in Kiko and Branch. His AAV is 21st (Will drop next year with FA deals)

There's plenty of bad contracts on this team, Stills isn't one of them. The moment the passing game went towards focusing on him and Parker it really opened up last year instead of forcing it to Landry every other play. He was good this year and will be even better with Tannehill back next year.

I don't blame Landry or Drake for the fight. Drake was getting attacked at the bottom of a pile and Landry was getting roughed up after the play. Only reason Drake got kicked out was because of throwing the helmet and he already came out today and said it was stupid. The only problem I have with it is that it's been a constant trend under Gase that the players are dumb enough to have moments like this and all the other stupid penalties. It has to be a major focus in the off-season to get the players to play smarter.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    but I was told Landry matured

I had no problem with it. started with Drake defending Landry. followed by Landry defending Drake. some Bills should have been ejected though because punches were thrown against Drake which really set him off. I like players defending players and this makes me like Drake more

also Landry was a stud in this game

now lets get Key
    Ha! That might be me you're talking about. I did say he cut down on his stupid penalties and he still has done that. 4 last year down to 2 this year even with yesterday's display. FTR I actually have never been a Landry fan and if I had to decide, I would let him go unless he really wants to be here and play for a team friendly contract. I was hoping we would trade him earlier this year when it was pretty apparent we weren't going anywhere. He is actually a big reason why I don't ask my son to watch the games with me anymore. I also think he has been trying to cut down on those penalties because he knows this is a contract year for him and finally, with the season almost over he boiled over and basically quit on his team, leaving them out there to fight without him the rest of the way. I'm a bit more impressed with the other guys for stepping up and playing hard without him. I also find it a little harder to believe that he really wants to be in Miami. My guess is that he knows they will let him go where he will make more money and he will do just that, so it was easy to give up and lose control, which is his emotional MO. He improved in that area this year, but he will be an issue for a few more years, or however long it takes for him to grow up, unless the contract he finds also lands him with a very disciplinarian HC on a winning team, where it is easier to maintain your composure.
    Has anyone else noticed that a lot of his stupidity follows a good play? Last year it seemed like every time he made a catch or a fist down he popped up and jawed at the defender for tackling him, or whatever he was complaining about. I guess getting a TD on the last game of the season was overwhelming for him yesterday. He says the guy had his hands around his neck but I would think the guy was trying to prevent a TD. Landry had no hands on him when he decided to run back into the crowd of players and deliver head and fist shot. I think his justification speaks to his immaturity. I don't think you want to dump money into guys like that and make them your leaders, but I have also given up trying to understand some of this team's contract moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Landry said one of the Bills players had his hands around his neck and thats why he acted like he did so I dunno. We all know Landry is a firey guy but hasn't really ever gotten into fights though.

Stills had 58 catches for 847 yards (Both higher than last year) and 6 TDs this year, all with bad QB play. That contract is way good, makes up for the bad ones in Kiko and Branch. His AAV is 21st (Will drop next year with FA deals)
    I am curious. Stills had a better season with bad QB play than he did with so called good QB play. Its not like Stills is a young and improving player. What makes you think he will build on those numbers instead of going back to a after thought like he was when he was paired with Tannehill?

Stills games under Cutler were not that good this season. Stills just isn't a good fit for this offense. You take away the few games that Stills had with Moore and Stills stats don't look so good.

I think with Tannehill just like Cutler Stills will go back to being a decoy and not a central part of the offense.

Here is the yards for Stills in games where Cutler played the entire game.

37, 51, 13, 13, 49, 28, 67, 47, 98, 18, 8, 48
    Last edited by Plague; 01-01-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I am curious. Stills had a better season with bad QB play than he did with so called good QB play. Its not like Stills is a young and improving player. What makes you think he will build on those numbers instead of going back to a after thought like he was when he was paired with Tannehill?

Stills games under Cutler were not that good this season. Stills just isn't a good fit for this offense. You take away the few games that Stills had with Moore and Stills stats don't look so good.

I think with Tannehill just like Cutler Stills will go back to being a decoy and not a central part of the offense.

Here is the yards for Stills in games where Cutler played the entire game.

37, 51, 13, 13, 49, 28, 67, 47, 98, 18, 8, 48
    The main reason Stills didnt have more of an impact this year was because Cutler was awful at throwing a deep ball. Stills had multiple catch of the years for us and each one was because of how the pass was from Cutler. I honestly don't understand how you just don't see how much Cutler affected the offense this year. Same reason Landry didn't have 1000 yards. Also during the teams best stretch last year had Parker playing the best football of his career. Stop using stats to talk about a players impact.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The main reason Stills didnt have more of an impact this year was because Cutler was awful at throwing a deep ball. Stills had multiple catch of the years for us and each one was because of how the pass was from Cutler. I honestly don't understand how you just don't see how much Cutler affected the offense this year. Same reason Landry didn't have 1000 yards. Also during the teams best stretch last year had Parker playing the best football of his career. Stop using stats to talk about a players impact.
    It was Wrench who used stats, I asked the question based off his stats and would you prefer I just said that Stills didn't get very many yards with Cutler and let you look it up yourself or would you prefer I post the numbers?

I totally understand Cutler sucks. However Cutler wasn't here in 2016 Tannehill was and Stills put up less yards with Tannehill as the starter. I personally think its because Stills is a bad fit in this offense and when Tannehill comes back Stills will go back to being the decoy he was with Tannehill. That's what I said in the last post.

actually had a better year with TH. better YPC and more TDs. just had more targets in 2017. with an improved OL I see Stills having a huge 2018

I think Stills is a great fit. I had my doubts when we resigned him and didn't actually want us to but he has proved me wrong since we did

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast