Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: DH or No DH

Pitchers are not paid to hit. They are paid to pitch. Same with hitters.

I don't know why anybody wants to see a pitcher hitting. Strategy? What is this chess? Let the pitchers do what they are paid to do, and let the hitter do what they are paid to do.

DH is better for the game then no DH. It should have happen already.
    Screw sabermetics.

Tee ball ftw...
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Pitchers are not paid to hit. They are paid to pitch. Same with hitters.
    Great. So are some position players like Brendan Ryan and Jason Heyward. All glove, zero bat yet when they're in the lineup, they still have to hit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Tee ball ftw...
    https://youtu.be/lpKaHeM7pGs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I'm more intrigued by the competence of the hitter in the batter box and the pitcher trying to get him out than I am by the wit of the manager on how to manage the pitcher's batting spot. Ideally pitchers would be competent enough hitters that I could get the best of both worlds but I don't ever see that happening so I'll take the DH in both leagues please.
    Excellent take! I find the allegedly superior strategic NL game boring compared to the AL

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Are place kickers football players? Maybe they should have to play linebacker once in awhile
    Ding ding I knew I like you, one nut

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

When I was younger, I didn't like the DH. Primarily because the other league had it.

Now, I can't stand watching the pitcher hit.

I also don't like watching the 8th hitter either get pitched around or intentionally walked because the automatic out is on deck.

I don't like watching the pitcher bunt and give up an out. Half the time they can't even accomplish that!

I don't like watching the pitcher being taken out in a close game for a pinch hitter when he's sailing along.

I would rather see a competent hitter up there opposed to watching the manager make decisions based on whether or not the pitcher is coming up. I'm not watching to see what kind of great moves the manager makes. I would rather see a legitimate matchup between hitter and pitcher.

It's going to come no matter what.

I like the idea of strategy with no DH but I don't like to see 3 terrible at bats at the same time.

Are place kickers football players? Maybe they should have to play linebacker once in awhile
    That game is not designed as 9 vs. 9.

Football is designed for specialized positions. You don't see LB's playing WR or TE's playing safety. It just doesn't happen and that's why they have 53 man rosters.

Baseball is designed as 9 on 9. Fielders vs. hitters... one of the fielders throws the ball to get the play started.

So sports that are designed 9 vs 9 are exempt from specialized positions?

Pitcher is not a specialized position? You donít see pitchers playing catcher or shortstop. It just doesnít happen.

No baseball is designed for 9 on 9. Basketball is designed for 5 on 5.

Football is designed for offense vs. defense. special teams vs. special teams.

If you want to make it more like football, then defensive players don't have to hit. Have 9 DH's... why not. It's more entertaining, right?

One last point... hockey players are two way players, basketball players are two way players, rugby, soccer... all two way players. They are all active sports with extended timings... (less stoppages).

Baseball can either be a sport focused around 2 way players or a sport focused around offense vs. defense. Special rules that contradict the game don't make sense. If you want the best hitters... fine, but don't say it's only for the pitchers. Play the best offensive guys at every AB.

Next hockey game I coach, Iím going to have my goalie play forward for a couple shifts. He should be given a chance to contribute offensively.

Talk about going off-topic. This guy cant even stay in the same ****ing sport.

Lets try to keep the comparisons somewhere in the realm of apples vs apples.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    No baseball is designed for 9 on 9. Basketball is designed for 5 on 5.

Football is designed for offense vs. defense. special teams vs. special teams.

If you want to make it more like football, then defensive players don't have to hit. Have 9 DH's... why not. It's more entertaining, right?
    There is always that one guy.... And apparently it is you. Congrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast