Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DH or No DH

DH or No DH

Should the NL add the DH or stay the way it is right now?

the current CBA expires December 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Definitely the DH. Im tired of watching pitchers run the bases and while the Mets have a damn good pitching staff that can rake, i’d much rather do everything possible to make sure they don’t injure themselves again lol.

Also, it would make the whole mantra of “get players who can play multiple positions” not as important and lord knows the Mets love those kinds of players.

Letting guys like Cespedes DH to take pressure off his legs would be perfect IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Definitely the DH. Im tired of watching pitchers run the bases and while the Mets have a damn good pitching staff that can rake, i’d much rather do everything possible to make sure they don’t injure themselves again lol.

Also, it would make the whole mantra of “get players who can play multiple positions” not as important and lord knows the Mets love those kinds of players.

Letting guys like Cespedes DH to take pressure off his legs would be perfect IMO.
    I agree to an extent but at the same time I love the fact that there’s actual strategy to NL baseball. It makes the game more interesting.

I'd prefer no DH, but it's way more likely to be added to the NL, then removed from the AL. I assume it's coming.

It's a matter of preference, that's it.

Ah it's that time of year again I see

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

I'm more intrigued by the competence of the hitter in the batter box and the pitcher trying to get him out than I am by the wit of the manager on how to manage the pitcher's batting spot. Ideally pitchers would be competent enough hitters that I could get the best of both worlds but I don't ever see that happening so I'll take the DH in both leagues please.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I think interleague play has run its course and we should go back to balanced schedules, especially with best record determining home field advantage in the World Series. Baseball could market AL vs NL with a fresh start. Having different rules for each league is an appeal and fans are allowed to choose which style of play they prefer. No other sport offers that which sets baseball apart. I'd hate for baseball to lose that. Jon Smoltz has some great opinions on the matter as well. Tom Verducci has a different twist on interleague, reversing the rules in AL and NL parks. In an AL park, the pitcher would hit. In a NL park, the DH would be implemented. Gives fans a different look. Interesting idea.

I hate watching pitchers try to hit and run the bases. I'm also tired of the hypocrisy surrounding how we treat this. Bryce Harper injures his knee while running to first- something he would do regardless of leagues- and we have an uproar to change things. Meanwhile, Jimmy Nelson goes down for the Brewers with a torn rotator cuff after an at-bat, and no one decides to argue pitchers hitting, despite the fact that if Nelson played for the Twins instead of the Brewers, he wouldn't have been at the plate.

For the National League fans out there, I would be more than willing to tie the DH to the starting pitcher if that's what it takes, but I want to stop seeing the embarrassment of pitchers at the plate.

I love the added strategy of no DH but at the end of the day having a professional batter batting is probably for the best. I dont really care either way TBH

If I had to choose one, I like the NL style of play better. Same 9 in the field are the same 9 who bat. Also, a lot more strategy goes into managing games in a NL park.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Double switches aren't that advanced a strategy, the NL will have the DH soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    I love the added strategy of no DH but at the end of the day having a professional batter batting is probably for the best. I dont really care either way TBH
    Same position.

At this point, though, just put the DH in. I hate having two separate rules more than anything. Just make it the same already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

My grandma can manage in the AL. No strategy whatsoever with the DH. All you have to decide on is a lineup and when to take a pitcher out.

Eliminate the DH from the AL altogether.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast