Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Hue Jackson and Lane Kiffin were good in press conferences, to be fair to both men.

Al Davis was right about Kiffin: a talented football mind wasted in an insufferable man.

Hue Jackson is flash and style without substance; his record in Cleveland is exactly what I would have predicted as I watched him squander a playoff team in 2011.

Not listed? Tom Cable, who will probably get another shot to be an NFL head coach. I'll be very interested to see what Cable does with his second chance, especially since I think he was one year away from getting the Raiders into the playoffs in 2010.
    Kiffin is a very smart offensive mind and Hue has charisma. I never liked Cable. If he was going to get another shot he problay would have by now I think. I know he had an interview or two over the years. Nothing serious. And the way young guys are getting promoted and desired it only gets worse for him the older he gets. But even with all that said. Jon Gruden is Just on a different level

He’ll become the third man in history to coach this team with a ring on his finger, so yeah, whole ‘nother level.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    you still talking about Gruden????
    Yes

Raiders hire Jon Gruden as the next coach of the Raiders

Can't wait to the draft...

"Killer Instinct"

Mark Davis once again proves his doubters wrong delivering a legitimate coaching staff. Im extreamly excited to see if we can become a consistently good team. Al Davis let his ego get in the way of team sucess and probably cost us a SB or multiple SBs. Cant wait to see jon get back to work!

I bet this roster gets a good shakeup this off season. Jon will want to put his stamp on this team. Cant wait for the draft!

Quote Originally Posted by Fade to Black View Post
    I bet this roster gets a good shakeup this off season. Jon will want to put his stamp on this team. Cant wait for the draft!
    Wouldn't it be nice if he won without making major changes in personnel. What message would that deliver? It will be interesting to see who buys into his system, and what happens to those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    My thoughts on the 11-min abbreviated press conference:
    -Burfict was UDFA bc his personality on and off the field, not bc he was an unknown. He's a good football player and Guenther has had a hand in that, but don't make it seem like Guenther took a running back and taught him to be a LB in a short amount of time.
    -Sounds like Lynch is likely out. He has to bend the knee but IMO, will refuse again.
    -Sounds like Gruden and RM will work together but maybe RM has final-final say on the roster.
    -Hmm... Gruden has mentioned "2 years" a few times now.The 10yr/$100M is ridiculous and it reminds me of those absurd deals that players get and you know they'll never see that money. I am now like 75% sure there's a buyout clause in the contract or some other kind of opt-out option for the team after Gruden's 2nd deal.

My biggest positive takeaway- he sees the potential of some of these guys (I'm guessing Meliwonfu, Conley, Edwards, etc) and the need to get them on the field because they can better neutralize the "new breed" of offenses.

My biggest negative takeaway- when asked about how the game has changed in 10 years, Gruden's answer was all about off the field stuff (except for player safety). He better not come out w/ some lame-***, early 2000s, 7-step-drop playcalling from a 2wr/te/fb/rb I-formation.
    He was mentioning two years because that's how long they have in Oakland.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The relocation doesn't have much of an effect on his job status tho. It feels as though he's been given a guaranteed minimum of 2 years, then him and/or the team can reassess before they go to Vegas.

It makes sense. The Raiders can't have him as coach for the first Vegas season if he pulls a Hue and goes 1-31. However, they can't fire him and still be on the hook for the remaining 8 years of the contract. It's impossible.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

He’s going to be so successful so fast his contract is going to be 100% worth it in 5years. Chucky is back and more prepared and hungrier than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if he won without making major changes in personnel. What message would that deliver? It will be interesting to see who buys into his system, and what happens to those who don't.
    Purge time....

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    He’s going to be so successful so fast his contract is going to be 100% worth it in 5years. Chucky is back and more prepared and hungrier than ever.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    My thoughts on the 11-min abbreviated press conference:
    -Burfict was UDFA bc his personality on and off the field, not bc he was an unknown. He's a good football player and Guenther has had a hand in that, but don't make it seem like Guenther took a running back and taught him to be a LB in a short amount of time.
    -Sounds like Lynch is likely out. He has to bend the knee but IMO, will refuse again.
    -Sounds like Gruden and RM will work together but maybe RM has final-final say on the roster.
    -Hmm... Gruden has mentioned "2 years" a few times now.The 10yr/$100M is ridiculous and it reminds me of those absurd deals that players get and you know they'll never see that money. I am now like 75% sure there's a buyout clause in the contract or some other kind of opt-out option for the team after Gruden's 2nd deal.

My biggest positive takeaway- he sees the potential of some of these guys (I'm guessing Meliwonfu, Conley, Edwards, etc) and the need to get them on the field because they can better neutralize the "new breed" of offenses.

My biggest negative takeaway- when asked about how the game has changed in 10 years, Gruden's answer was all about off the field stuff (except for player safety). He better not come out w/ some lame-***, early 2000s, 7-step-drop playcalling from a 2wr/te/fb/rb I-formation.
    The ‘two years’ is referring to the two years left in Oakland before leaving for Vegas. Coach Gruden said he loves Oakland, and wants to win at least one SB for that city before the move.

Sent by my two-way radio via mountain top antenna.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Purge time....
    Agree!

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast