Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    If he wins, people will say it was the smartest investment MD has made. If he loses, MD will be considered a dummy. Some people couldn't wait to get JDR in here. Now here we are 3 years later, people can't get him out fast enough. Chucky hasn't even been announced yet, and already some of us are getting anxiety attacks. I would say next season would be a cleansing year. If we make the PO's...OK. But I would expect to be in the running in that 2nd year. I believe that's what will happen. I think he was one of the best options out there. I really don't care what they're paying him. That''s what it took to seal the deal.

LMFAO @ stork parading around as the model of consistency.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

I know with Tampa he was a questionable coach, but he gave us the best seasons. That cannot be taking away from him. Gruden definitely will bring control and discipline to this team.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Itís a fairly blunt point, what arenít you comprehending? High impact guy...10 years/$100M. Reeks of desperation.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh I agree-but these are desperate times. Mark could very well founder in Vegas without some sort of draw, attention spans are pretty short in places like that. Gruden whether his performance has warranted it or not is a rock star. Honestly, I expect .500 football over the next 10 years with a season or 4 where he puts us withing striking distance of a Lombardi. If this were 28 years ago. It would be unacceptable. After the last 16. I'll take it.

We were lucky Stork. We were fans when winning the division and making serious run at a Super Bowl was the standard, not a once in 30 year event.

Gruden aint the Hoodie. Maybe Mark should have held out for Belichick to leave New England. Sounds like Brady's TB12 agenda is displacing The Patriot Way...

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Gruden aint the Hoodie. Maybe Mark should have held out for Belichick to leave New England. Sounds like Brady's TB12 agenda is displacing The Patriot Way...
    When that party breaks up it will never be produced again. That is a once in a lifetime convergence of talent and personality....
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

Wouln't surprise me a bit if Gruden has taken this job so he can be present when the dynasty falls, after all he was present at it's birth.

One more check off of the ol' bucket list....
    "..When you have great coaches, then after you have great coaches you get great players, you have a great organization, and you tell them one thing-

Just win baby"

~ Al Davis ~

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    When that party breaks up it will never be produced again. That is a once in a lifetime convergence of talent and personality....
    What talent? David Patten? Coverting WR's to DB's and winning a Super Bowl or 6? Brady was created by Belichik. Tom Brady is Gus Frerotte without the organization that was built around him. You will never see an organization dominate for two decades like the Patriots in our lifetime, ever. It was all about the Hoodie.

Al Davis's run from 1966 to 1986 is the next closest examples with + .700 winning percentage and taking 3 out 4 Lombardi's. In my humble opinion.

The 1970's Pittsburgh Steelers were the oft chance convergence of talent. They had an 8 year run. The Patriots have been winning divisions and Super Bowls for 16 years.
    Last edited by Proximo; 01-06-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    What talent? David Patten? Coverting WR's to DB's and winning a Super Bowl or 6? Brady was created by Belichik. Tom Brady is Gus Frerotte without the organization that was built around him. You will never see an organization dominate for two decades like the Patriots in our lifetime, ever. It was all about the Hoodie.

Al Davis's run from 1966 to 1986 is the next closest examples with + .700 winning percentage and taking 3 out 4 Lombardi's. In my humble opinion.

The 1970's Pittsburgh Steelers were the oft chance convergence of talent. They had an 8 year run. The Patriots have been winning divisions and Super Bowls for 16 years.
    Gus Frerotte??? Brady is the GOAT. Bellichek was trash is Cleveland without Brady and marginal before Bledsoe went down and Brady came in.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Gus Frerotte??? Brady is the GOAT. Bellichek was trash is Cleveland without Brady and marginal before Bledsoe went down and Brady came in.

You don't know your history very well. Belichick was building something in Cleveland. The move to Baltimore undid a lot of it.

Brady was nobody before Belichik and would like be nobody without him. Montana would not have been the successful NFL QB that he was, without Bill Walsh.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

Without Brady, NE will be decent, but nowhere near where they are today. Bellichek is overvalued.

I'm with Proximo on this. It's a ridiculous argument though. There have been tons of good qbs who excelled in a system, and tons of garbage who sucked cuz their situation sucked. But we'll never know how much of Brady's goatness is him, his magic trainer, belichick, or Kraft's genius, or incessant cheating. My vote's the latter. Pointless to speculate. I'm glad they're fracturing as those insufferable clowns have gone on for far too long.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 01-06-2018 at 05:37 PM.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Speaking of breaking up.....rumors of Bellichek going to the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Speaking of breaking up.....rumors of Bellichek going to the Giants.
    I wouldn't doubt it. Brady wants to prove he could do it will out Bellichick. Bellichick?...well his legacy is secure. The Hoodie has devised and executed game plans that have defeated some of the best offensive minds in NFL history. Bellichick is without a doubt the most capable head coach to walk the sidelines at any level.

Unlike Lombardi-Bellichicks rosters are not laden with HOF players.

Thereís no desperation, Marks been trying to persuade the best non contracted NFL HC to rejoin us since Al passed away. Mark truly believes he is about to secure the legacy of the Raiders. He wants Gruden long term to create stability which grooms long term success. Folks weíve been on the rise for 3 years Jacks overstay will be seen as a minor blip. This roster is far more talented than the doomsayers know. If Del Rio can get 12-4 out of this lot then thereís plenty of talent. I donít rate Jack as a HC but he was a vital bridge out of the coaching wilderness. Gotta thank him for that

Grudens back Iím wondering how much Chucky we will see heís a lot wiser

For those who are using bs about his TB tenure hereís a very good clarification article educate yourselves

https://www.bucsnation.com/2009/9/6/1012083/why-jon-gruden-didnt-work-out-in
    Last edited by Inspector; 01-06-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast