Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Iran Protests

When you send in CIA operatives to stage a coup and overthrow a democratically elected leader just because they won't play ball with you.....yeah expect some resentment.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    When you send in CIA operatives to stage a coup and overthrow a democratically elected leader just because they won't play ball with you.....yeah expect some resentment.
    What are you a sympathizer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What are you a sympathizer?

Nope. I think their *** backwards Islamic rule of their country is immorally dangerous to the majority of Iranian citizens who want change, and dangerous to the world.

That said, we ****ed them up bad via covert corrupt operations in the 50s and it has residual effects.

Nope. I think their *** backwards Islamic rule of their country is immorally dangerous to the majority of Iranian citizens who want change, and dangerous to the world.

That said, we ****ed them up bad via covert corrupt operations in the 50s and it has residual effects.

Yep we screwed up big time and they still hate us for it. Even those who hate the regime probably balance their hatred for us precariously.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yep we screwed up big time and they still hate us for it. Even those who hate the regime probably balance their hatred for us precariously.
    Yeah. I just don't find it all that hard to hold two somewhat conflicting feelings about an issue. It's not always black and white.

There is no proof that happened. Could be just the people growing tired of their evonomic problems. From what i gathered the iranian protests happened for many reasons. Some were protesting low wages/corruption/spending too much money abroad, some the islamic opression, others (kurds/azaris/arabs) feel like theyre opressed minorities,ect.. The clergymen and regime have a habit of blaming everything on the US. Theres a reason why they call them the "great satan".

Do not be fooled by irans "democracy". Theres also a reason why khameini is called the "supreme leader" and he was not democratically elected.

Yeah. I just don't find it all that hard to hold two somewhat conflicting feelings about an issue. It's not always black and white.
    I agree. People like you who are willing to question the government is what we need, but im saying a dangerous trend recently. Some (not saying you, mostly on twitter) hate their own government so much that they defend some truly horrible people. Most do not know what theyre talking about. Khameini deserves to burn in hell IMO. I think his regime will not last long.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    There is no proof that happened.
    The CIA and British Intelligence agencies admitted to their involvement in it 60 years after it happened.

I agree. People like you who are willing to question the government is what we need, but im saying a dangerous trend recently. Some (not saying you, mostly on twitter) hate their own government so much that they defend some truly horrible people. Most do not know what theyre talking about. Khameini deserves to burn in hell IMO. I think his regime will not last long.
    Yeah and Iíd agree with that, though you could fill a shot glass with how little I know about Khameini. I just think itís easy to see the current hatred of the US by Iran, NK, whoever as simple ideological differences when in fact there is a long and destructive history behind it.

Ah, PSD's favorite Indonesian neocon shows up once again to toe the party line on yet another Shia nation's government. We missed you!!

The CIA and British Intelligence agencies admitted to their involvement in it 60 years after it happened.

my bad i thought you were talking about these protests, hence my reply about khameini.

Yeah and Iíd agree with that, though you could fill a shot glass with how little I know about Khameini. I just think itís easy to see the current hatred of the US by Iran, NK, whoever as simple ideological differences when in fact there is a long and destructive history behind it.

I agree, but theyre also hypocrites considering they're doing the same thing in the middle east right now. They have their hands in iraq, yemen, syria, lebanon, afghanistan, palestine.

In syria and iraq theyve committed huge crimes against civilians. They're basically in control of both countries and their governments. They arm miltias in lebanon and yemen. Hezbollah has a stronger army than the lebanese state. They can and do topple the government whenever they want to. Assad (jr. and sr.) with the help of Iran and hezbollah has assassinated many, many of their Lebanese opponents throughout the past decades. Eventually that lead to the Cedar Revolution (Lebanese against syrian "occupation"), but the assassinations never stopped. What do you expect from an Iranian armed militia when the Iranian government oppress their own people?

In Yemen, they armed the Houthi militia and look how that turned out. Yemen is a shithole because of the Iranians and the Saudis. The Iranians built a miltia and once again spread an extremist ideology in another country. In terms of their beliefs the Zaidis in Yemen have always been closer to Sunnis than Shiites, until Iran started supporting the Houthis and turned their ideology more like the twelver shia sect (iranian regime's). Houthis do NOT represent the majority of the yazidis in yemen though. They just eliminated a prominent yazidi leader last month. He was the yemeni president for decades. The Houthis recruiting child soldiers, stealing government money, seizing assets and killing and jailing anyone who opposes them. Even killing people just based on their religious beliefs. Over the past few months they've revealed their true intentions in Yemen. They do not want a fair representation. They want to take over. Again, what do you expect from an Iranian regime that oppresses their own people?

I think its clear that over the past decade Iran has been meddling in the middle east even more than the US. While obviously most of the anti-US sentiment is warranted, I think the regime also uses their propaganda and religion in some ways similar to ISIS. Where they go they spread their extremism and the country turns to ****. In fact, the reason many Iranians were and are protesting recently is because they're meddling too much and the funds are largely coming out of the Iranian people's pockets.

Dont take this as me defending the Iraq war. I was just putting things into perspective. Theyre just as bad, if not worse, given the difference in resources available.
    Last edited by 5ass; 01-12-2018 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Ah, PSD's favorite Indonesian neocon shows up once again to toe the party line on yet another Shia nation's government. We missed you!!
    Indonesian?

Another shia nation government?

Missed youu too babe

my bad i thought you were talking about these protests, hence my reply about khameini.

I agree, but theyre also hypocrites considering they're doing the same thing in the middle east right now. They have their hands in iraq, yemen, syria, lebanon, afghanistan, palestine.

In syria and iraq theyve committed huge crimes against civilians. They're basically in control of both countries and their governments. They arm miltias in lebanon and yemen. Hezbollah has a stronger army than the lebanese state. They can and do topple the government whenever they want to. Assad (jr. and sr.) with the help of Iran and hezbollah has assassinated many, many of their Lebanese opponents throughout the past decades. Eventually that lead to the Cedar Revolution (Lebanese against syrian "occupation"), but the assassinations never stopped. What do you expect from an Iranian armed militia when the Iranian government oppress their own people?

In Yemen, they armed the Houthi militia and look how that turned out. Yemen is a shithole because of the Iranians and the Saudis. The Iranians built a miltia and once again spread an extremist ideology in another country. In terms of their beliefs the Zaidis in Yemen have always been closer to Sunnis than Shiites, until Iran started supporting the Houthis and turned their ideology more like the twelver shia sect (iranian regime's). Houthis do NOT represent the majority of the yazidis in yemen though. They just eliminated a prominent yazidi leader last month. He was the yemeni president for decades. The Houthis recruiting child soldiers, stealing government money, seizing assets and killing and jailing anyone who opposes them. Even killing people just based on their religious beliefs. Over the past few months they've revealed their true intentions in Yemen. They do not want a fair representation. They want to take over. Again, what do you expect from an Iranian regime that oppresses their own people?

I think its clear that over the past decade Iran has been meddling in the middle east even more than the US. While obviously most of the anti-US sentiment is warranted, I think the regime also uses their propaganda and religion in some ways similar to ISIS. Where they go they spread their extremism and the country turns to ****. In fact, the reason many Iranians were and are protesting recently is because they're meddling too much and the funds are largely coming out of the Iranian people's pockets.

Dont take this as me defending the Iraq war. I was just putting things into perspective. Theyre just as bad, if not worse, given the difference in resources available.
    Agreed

Wow. It was an open joke in the 1950's that Iran was referred to as the 51st American State.

The US upended the government of Arbenz, supported Battista and his immoral government.

The US intervened in Central and South American 33 times between 1900-1933.

Our habit of messing with others has down shifted since Nixon resigned, and its become more subtle.

We have a lot to answer to in terms of messing with governments and as a side effect millions of lives.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Indonesian?

Another shia nation government?

Missed youu too babe
    Yeah you lied about being Indonesian the last time I called you out on your obvious agenda (don't worry I didn't believe you when you said it either). The last time it was Syria, now Iran.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast