Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgLB51 View Post
    No Baker Mayfield please! We already lived through Money Manziel. Cannot do it again!
    He's NOTHING like Manziel on the field, and nothing like Manziel off the field. He plays with attitude and passion for sure. Manziel was just an idiot druggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Bro,

I loooove Baker Mayfield. He is the best prospect I've seen in awhile.

-He can make ANY throw, short or long.
    -He has tremendous arm strength (better than Manziel/Brees) and has zip on his passes.
    -Fantastic accuracy.
    -He is a pure pocket passer who looks off defenses and safeties, makes multiple reads and throws the ball in places defenders can't get to.
    -Lightning-fast release. He'll shift from read-to-read and when he sees an opening, deliver a bullet in a nano-second.
    -His decision-making is superb with great poise and footwork in the pocket who can make rushers miss.
    -Great IQ.
    -Passionate and emotional and wants to lead/win.
    -Would love to come to the Browns.

He's like a better version of Russell Wilson. One of our scouts Scot McCloughan is infatuated with him. McCloughan pushed the Seahawks to draft Wilson and Mayfield looks waaaay better.

Thing is, Mayfield isn't even all that small. He's 6'1 (Brees is 6'0, Manziel 6'0, Wilson 5'11) but with a stocky, Wilson-like build. He's a slinger like Favre was, and Favre was only 6'2. And his hand size at 9 1/2 isn't bad.

Don't just watch highlights - watch everything and compare Mayfield to Rosen and Darnold. If Mayfield was their height, he'd blow them out of the water and would be the undisputed #1 QB. He's a better QB and he's gonna be a really good QB in the NFL.
    I am not doubting Mayfields on the field skills. We just don't have a team to surround him with like Wilson or Brees had. Not to mention his arrest a year ago is a a reason to look further into his character

"Itís hard for me to tell you about the other coaches, but I know what Hue Jackson can do, and I feel very comfortable and confident that I can get it turned. I believe that. I know that. I expect to get that done."
    -Hue Jackson

A.J. McCarron is now a valid option... Do the Browns just go all in for him, or try and chase Cousins? My gut says if Haley is comfortable with McCarron, then the Browns zero in on him from the start.

"Itís hard for me to tell you about the other coaches, but I know what Hue Jackson can do, and I feel very comfortable and confident that I can get it turned. I believe that. I know that. I expect to get that done."
    -Hue Jackson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12