Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2018 Cleveland Browns Offseason Thread

This forum is so dead. I have been checking it weekly but no one has been there to talk to. Thought I would start this in hopes that a couple Brown's fan would jump in!

Coaching
    I think Hue Jackson and Greg Williams are here to stay. I would love to see Mccoy or Greg Olson come in as Offensive Coordinator. Depending on what happens with Marvin Lewis, I could see Ken Zamper coming in as an Assitant Offensive Coach and Passing Game Coordinator.

Free Agency
    AJ Mccorn QB, Bengals
    Sheldon Richardson DT, Seahawks
    Trumaine Johnson CB, Rams
    Jeremy Hill RB, Bengals
    Zach Fulton G, Chiefs
    Albert Wilson WR, Chiefs

Draft
    I believe the Browns should trade the number 1 pick to the Giants for their #2, #34, and a future 3rd

Round 1) Pick 2- Saquon Barkley, RB
    Round 1) Pick 4- Minoan Fitzpatrick, FS
    Round 2) Pick 33- Isaiah Oliver, CB
    Round 2) Pick 34- Kolton Miller, T
    Round 2) Pick 37- Maurice Hurst, DE
    Round 2) Pick 64- Tarvarus McFadden, CB
    Round 3) Pick 65- Troy Fumagalli, TE
    Round 4) Pick 97- Jaylen Samuels, FB
    Round 4) Pick 120- Jaleel Scott, WR
    Round 5) Pick 129- Dre Bailey, DT
    Round 5) Pick 154- Eddy Pinerio, K
    Round 6) Pick 160- Johnny Townsend, P
    Round 7) Pick 191- David Bright, OG

"Itís hard for me to tell you about the other coaches, but I know what Hue Jackson can do, and I feel very comfortable and confident that I can get it turned. I believe that. I know that. I expect to get that done."
    -Hue Jackson

I'm right there with a lot of the mocks
    Pick 1- Darnold
    Pick 4- Barkley if still around or Quentin Nelson if Barkley is gone. I know a guard or RB that high is risky but I think both are gonna be automatic mainstays for their team from game 1 and the Browns could use some automatic picks
    2nd Rd- OT, CB, S

I want the first 3 picks to be used on the offense.

Biggest thing that I DONT want is a mid round QB. I also don't want any of the FA QB's. Cousins is talent but I don't like his attitude and wouldn't want him for a rebuild

Use the first 3 picks on QB, RB, Line and we already have a nice crop of receivers, secondary backs, a young TE and a decent line especially if you add a 1st round plug and play like Nelson

Biggest FA moves I want and am willing to overpay for are a corner and DE so we don't have to draft on the DL

Just read that the Browns hired Alonzo Highsmith as a Vice President of Football Operations. Like this hire a lot. Brings in another former NFL player who has a track record of evaluating talent. Hopefully Dorsey will bring in a second high level excutive to help manage the player contracts and cap.

Not to excited for the Sean Ryan interview, I think there are way better options out there

I'm right there with a lot of the mocks
    Pick 1- Darnold
    Pick 4- Barkley if still around or Quentin Nelson if Barkley is gone. I know a guard or RB that high is risky but I think both are gonna be automatic mainstays for their team from game 1 and the Browns could use some automatic picks
    2nd Rd- OT, CB, S

I want the first 3 picks to be used on the offense.

Biggest thing that I DONT want is a mid round QB. I also don't want any of the FA QB's. Cousins is talent but I don't like his attitude and wouldn't want him for a rebuild

Use the first 3 picks on QB, RB, Line and we already have a nice crop of receivers, secondary backs, a young TE and a decent line especially if you add a 1st round plug and play like Nelson

Biggest FA moves I want and am willing to overpay for are a corner and DE so we don't have to draft on the DL
    I don't think Darnold is going to enter the draft this year. Either way I think Darnald/Rosen/Allen/Jackson/Mayfield all have to many glaring holes. If this team had a lockdown defense and a stable running game I would totally be behind drafting one of these young guys. I would rather see the Browns take a chance on a proven fa QB, and spend this draft on a great RB (Barkley) and the rest on the O-Line and defense

"Itís hard for me to tell you about the other coaches, but I know what Hue Jackson can do, and I feel very comfortable and confident that I can get it turned. I believe that. I know that. I expect to get that done."
    -Hue Jackson

I'm going to wait and see if the Browns get a QB in a trade or free agency before I predict what they do in the draft. But I do know this they have plenty of ammunition to own this draft!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keato View Post
    I'm going to wait and see if the Browns get a QB in a trade or free agency before I predict what they do in the draft. But I do know this they have plenty of ammunition to own this draft!!!
    I bet we get a QB in Free Agency. And I am so excited for this draft with this Front Office. Things look like they may be turning around

-Hue Jackson

Love the Ken Zampese and Adam Henry hires. With Zampese and Jackson staff I think we will be signing AJ McCarron unless Cousins somehow escapes the Cheifs and was serious about signing with the Browns. Either way we need to get a good RB coach in here, and an OC with a QB friendly scheme.

-Hue Jackson

We hired Todd Haley!!! This is a great hire. I am so excited for this team!!

-Hue Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    We hired Todd Haley!!! This is a great hire. I am so excited for this team!!
    Yeah, I'm really happy about that.

I'd be ecstatic if we come away with Kirk Cousins or Baker Mayfield this year.

No Baker Mayfield please! We already lived through Money Manziel. Cannot do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Yeah, I'm really happy about that.

I'd be ecstatic if we come away with Kirk Cousins or Baker Mayfield this year.
    I would be ok with Cousins, Foles, or AJ Mccarron. I would prefer if we don't draft a rookie

-Hue Jackson

Been away for awhile. Hopefully the board can gain some momentum.

I wouldn't mind the idea of signing/trading for a QB whether that be McCarron, Foles, Cousins, Bridgewater, etc. I also like the idea of trading with the Giants for 2, 34, and whatever else. I would go a different route. I am not as high on Barkley as others. Maybe I am still stinging from Trent Richardson. Assuming we got a QB in another way than the draft, and we swap with the Giants, my first five picks would be:

2: Chubb
    4: Fitzpatrick
    33-35: OT, RB (Guice, Jones, Kerryon), and either CB/LB/WR whichever is a bigger hole after FA.

A lot to play out before mocks can be accurate IMO. After FA roles around, I think it will be more clear the teams approach.

The Orange is Oranger

I think in the long run we end up with McCarron so I'll give my first two picks.

#1 Darnold
    #4 Fitzpatrick

Quote Originally Posted by brownies236 View Post
    Been away for awhile. Hopefully the board can gain some momentum.

I wouldn't mind the idea of signing/trading for a QB whether that be McCarron, Foles, Cousins, Bridgewater, etc. I also like the idea of trading with the Giants for 2, 34, and whatever else. I would go a different route. I am not as high on Barkley as others. Maybe I am still stinging from Trent Richardson. Assuming we got a QB in another way than the draft, and we swap with the Giants, my first five picks would be:

2: Chubb
    4: Fitzpatrick
    33-35: OT, RB (Guice, Jones, Kerryon), and either CB/LB/WR whichever is a bigger hole after FA.

A lot to play out before mocks can be accurate IMO. After FA roles around, I think it will be more clear the teams approach.
    Welcome back man!! Yeah I hope this board will stay active. I moved out of Ohio two years ago, and I miss being able to talk Browns football!!

I totally see how Barkley can be off putting, but he didn't run behind an O-Line like Alabama. I do like Chubb a lot though. Pairing him with Garrett and Shelton would be scary

-Hue Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by keato View Post
    I think in the long run we end up with McCarron so I'll give my first two picks.

#1 Darnold
    #4 Fitzpatrick
    You would still draft Darnold with McCarron? I would stay away from that because it would be built in controversy. Hue doesn't exactly handle QBs properly so not sure I would want to give him any sort of options to flip flop.

The Orange is Oranger

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandFan11 View Post
    I would be ok with Cousins, Foles, or AJ Mccarron. I would prefer if we don't draft a rookie
    Bro,

I loooove Baker Mayfield. He is the best prospect I've seen in awhile.

-He can make ANY throw, short or long.
    -He has tremendous arm strength (better than Manziel/Brees) and has zip on his passes.
    -Fantastic accuracy.
    -He is a pure pocket passer who looks off defenses and safeties, makes multiple reads and throws the ball in places defenders can't get to.
    -Lightning-fast release. He'll shift from read-to-read and when he sees an opening, deliver a bullet in a nano-second.
    -His decision-making is superb with great poise and footwork in the pocket who can make rushers miss.
    -Great IQ.
    -Passionate and emotional and wants to lead/win.
    -Would love to come to the Browns.

He's like a better version of Russell Wilson. One of our scouts Scot McCloughan is infatuated with him. McCloughan pushed the Seahawks to draft Wilson and Mayfield looks waaaay better.

Thing is, Mayfield isn't even all that small. He's 6'1 (Brees is 6'0, Manziel 6'0, Wilson 5'11) but with a stocky, Wilson-like build. He's a slinger like Favre was, and Favre was only 6'2. And his hand size at 9 1/2 isn't bad.

Don't just watch highlights - watch everything and compare Mayfield to Rosen and Darnold. If Mayfield was their height, he'd blow them out of the water and would be the undisputed #1 QB. He's a better QB and he's gonna be a really good QB in the NFL.
    Last edited by Vee-Rex; 02-10-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast