Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    (Iím imagining at least one of Cobb/Nelson restructure or are cut...Iíd bet on restructure before cut)

(Bulaga may get the axe if someone needs to go)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read somewhere that Jordy said he will take a pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    I read somewhere that Jordy said he will take a pay cut.
    He seems like the type.

He still has a great connection with Rodgers, so he can extend his career playing with him.

I wanna keep jordy

Given age, Jordy seems like a more logical restructure candidate and Cobb seems more like a cut candidate. Jordy likely isnít getting much of a payday on the open market. His value is almost entirely tied to Rodgers at the moment. While Cobb isnít likely to get a major payday, he still has value on the open market.

But who knows. These guys all were here through the Greg Jennings fiasco. Jennings was a big time old spice guy and essentially lost that endorsement because he left GB. Cobb has to know his partnership with State Farm is done if he leaves Rodgers. Not sure what he gets paid, but Iím sure that stuff factors in some as well.

Cobb today is showing exactly who he is. Heís great to have in the sense that he can be a matchup nightmare at times.

But he needs to be schemed open. And he needs to have a mismatch against a LB or S to consistently get open. Heís not a guy you can line up across from just about any cb and expect him to win more often than not. And thatís not a guy you can pay more than $5-6 mill a year at most.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Given age, Jordy seems like a more logical restructure candidate and Cobb seems more like a cut candidate. Jordy likely isnít getting much of a payday on the open market. His value is almost entirely tied to Rodgers at the moment. While Cobb isnít likely to get a major payday, he still has value on the open market.

But who knows. These guys all were here through the Greg Jennings fiasco. Jennings was a big time old spice guy and essentially lost that endorsement because he left GB. Cobb has to know his partnership with State Farm is done if he leaves Rodgers. Not sure what he gets paid, but Iím sure that stuff factors in some as well.
    I would tend to agree.
    Jordy said before the season that he could only picture himself playing a couple of more years so I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back for one more on a team friendly restructure before hanging them up.

I agree I don't think Jordy will be around much longer, and I think you need to try and restructure both Nelson and Cobb, and I argue you keep Cobb and move Montgomery back to WR. He was almost a failed experiament at RB largely due to the emergence of Williams and Jones who appeared more than capable of being excellent complimentary pieces to Rodgers in the back field. Both displayed solid hands and the ability to run the ball. You run basically a futures compition between Cobb and Monty to see who needs to remain. This also needs to occur because adding to the offense needs to be a secondary matter as the defense (CB/pass rusher) will need to be top priority.

I will argue against the restructuring for a moment. One thing with restructuring is that you do kick the can down the road. In any restructure, youíre likely giving more years and a signing bonus. So even if you restructure Jordy or Cobb, youíre adding a cap hit next year. As much as I think restructuring is probably smart, if you donít restructure, youíre out from under any guaranteed money to either one of those two next year.

I probably agree they need to be restructured, but depending what else we do in free agency, it might not be a bad idea idea to either cut or just let one of them ride it out and be out from under any guaranteed money next year.

I am not adding any years to Jordy. He looks toast. Tell him to take a pay cut or be cut.

Good. If he left he would have been another on the recent list of players that signed elsewhere and became probowlers or even elite level players. Hayward has literally became one of the best CB's in the NFL. Hyde also had a great year and is going to the probowl. Hyde is one thing because safety is a deep position for GB but Hayward should have never been let go. I hated when they let him go and I hate it even more seeing how great he has been as a #1 CB.

I have to say it's nice that we take care of our own, but suddenly we have one of the highest paid trios at the WR position and none of them are named Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, or AJ Green.

And yes, I understand that hopefully some restructures and/or cuts are coming, but that is just crazy.

Details are out for both deals. Adams makes sense. Slightly smaller cap hits in year 1 and 2 (about $10.5 mill each) with larger hits in 3 and 4, which is standard operation for the packers. Linsley is a little more interesting. Small cap hit in year 1, good size hit in 2 and a pretty big hit in 3, but the guaranteed money is pretty small, so we can walk away pretty easily before year 3.

And both deals got done under this yearís cap. Since cap carries over, itís not a huge deal if they both play out their contracts. But itís really smart if we have to cut one of them before the deal is up because their signing bonus is spread out over an additional year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12