Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Kent is close to being elected?
    Lol never mind. I just saw the back and forth between those and thought he was. BBHOF tracker has him at just 9.9% of the vote. Still... A. Jones is only at 5.3%. Then again this is Kent's 5th go and Jones was just added.

My bad, didn't even look.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Rolen and Andruw are WAY too low. Neither guy isnít getting any love.
    Rolen? Injuries. Also some other big time guys in his era or around it. Still he should be in.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-11-2018 at 09:42 PM.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...AAsz3uDsmqy_Vw

Last year, Bonds and Clemens looked stronger until the announcement when they fell way shorter. Basically, a lot of their voters are submitting their ballots to this.

Right now.

Chipper and Vlad look like locks.

Edgar and Hoffman might get in.

Mussina, Schilling, Bonds, and Clemens are within range.

Likely to fall off:
    Johan, Damon

Andruw Jones and Rolen are crazy low

Wagner is getting 14% of the votes that Hoffman is.
    Wagner was better than Hoffman - period.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Kent is borderline. He had 5 very good->great years.

Lou W and Bobby Grich are well better than Kent, they are not in.

Cano, Pedroia, Kinsler, Utley are all ahead of Kent on the JAWS list. Kinsler doesn't seem like a HOF to me. Pedroia is at best very borderline. Utley and Cano well higher on the list than the other 3.

He's similar to Fred Lynn in a couple of ways - 5 big/very good years, but Lynn was better, played less games and got no traction for the HOF.

Wasn't Kent seen as a unpleasant man I believe. I don't believe the media cared for him. That hurts at vote time.

I don't think he'll get in. Not in my lifetime at any rate.

Of the 178 ballots turned in that were made public, 110 had 10 players on them

Right now, it looks like this will be a loaded class, 5 guys.

Thome
    Chipper
    Wagner
    Martinez
    Hoffman

Mussina very close

I'd love to see Moose get in this year

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

Cano, Pedroia, Kinsler, Utley are all ahead of Kent on the JAWS list. Kinsler doesn't seem like a HOF to me. Pedroia is at best very borderline. Utley and Cano well higher on the list than the other 3.

He's similar to Fred Lynn in a couple of ways - 5 big/very good years, but Lynn was better, played less games and got no traction for the HOF.

Wasn't Kent seen as a unpleasant man I believe. I don't believe the media cared for him. That hurts at vote time.

Him being the career leader for HR's by a 2B is pretty big though. Next three guys on the career list are all in the HOF. Plus he has a MVP.

If he didn't play in the steroid era, I'd almost say that he'd be a slam dunk HOF'er.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Sheffield needs more love

Hoffman fell like 5 votes short last year, I'm surprised he's not getting in.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

He was seen as a gruff team mate, but he was also one of the few guys who publicly and privately rallied against PED's back in the day, something that would make you unpopular with guys that were cheating.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?...AAsz3uDsmqy_Vw

Last year, Bonds and Clemens looked stronger until the announcement when they fell way shorter. Basically, a lot of their voters are submitting their ballots to this.

Right now.

Chipper and Vlad look like locks.

Edgar and Hoffman might get in.

Mussina, Schilling, Bonds, and Clemens are within range.

Likely to fall off:
    Johan, Damon

Andruw Jones and Rolen are crazy low

Wagner is getting 14% of the votes that Hoffman is.
    Damon's pretty borderline himself, kind of surprising he isn't getting more votes. He was always real popular with the media.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Damon's pretty borderline himself, kind of surprising he isn't getting more votes. He was always real popular with the media.
    104 career OPS+, 56.0 rWAR, with no peak seasons that would impress, only two seasons with a 5.0 rWAR or better, none above 6.5, good, but not great in the post-season, etc.

I don't see why people would be voting for him within their allotted 10 ballots even.

His 56.0 rWAR is 138th all time between Will Clark and Robin Ventura

Among CFers, his 56.0 rWAR is 14th between Edmonds and Wynn, Trout is about to pass him.

I'd need to put in Andruw Jones, Jim Edmonds, Willie Davis, Kenny Lofton and Carlos Beltran before I'd put in Damon.

Hoffman fell like 5 votes short last year, I'm surprised he's not getting in.
    He is at 78.0%, just needs 72% of the remaining ballots to get elected.

I'm still disappointed by the disparity in his votes vs Wagner's

Edmonds is well over Damon, the voting on him was criminal.

Wynn who is not a HOF due to two poor years in his prime years is also better than Damon.

Damon in the Hall of the very good.

104 career OPS+, 56.0 rWAR, with no peak seasons that would impress, only two seasons with a 5.0 rWAR or better, none above 6.5, good, but not great in the post-season, etc.

I don't see why people would be voting for him within their allotted 10 ballots even.

His 56.0 rWAR is 138th all time between Will Clark and Robin Ventura

Among CFers, his 56.0 rWAR is 14th between Edmonds and Wynn, Trout is about to pass him.

I'd need to put in Andruw Jones, Jim Edmonds, Willie Davis, Kenny Lofton and Carlos Beltran before I'd put in Damon.
    Dude has nearly 3000k hits, and this is why I said borderline. Still he's one of the 15 best centerfielders of all time. Hence him being boarderline.

And that says more about how great Trout is than Damon being Mediocre.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123