Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    28,318

    Jets give extensions to Maccagnan and Toilet Bowles

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...mike-maccagnan

    Extensions run through 2020. I understand not wanting to fire the coach if you are keeping the GM but are we seriously going to have to deal with Bowle's lack of clock management, terrible play calling, players not respecting team rules, etc?

    I get they outplayed expectations, which I'm sure motivated the Jets to give him an extension, but its to their detriment that they did.

  2. 12-29-2017, 10:18 PM
    Reason
    Insults

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,741
    Bowels isn't great, but he's not really THAT bad.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Bowels isn't great, but he's not really THAT bad.


    He's actually improved from last year and his players seem to love him. They are giving great effort and are growing and improving.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    235
    I like the move.. Bowles has this team ready to play every week, that is one of the most important traits a coach can have..

    If the team regresses next year they can always get rid of him..

    I really think a lot of the complaints this year about game management are extremely overblown.. The team was young and inexperienced this season and had no business being in half of those games, but still managed to surpass expectations and go toe to toe with some of the best teams in the league..

    The players like him but also respect him which is a big plus..

    I expect a good season next year and glad hes back..

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    230
    I have a feeling Bowles might have got extension in order to get a good pick from the cardinals for him..... At least that is what I am praying for...... The cardinals want Bowles if Ariens leaves and I hope we trade him for a few picks. We need to get Gruden or McDaniels otherwise we will be the same mediocre team we've been in this division.

    I don't hate Bowles but I am not really a fan of him either !!!!! I don't get how people could say the players respect him if they aren't showing up to practice on numerous occasions. We are also one of the most penalized teams in the league which shows poor discipline. I am sorry but I feel Bowles needs to go.
    Last edited by Ldog14; 12-30-2017 at 03:36 AM.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldog14 View Post
    I have a feeling Bowles might have got extension in order to get a good pick from the cardinals for him..... At least that is what I am praying for...... The cardinals want Bowles if Ariens leaves and I hope we trade him for a few picks. We need to get Gruden or McDaniels otherwise we will be the same mediocre team we've been in this division.

    I don't hate Bowles but I am not really a fan of him either !!!!! I don't get how people could say the players respect him if they aren't showing up to practice on numerous occasions. We are also one of the most penalized teams in the league which shows poor discipline. I am sorry but I feel Bowles needs to go.
    I am just reading the players really like him. I think Mo is the odd man out regarding the meetings. Lee missed one and was punished bu Mo has been lazy and will be shown the door. I think many of the penalties are youth and or a lack of talent. That should be remedied this year.
    I love your thought about trading him for picks. I hadn't thought of that. That's smart. I don't think it will happen. I think the Jets are going to stay solid on this.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,604
    I don't think Bowles is a great coach (Or really even good) but you can do worse. You can do a helluva lot better but you can do worse. I do think it's good for the future that we are actually showing a luttle patience with the coaching staff and front office. We certainly exceeded expectations this season and they did play hard. Bowles has seemed to make some strides as a coach so hopefully he can continue to improve.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    271
    Honestly, sometimes I think our fans are some of the dumbest in sports. First, for those of you not looking to tank this year, congratulations, we won 5 meaningless games. Why meaningless? Well besides the development of our two kid safeties and Robbie Anderson, we still have zero answers at QB, and all those 5 wins did was enable us to move from a top 3 pick, to possibly a top 7 or 8 pick. Secondly, now some of you are actually embracing the move to extend Bowles? Have you been asleep the past few seasons? Speaking of being asleep, that's exactly what Bowles has looked on the sidelines since he got here. Come on now guys, I know I sound like a d!ck, but it's very frustrating to read half the crap you guys have posted this past season. This season has been a friggin disaster, and I'm sad to see that our fan base has become so used to losing, that a bunch of you guys, who typically have great things to post, have become so numb to how bad this team has become. We need a QB, either Cousins in FA or they need to be in position to trade up and draft either Darnold, Rosen or Allen, at least those guys are decent prospects, Mayfield, Jackson and Rudolph may be good, but not at the first three guys 'potential' range. Sorry to vent, but this team has been soooo disappointing going back to September of 2016 and all this 'guys have been playing hard' for Bowles nonsense needs to stop. Now we need to give guys a cookie for playing hard, that's what they get paid for and are supposed to do!

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,249
    Why???????????????????????

    Jets should have dropped this chump and went in a new direction.

    If Arizona is willing to give us a pick for him, I'd jump at it.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,796
    It would be a very jets thing to dump him after two years and hit the reboot. He's not great but give him another year with a decent roster.




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It would be a very jets thing to dump him after two years and hit the reboot. He's not great but give him another year with a decent roster.
    Kinky, you're better than that! Why do we always have to settle for mediocrity? We all agree that he's not that good, let's cut ties now and move on. Deep down I think we all know he is not the answer. Like Parcells always said (at least I think it was Parcells), you are what your record says you are! Granted, not the most talented team, but his record is horrendous.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    271
    One other thing, would it kill him to show some emotion during the damn game? When hearing on the news the other day that Bowles was extended, even my wife commented, isn't that the guy who just stands on the sideline with now expression. Come on now, this is NY, Rex wasn't perfect, but at least he showed emotion and we knew where he stood. I wanted to like Bowles, but he hasn't proven to me in three years that he can lead us anywhere near the promised land.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    40,110
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...mike-maccagnan

    Extensions run through 2020. I understand not wanting to fire the coach if you are keeping the GM but are we seriously going to have to deal with Bowle's lack of clock management, terrible play calling, players not respecting team rules, etc?

    I get they outplayed expectations, which I'm sure motivated the Jets to give him an extension, but its to their detriment that they did.
    I see that the Mets forum has corrupted you.

    They signed them because of continuity, they are a well coached team that has seen considerable improvement. This team is slowly recovering from the Idzik tenure.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Kinky, you're better than that! Why do we always have to settle for mediocrity? We all agree that he's not that good, let's cut ties now and move on. Deep down I think we all know he is not the answer. Like Parcells always said (at least I think it was Parcells), you are what your record says you are! Granted, not the most talented team, but his record is horrendous.
    Bowles isn't a top tier HC by any means but he is stable. If you could get a Gruden type guy? I would be down with that but I think right now, the poison you know is better than the one you don't. I would ride it out with him another year. If they are not a solid playoff team, he's gone.
    At this point, I would also trade him for picks




    You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Bowles isn't a top tier HC by any means but he is stable. If you could get a Gruden type guy? I would be down with that but I think right now, the poison you know is better than the one you don't. I would ride it out with him another year. If they are not a solid playoff team, he's gone.
    At this point, I would also trade him for picks
    I would trade him for a half eaten bologna sandwich!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •