Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rockies sign Wade Davis

3/52 with an option to make it 4/66

This is a fantastic deal. Great to see teams getting away from 4-5 year deals. This makes Melancon and Chapman look like overpriced schmucks.

Rockies super scary and definitely put themselves ahead of the Dbacks in their division. Dodgers might take a step back too so who knows, this could be their year.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

That sucks for the Cubs. I really liked Wade Davis too. Will miss having him on the team.

Rockies sign Wade Davis

I donít think the Rockies were a flash in the pan last season. Still not good enough to overtake the Dodgers, but will surely be in the Wild Card race and building the bullpen the way they have will only help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockies looking scary. They should go and get Machado. Machado next to Arenado
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

The Rockies really loading up that bullpen this off-season.

Good signing for the Rockies... they are going all out

Relief pitching is too volatile to invest this heavily in if you ask me (especially for a team with a modest payroll like COL). I get why they're going this route though.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Relief pitching is too volatile to invest this heavily in if you ask me (especially for a team with a modest payroll like COL). I get why they're going this route though.
    Itís not really a surprise that we fixed our bullpen and magically made the playoffs last year. Starters got better like I predicted and still very young I expect better, and our lineup may not scare anyone, we will be a better on base percentage team with Tapia, Dahl and McMahon going to make the big league team to replace Reynolds/Cargo.

Anyone can hit at Coors, and in our entire history whether you believe we have never had a good hitter or not, very few players for an extended period of seasons can hit on the road in a Rockies uniform.

I will forever treasure Davis' decisive Game 5 outing in the DS against D.C., one of the nutsackiest relief performances, from a true reliever, that I've ever seen in my life.

At 17+ mil a year though for his mid 30's seasons, best of luck in Denver, Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I can see this argument but the other side of it is that a failed bullpen contract is comparatively less of a drain than a more expensive position player/starting pitcher deal. Instead of 5-7 year deals the relievers get 3-5. Big difference there. Even if they flop they're off the books sooner. Much easier to recover because the investment is smaller.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Huge signing though I think they should have saved the draft pick and re-signed Holland. Eats into them signing a big slugger which I think they should do. JD Martinez in Coors would be a delight Might have to settle for a Logan Morrison at 1B instead, which is still very good.

You guys do realize this is the highest AAV ever for a reliever, I hope. Not to mention that he's on the wrong side of 30 and has injury/durability concerns. I don't see how this is anything close to a fantastic deal for anyone but Davis.

Also, the Rockies bullpen probably isn't any better than it was to end the '17 season. Still a fringe playoff team at best. Too bad for them that they have an even tougher time attracting SP's than the Giants do power hitters.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I'm surprised by this deal in every regard. That Colorado would chase so hard.

I guess for Davis, if the Rox are going to pay top dollar, he'll do it.

Makes Melanson and Chapman look overpriced? Davis is making more $$/season than both, and he's 3 years older than Chapman. Their deals are basically dead even.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Makes Melanson and Chapman look overpriced? Davis is making more $$/season than both, and he's 3 years older than Chapman. Their deals are basically dead even.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I think it's pretty clear Davis sacrificed years for AAV. I'd prefer 3/52 over the 4/62 Melancon got. Definitely prefer giving a reliever 3 years over giving them 6. I definitely think Davis might fall off quick. But I don't think the Rockies did a bad job to get a 3 year deal considering how the market has been.
    Last edited by Sofnr; 12-29-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast